Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think if this last page or 2 has achieved anything, it's to confirm that Stormzy is a tory c**t who doesn't give a f**k about the damage his vote causes and Dawson just a little bit more of a moral vacuum than Stormzy.  

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A chip in your custard was always a good wan,weans not eating between 9-3 FFS.
Free education and free prescriptions the tories just can't handle it.

For me we dont even go far enough with education, make schools 9-5 and the last couple of hours is all about sport or the arts etc, give every wean a warm meal before they go home too. Give every kid loads of opportunities, increase confidence, fitness, participation in the arts and skills for life, it also builds teamworking and boosts academic performance too.  Do these things and we’ll eradicate child poverty in a generation. 

For those unfamiliar, Judge Judy is a millionaire TV host who regularly states that, due to the gradual decline in the minimum wage, people who can't afford to raise their family should be made to work two or three jobs and not sleep, if they don't have time. One of her favourite suggestions is that people should go and collect tin cans, which can be worth upwards of 1¢ each, demonstrating her firm grasp of money and the cost of modern life.

26 minutes ago, HTG said:

I think if this last page or 2 has achieved anything, it's to confirm that Stormzy is a tory c**t who doesn't give a f**k about the damage his vote causes and Dawson just a little bit more of a moral vacuum than Stormzy.  

If that's your perception then it probably says more about your piss poor comprehension.

14 minutes ago, Pato said:

Dunno why some folk get so angry when asked to own the policies of the crowd they put in charge.

Who's angry? 

I'm bemused that some people can't comprehend single issue voting and want to lecture people about morality in politics, which is a very slippery slope where everyone comes out looking bad. 

I get why people like to morally posture but in an actual political debate it's such a non point. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

On meals, during this Covid pandemic, I have spent much more time than normal in supermarkets with my wife and it is incredible to see how many nutritious meals can be cooked for very little.

A cheap chicken with a few vegetables can produce a good few main courses along with superb soup, all for very little.

This is very true. But given the pish most Scottish people eat, isn't it an argument in favour of free school meals?

The main problem is that companies providing the meals take excessive profits, the kids don't want to eat nutritious meals (parents fault IMO), and most of the staff don't know how to do anything other than heat something up.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

For me we dont even go far enough with education, make schools 9-5 and the last couple of hours is all about sport or the arts etc, give every wean a warm meal before they go home too. Give every kid loads of opportunities, increase confidence, fitness, participation in the arts and skills for life, it also builds teamworking and boosts academic performance too.  Do these things and we’ll eradicate child poverty in a generation. 

Was speaking to a primary teacher the other day,more about school of excellence and class size.
They're so many things that could improve kids schooling plus the different ways how to teach.

3 minutes ago, Pato said:

You were telling folk to shove their opinions about voting tory up their arse a short while ago so I assumed this had got you exercised.

Voting to stop today's conservatives gaining power is a moral imperative in my opinion, if we're talking about the kind of basically christian morality we were all brought up with.

Ah right, I'd need to go back and check but I'm pretty certain i said people who are equating voting Conservarive to voting to starve children can shove their opinions up their arse. I'll admit rather crude but I can assure everyone I'm not angry about anything said here. 

We'll just have to disagree on that last point, I don't think it's worth anyone's time to posture about morality when most of lifes societal problems are massive multi faceted issues that you can't boil down to a singular political party and blame them. You can make wider points about being against Tory austerity which I could agree with but to go back to where this came from, I think it's moronic, character assassination type low brow tactics to say that people that voted Tory to maintain the Union are "voting to starve children". I certainly missed that part on the manifesto! 

Dunno why some folk get so angry when asked to own the policies of the crowd they put in charge.
I wonder how the vote to invade Iraq would have gone had a condition been every MP had to nominate a family member to get kitted up and join in the fun?

Who's angry? 
I'm bemused that some people can't comprehend single issue voting and want to lecture people about morality in politics, which is a very slippery slope where everyone comes out looking bad. 
I get why people like to morally posture but in an actual political debate it's such a non point. 
No morals in politics? You're an actual poster boy for the Tories.

Or, in terms you might understand, a selfish, ill educated cűnt.

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

Well they didn't say they're going to steal more public money than anyone else in the history of the UK in the manifesto either, but they've done it anyway.

I doubt many people are cackling and twiddling their moustache while voting conservative with the express aim of causing pain, but any quality of life metric you care to think about has an inflection point in the early 2010s so I think it's reasonable to make the assumption it's because of the ensemble effects of the policy pursued by today's conservatives.

