Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Rees-Mogg is Leader of the House which is a glorified secretarial job in many ways as the role is to allot government business in the House. It was such an important role the PMs just used to do the role themselves. 

While the Leader of the House sits in Cabinet meetings the post was seen as a bit of a demotion in many ways for those who had previously been Ministers- Geoffrey Howe and Robin Cook being two who were shoved into the post after being Foreign Secretaries. 

No doubt the Conservative Chief Whip and Civil Servants do much of the paperwork and Jacob is kept as far away from buggering anything up as possible. 

Tl:Dr: faux posh empty vessel in non-job makes a lot of noise.

Meaningless job or not he has a high tory profile.

If you asked Joe Public to name 6 tory ministers most would struggle but for sure all would name Rees Mogg mistakely as a minister.

A US President interfering in EU/U.K. internal politics is disgraceful.

Though on this instance it’s also very funny.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/shamrock-diplomacy-joe-biden-irish-nationalists-brexit-trade/amp/

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A US President interfering in EU/U.K. internal politics is disgraceful.

Though on this instance it’s also very funny.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/shamrock-diplomacy-joe-biden-irish-nationalists-brexit-trade/amp/

Keep thinking that one of Joe's great-grandkids left a wet tissue with some cress seeds in his pocket a few weeks ago, and nobody's dared to point it out yet.

Visa to hike interchange fees for UK customers in post-Brexit move

The UK’s biggest debit card provider will notify clients of the proposed increase in fees later this week, Sky News learns.

https://news.sky.com/story/visa-to-hike-interchange-fees-for-uk-customers-in-post-brexit-move-12247818

Brexit voters knew exactly what they were voting for.

17 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

British PhD student deported from Sweden

Deported from Sweden due to bureaucratic obstacles created by Brexit

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/deported-from-sweden/?fbclid=IwAR3mDwCC-1LO3aO-vKDw3uJFW-QJPoAgJvKfw77Jsid0a-JZaQegVc0WE3c

Most brexiters would see that as a benefit as they're a bunch of anti-intellectual arseholes who hate students.

I went to the university of life me ...

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

53 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

EU making a complete disaster of vaccine delivery.

Do you want to be part of that?

UK with the 4th highest death rate in Europe.

Do you want to be part of that?

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 14.11.52.png

Edited by lichtgilphead

16 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Anythings better than being run by English Tories.

A lot of people would appear to disagree with that. They’ve done a fantastic job with the Furlough scheme and the Vaccination procurement/roll out. Two pretty important components of this disaster. The SNP’s beloved EU on the other hand.......

leave a light on for us!!

Just now, Glen Sannox said:

A lot of people would appear to disagree with that. They’ve done a fantastic job with the Furlough scheme and the Vaccination procurement/roll out. Two pretty important components of this disaster. The SNP’s beloved EU on the other hand.......

I don't vote SNP.

I just remember what Tory scum did to Scotland under Thatcher.

Go into a pub in Auchinleck and say you're a Tory.

Good luck getting out alive.

They remember what her bully boy police force did to them.

A fantastic job with the furlough scheme?
Thousands of self employed would disagree.

38 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

I don't vote SNP.

I just remember what Tory scum did to Scotland under Thatcher.

Go into a pub in Auchinleck and say you're a Tory.

Good luck getting out alive.

They remember what her bully boy police force did to them.

I think that says more about the Auchinleck pub regulars, than it does about so called Tory scum.

In fairness the UK have done well with the vaccine, credit where credits due. Their response to covid initially was an absolute disaster which led to UK having the highest death rates per population in EU, maybe the world but like I say credit with vaccine against the EU countries.
Re. The Furlough, Ireland run something similar which has been very successful, an independent Scotland would have done the same, just like all small/large countries have done.

1 minute ago, Glen Sannox said:

I think that says more about the Auchinleck pub regulars, than it does about so called Tory scum.

No it says they remember what you Tory scum did to their village and many other Scottish villages.

The Tory Party are anti Scottish scum.

43 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

In fairness the UK have done well with the vaccine, credit where credits due. Their response to covid initially was an absolute disaster which led to UK having the highest death rates per population in EU, maybe the world but like I say credit with vaccine against the EU countries.
Re. The Furlough, Ireland run something similar which has been very successful, an independent Scotland would have done the same, just like all small/large countries have done.

Furlough isn't an act of genius, rather it is using borrowed money at a negligible interest rate to protect jobs. When the alternative is mass redundancies that comes with terrible consequences.

The 27,000 needless deaths associated with the clown Johnson, not to mention the billions of pounds wasted should be shaming enough for him to resign. They won't be though and that's the world in which we live.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fair point JLD. I dare say an Indy Scotland would have run a furlough scheme, if of course they had the borrowing power, which I’m not so sure they would. We would also in their Nirvana, be part of the EU and therefore part of their vaccine hell. Bullet dodged.