Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Just an example of what some French people think about their equality. 

That's informative. We've definitely never had this sort of demonstration on these shores. Absolutely not. Ffs. 

59 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Macron is so shit like you don’t have to butter up the worst people alive just because Johnson is a marginally more overt moron and bigoted right winger.

Agreed but if it was a straight run between Macron (arsehole) and Johnson (indescribable level of arsehole), I'd take Macron. 

Just now, HTG said:

That's informative. We've definitely never had this sort of demonstration on these shores. Absolutely not. Ffs. 

I love it how this is the angle that you're going for, you should be aiming such thoughts at the poster I'm responding to if that's your concern. 

I think the above post succinctly gets what I was going for where as you seem lost to the point. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Macron is so shit like you don’t have to butter up the worst people alive just because Johnson is a marginally more overt moron and bigoted right winger.

It was far from my mind to butter up and I would wish not to waltz with the latest president in Paris.

41 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I love it how this is the angle that you're going for, you should be aiming such thoughts at the poster I'm responding to if that's your concern. 

I think the above post succinctly gets what I was going for where as you seem lost to the point. 

Don't talk pish. You put up a photo of a masked demonstrated against a background of violent protest and then said:

"Just an example of what some French people think about their equality."

There are literally thousands of examples of this sort of thing within UK archives but they've got absolutely f**k all to do with our broader democratic government in the same way as your photo has got absolutely f**k all to do with "equality". 

8 minutes ago, HTG said:

Don't talk pish. You put up a photo of a masked demonstrated against a background of violent protest and then said:

"Just an example of what some French people think about their equality."

There are literally thousands of examples of this sort of thing within UK archives but they've got absolutely f**k all to do with our broader democratic government in the same way as your photo has got absolutely f**k all to do with "equality". 

In response to a post lauding Macron in comparison to Bojo in areas like equality. The gilet jaunes protest over the past 2 years were certainly larger than any similar types in the UK. 

A picture of people violently protesting financial inequality in response to someone praising a country over their perceived equality is certainly relevant. So I have no idea why you chose to talk pish to me. Again perhaps your ire should've been aimed at the post I responded to, do you not think that post was a lot of pish? 

The  little get along gang act is so cringey. 

Edited by Stormzy

On 22/02/2021 at 22:17, Glen Sannox said:

A lot of Brexit voters will be now seeing the error of their ways. What with the EU’s really successful vaccination roll out, and Macron being spot on about the Oxford vaccine being knickers, it’s really exposed us as being out on a limb.

Keep a light on for us please.

People get carried away with the 'UK vaccine success' stuff without any seeming thought as to what the final result will be. We're not even a fifth  of the way through the vaccination program, and there's every chance many EU countries will end up doing just as well, if not better. Denmark (a small northern European country with a population of a bit over 5 million)  is quite sure it is going to be done with second doses by the end of June. 

2 hours ago, bendan said:

People get carried away with the 'UK vaccine success' stuff without any seeming thought as to what the final result will be. We're not even a fifth  of the way through the vaccination program, and there's every chance many EU countries will end up doing just as well, if not better. Denmark (a small northern European country with a population of a bit over 5 million)  is quite sure it is going to be done with second doses by the end of June. 

People also get carried away with the potential effects that leaving the EU is going to have on the UK. Especially the BBC and the SNP. We’ve made a lot of mistakes throughout out this, but securing copious amounts of vaccines isn’t one of them. People can dress it up any way they like, but the EU have made a pig’s ear of it, then off the back of this, decided to flex their “bully boy” muscles and show their true colours.

21 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

People also get carried away with the potential effects that leaving the EU is going to have on the UK. 

That's true, too, at least in terms of the economics of it.

There are few issues in recent times that have produced such an outpouring of bollocks from both sides.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Against all predictions, the pound sterling is powering upwards against the dollar and the euro.

Great, that will help exports. 

Got to love the complete idiocy of thinking that having a strong currency means "good". 

Although it should offset some of the increase in euro denominated imports and make US imports cheaper. Which will mean that our beef from normal sized cows will stand no chance in the market against their juiced up freaks. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Nice to hear, especially nice for Sophia to post the 10 year charts and back up your post with some handy pictures. 

Yes, good charts.

As I recall,the Brexit vote was won in June 2016 against all the odds and the experts predicted that it would tank.

The graphs show thatNOT to be the case.

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, good charts.

As I recall,the Brexit vote was won in June 2016 against all the odds and the experts predicted that it would tank.

The graphs show thatNOT to be the case.

I recall that along with all the other doomsday predictions. Instead of embracing it, our SG, made up of career civil servants, are giving out the nauseating “leave a light on for us” message. Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

It's the German equivalent of The Sun.
It's the Bild Wot Won It.

And the headline has absolutely nothing to do with currency anyway! It's about the relaxation of virus restrictions in England, so it's not even remotely applicable to us.

A dishonest Yoon claim - who would have thought it!