Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

As vice chair of the ERG sub-committee of idealogues.  

It is quite obvious to me, that the poor are no more than, feckless criminals, as such, we, the owners  erm I mean captains of industry and wealth creators, of the great sovereign state of Britannia have a duty to; starve the poor further, in punishment for the fact that they have committed the crime, or being poor!

Ultimately hunger and deprivation, will encourage these ner-do-wells, to pull themselves up by their boot-straps, and engage in transient work paying a subsistence wage which is insufficient to sustain them or their families here in the UK.

That way I can absolve my self of any conscious need to serve the wider community and continue to hoard and increase my wealth.  Sending the kids to preparitory-school doesn't come cheap you know, we all have our crosses to bear. 

Yours

Lord aDONissheep of Peterculter.

We should make benefit scroungers get on their bike down to Cornwall or stop subsidising their Sky tv and 10 kids. 
Do i win "guess the comments?" 

Almost, needs some mention of cigarettes and/or alcohol to be truly authentic imo.
Also needs "feckless" and "workshy" imo

On 26/02/2021 at 17:54, San Starko Rover said:

Get the gammon pensioners out, pretend there’s a war (they always seem to want to live in that period) get them to Pick for Victory.

Put Major Tom's daughter in charge of a 'Pick Daffodils for the Major' campaign. Should have the fields cleared in no time. 

Was the uk conned into voting for brexit? Blaming immigration and other inconsequential issues when the real reason was to give the south east and the banking sector more power and less scrutiny?

Who or what is brexit suiting if ifs not this. The EU did nothing much that was negative so wtf.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Was the uk conned into voting for brexit? Blaming immigration and other inconsequential issues when the real reason was to give the south east and the banking sector more power and less scrutiny?

Who or what is brexit suiting if ifs not this. The EU did nothing much that was negative so wtf.

The EU did plenty negative stuff. The fisheries policy has been an environmental disaster, the agricultural policy subsidises big land owners, the tarrif regime has been terrible for cheap food producers nearby, in North Africa particularly.

Not all the EU is affected, but the German influence and ordoliberal central bank totally fucked Greece and hurtbitaly and spain to protect German competetive advantage, an advantage that they gained by waiving the fiscal rules at the start (in their favour) at the start of the Euro. 

There are also constitutional imperatives for an ever closer union and an unelected commission to deliver it. No legislation gets passed withour the commission proposing it. The UK never got to vote on that bit, unlike many other countries. 

The banking industry doesn't seem to be benefitting from brexit nor is it easy to see how it might.  Banking services aren't included in the trade deal.  It's also quite hard to see how we could give the banking sector less scrutiny. 

The whole country is already run for the benefit of the rich people that live in the south east. Not for the whole of the south east obviously, what with all the africans and bengalis. 

For me the point is that the good stuff about the EU outweighed the bad, especially from a national interest point of view. 

I think i could understand if the whole thing had been a stich up by city gents and the financiers of belize and cayman. 

But it's not, it's some horrible spitfires and empire fantasy to compensate twats  for a lack of fulfillment in their hateful little lives. 

Every now and then I'll notice Liz Truss' mug popping up on a news story about BRITAIN! making an amazing new trade deal with someone (Ghana looks to be the latest). Now, I generally assume these deals will be on less beneficial terms than the existing trade relationship with the EU, because why wouldn't they be, but is there a straightforward place to see how the terms match up? It would be nice to have some idea, as the story is always that this is so much better than under the yoke of Europe.

Also, how the f**k does anyone sit round a table with Liz Truss and discuss anything seriously. You'd spend the whole thing wanting to put on a mock-stern face and say, "THAT IS A DISGRACE!"

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Every now and then I'll notice Liz Truss' mug popping up on a news story about BRITAIN! making an amazing new trade deal with someone (Ghana looks to be the latest). Now, I generally assume these deals will be on less beneficial terms than the existing trade relationship with the EU, because why wouldn't they be, but is there a straightforward place to see how the terms match up? It would be nice to have some idea, as the story is always that this is so much better than under the yoke of Europe.

Also, how the f**k does anyone sit round a table with Liz Truss and discuss anything seriously. You'd spend the whole thing wanting to put on a mock-stern face and say, "THAT IS A DISGRACE!"

In the case of Ghana, she's trumpeted the deal as worth £1.2bn. In fact it's a rollover of the EU deal and is worth no more than the value of what existed within the EU. What's actually happened is that it prevents the loss of £1.2bn of trade. She's a duplicitous halfwit. 

13 minutes ago, HTG said:

In the case of Ghana, she's trumpeted the deal as worth £1.2bn. In fact it's a rollover of the EU deal and is worth no more than the value of what existed within the EU. What's actually happened is that it prevents the loss of £1.2bn of trade. She's a duplicitous halfwit. 

But, hey...one of our finest ever comic performances at the Tory Conference in 2014.

Perhaps not quite what you want from a government minister, but you have to take what you can get these days.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/eu-vows-legal-response-to-u-k-violation-of-irish-brexit-accord-1.1571761

EU Vows Legal Response to U.K. Violation of Irish Brexit Accord

The British announcement that it will take unilateral action on trade rules relating to Northern Ireland marks the second time Prime Minister Boris Johnson has declared he intends to breach international law, Sefcovic said Wednesday.

Oh dear.