I say today's conservative because even Thatcher's governments had some vestigial notion of the public good which was manifest in higher education grants, public funding for the arts, libraries and so on. Today's conservative only wants to extirpate these things.

You make some good points about the Conservatives which I broadly agree with, hence the fact I don't class myself as a Tory supporter, I understand some will and they can put me in a box if they see fit. 

What do you say then to Unionists like myself that live in a region where it's Tory vs SNP? What do you think the wisest thing to do would be? If I abstain or vote for a smaller party then the SNP might gain the seat and if that lead to the break up of the UK then I would be devastated, I think I can fairly hold my nose at voting Tory for the time being to support the Union whilst finding it crass to label me as someone "voting to starve children". I don't think this decision should lead to any sensible person questioning my morality. 

9 minutes ago, Pato said:

Well they didn't say they're going to steal more public money than anyone else in the history of the UK in the manifesto either, but they've done it anyway.

I doubt many people are cackling and twiddling their moustache while voting conservative with the express aim of causing pain, but any quality of life metric you care to think about has an inflection point in the early 2010s so I think it's reasonable to make the assumption it's because of the ensemble effects of the policy pursued by today's conservatives.

I say today's conservative because even Thatcher's governments had some vestigial notion of the public good which was manifest in higher education grants, public funding for the arts, libraries and so on. Today's conservative only wants to extirpate these things.

There was a study done in America recently that showed that many people were voting the way they did to GIRU an "other" more than to benefit themselves.

I don't think we're a million miles away from that position here now.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No morals in politics? You're an actual poster boy for the Tories.

Or, in terms you might understand, a selfish, ill educated cűnt.

Now that's anger. 

Norman, I know you're upset about being wrong on pretty much everything ever in the BRALT, I know it hurts you that Rangers won the league, I know the current state of politics upsets you. 

I know you made a complete arse out of yourself the other day indulging in some fantasy story about me travelling down to England and being laughed away as a Scot whilst failing to recognise that I'm English. 

I know you've purposefully misunderstood my post to try and have a dig, I know you've went to amusing lengths to avoid censoring of the word c**t to show how strongly you feel and just how much of a big boy you are but please, could you save this tedious pish for your diary? 

Ah right, I'd need to go back and check but I'm pretty certain i said people who are equating voting Conservarive to voting to starve children can shove their opinions up their arse. I'll admit rather crude but I can assure everyone I'm not angry about anything said here. 
We'll just have to disagree on that last point, I don't think it's worth anyone's time to posture about morality when most of lifes societal problems are massive multi faceted issues that you can't boil down to a singular political party and blame them. You can make wider points about being against Tory austerity which I could agree with but to go back to where this came from, I think it's moronic, character assassination type low brow tactics to say that people that voted Tory to maintain the Union are "voting to starve children". I certainly missed that part on the manifesto! 
They have been starving children, the disabled and any other vulnerable member of society you care to name for years.

An election appears where, if one has any intelligence at all, one takes a look at the governments performance. And you voted for the party which had been not so subtly dismantling the safety net for those of us not fortunate enough to participate in society, to the extent that the U.N. called their policies inhumane. That flag is stained with more than Scots blood.

Own your fucking vote, you mealy mouthed little skidmark.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

I don't think it's THAT much of a stretch to say there's no morals in politics, but there are certainly those that are more morally bankrupt than others. And those are called Tories.

So who do you think I should vote for in my region as a Unionist? 

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I know there have been some posts since this one, but you're a smart lad, think this through to its logical conclusion then see if you can still justify voting Tory because of flegs.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You make some good points about the Conservatives which I broadly agree with, hence the fact I don't class myself as a Tory supporter, I understand some will and they can put me in a box if they see fit. 

What do you say then to Unionists like myself that live in a region where it's Tory vs SNP? What do you think the wisest thing to do would be? If I abstain or vote for a smaller party then the SNP might gain the seat and if that lead to the break up of the UK then I would be devastated, I think I can fairly hold my nose at voting Tory for the time being to support the Union whilst finding it crass to label me as someone "voting to starve children". I don't think this decision should lead to any sensible person questioning my morality. 

BBC Two - Red Dwarf, IV, Camille, Smeg Head

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

*Didn't read any of this part*

Own your fucking vote, you mealy mouthed little skidmark.

😂

The internet is made for people like you, I get it.