Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

As long as everything is within the law there should be no victimisation.

Thats what the FSU stands for.

Right you are then....

"In January 2021, a group of student activists who had joined the Free Speech Youth Advisory Board criticised the way the organisation was run, saying that they were censured if they disagreed with the groups right-of-centre views.[8] Having been led to believe that it was a grassroots campaign, they commented that it was an astroturfed front for the Free Speech Union.[8]"

Oh, the irony!

Edited by speckled tangerine

Denigrating people is all you seem able to do.
The whole point of free speech is to allow people like Murray, Young and Biggar make their points and be challenged by people like you.
BTW, the FSU are working hard on the case of the girl at Abertay who was threatened with expulsion for stating views on gender which are currently not popular.
Thats why we need organisations like the FSU to protect us from the illiberal, intolerant left.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. It never has.

The regurgitation of this defence every time bigoted viewpoints collide with criticism is merely a tactic used to avoid accountability.

We are all free to say whatever we like, but it doesn’t automatically follow that what we say will be received positively by the public, and nor does anybody have an automatic right to be given a ‘platform’ to air their views.

While free speech is something to be cherished and upheld in any civilised democracy, so too is the right of the public to protest, complain and push back against hatred and bigotry.

Those journalists, like Toby Young, who predictably line up to complain about the silencing of those with similar viewpoints to their own, are notably, and ironically, silent when minorities face consequences for the things they say online or in public.

15 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Calling bullshit on this one.

Let's see proof you give these grifters money please.

I don’t intend to show you my credit card statements but I paid £25 for a years sub.

You get regular newsletters and, if you get threatened with cancellation or victimisation, they have a pool of lawyers to help you.

Go on, sign up, it’ll do you good.

As I mentioned, they’re helping the girl at Abertay and various people who were threatened for calling out BLM.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t intend to show you my credit card statements but I paid £25 for a years sub.

You get regular newsletters and, if you get threatened with cancellation or victimisation, they have a pool of lawyers to help you.

As I mentioned, they’re helping the girl at Abertay and various people who were threatened for calling out BLM.

Here's the story anyway for others (Dawson excepted) I referred to above. It's actually a hilarious read, full of deceit, agendas and a cast list of thoroughly repugnant individuals.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jan/09/students-quit-free-speech-campaign-over-role-of-toby-young-founded-group?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sure you did m9. Show us the newsletter then.

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

IMG_20210324_085945.jpg.49d7334d78281bcfd1374803c0811615.jpg

Why ? I can say whatever I want to.

What is it you want to say that you're not allowed to ?

Denigrating people is all you seem able to do.
The whole point of free speech is to allow people like Murray, Young and Biggar make their points and be challenged by people like you.
BTW, the FSU are working hard on the case of the girl at Abertay who was threatened with expulsion for stating views on gender which are currently not popular.
Thats why we need organisations like the FSU to protect us from the illiberal, intolerant left.

Not all as it may seem.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/2245807/abertay-students-faced-severe-backlash-after-complaint-about-classmate-sparked-free-speech-row/

1 minute ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Sure you did m9. Show us the newsletter then.

IMG_20210324_085945.jpg.49d7334d78281bcfd1374803c0811615.jpg

Why ? I can say whatever I want to.

What is it you want to say that you're not allowed to ?

I'll second that. Like Avon said, what EXACTLY are you prevented from saying publically now that you want to?

Be very specific......🤔

44 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

As long as everything is within the law there should be no victimisation.

Thats what the FSU stands for.

Is far-right activist Tommy Robinson still a member after Toby Young saying he would be welcomed to join?

1 minute ago, speckled tangerine said:

I'll second that. Like Avon said, what EXACTLY are you prevented from saying publically now that you want to?

Be very specific......🤔

1 minute ago, speckled tangerine said:

Be very specific......🤔

I stated on here that I did not like the BLM movement and I disagreed with ‘taking the knee’ at football matches and another poster tried to have me binned from here.

What is wrong with saying that?

Okay, you can disagree but what is wrong with it?

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I stated on here that I did not like the BLM movement and I disagreed with ‘taking the knee’ at football matches and another poster tried to have me binned from here.

What is wrong with saying that?

Okay, you can disagree but what is wrong with it?

LOL....whit?

Nothing wrong with that view and many agree with that. Personally, I think it's become a bit of a platitude. However, that's not against the law and here you are and therefore, not emptied from this site. 

So, back onto Toby Young's free speech rollercoaster. Again, what CAN'T you say now that you'd like to say?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Does it apply for PnB cancellations? Asking for a friend...

Edited by Stormzy

1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

LOL....whit?

Nothing wrong with that view and many agree with that. Personally, I think it's become a bit of a platitude. However, that's not against the law and here you are and therefore, not emptied from this site. 

So, back onto Toby Young's free speech rollercoaster. Again, what CAN'T you say now that you'd like to say?

Fùck all. It's aimed at enabling those who would like to be a lot more racist or phobic to be just that. For cùnts, by cùnts. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Fùck all. It's aimed at enabling those who would like to be a lot more racist or phobic to be just that. For cùnts, by cùnts. 

You know that. I know that. f**k it, Dawson knows that. 

His half arsed attempts to justify the "aims" of this bunch of goons tells you everything you need to know. A further five minute Google of the other named individuals on their website confirms everything you expected to see.

Strong connections to Brillo-heids new outfit too. We'll be hearing a lot more from this shower of bigoted charlatans.

Spoke to a guy yesterday who needed a replacement part for his printer and has previously sourced same from Germany at a cost of £500. Went to order it this time - £1250. Phoned them to query huge increase and was told it was due to UK leaving EU. On top of that he'd have to pay £275 import tax to the UK govt. They should just change gov.uk to tinpot.uk.

21 minutes ago, HTG said:

Spoke to a guy yesterday who needed a replacement part for his printer and has previously sourced same from Germany at a cost of £500. Went to order it this time - £1250. Phoned them to query huge increase and was told it was due to UK leaving EU. On top of that he'd have to pay £275 import tax to the UK govt. They should just change gov.uk to tinpot.uk.

If the UK tax is to be payed seperately, it looks like they're charging £750 to fill out a customs declaration. While there will of course be some additional costs in exporting out of the EU, I suspect many companies are taking full advantage of Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Shipa said:

If the UK tax is to be payed seperately, it looks like they're charging £750 to fill out a customs declaration. While there will of course be some additional costs in exporting out of the EU, I suspect many companies are taking full advantage of Brexit.

Very possibly but not to the point where they may lose the business I wouldn't have thought. 

43 minutes ago, HTG said:

How long ago is it since he got it for £500.00 - pre Brexit referendum?