Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You know, I can swear I smell Prince Andrew sweating.

Remember the days when we used to joke about Phil the Greek murdering Diana, Charles wanting to be a tampon, Edward VIII being a nazi, Victoria's grandson being Jack the Ripper...?

I miss the old, wholesome Royal Family.

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's not going to happen because a) this lot of idiots aren't going to be in power forever and b) the UK would be keeping company with the likes of Luka's Belarus, Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, China and the United States which is not a good look internationally. 

I think you're overestimating the intelligence and priorities of the British general population. The 120k dead will be forgotten about by the next election and with no more EU to paint as the bad guys they'll need votes from somewhere.

25 minutes ago, BFTD said:

How long do you think they've got? I'm thinking another two terms, at least. The only way Sir Keef's getting a sniff of Downing St is if it turns out the Conservative Party is a massive paedophile ring. And even then, probably still borderline.

Bless you for still thinking the UK gives a shit about how it looks internationally, Also, watch your tongue - some of our best mates are on that list.

Yeah I can't see sir Keith making any headway, he's incredibly dull and the country is split in two. Trying to go down the middle won't get him or the Labour party in to power.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

In other news, I see Farage is punting get rich quick schemes on YouTube with an anti-establishment edge.

Anyone bothered sitting through one of the videos? I thought about it purely to find out what he's up to, but the man's so singularly unappealing that I just couldn't manage it.

IMO It is not really about Farage at all. 

YouTube are running an algorithm to test how quickly people will click "Skip ads".  Obviously the most odious person alive would be required for this test.

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

YouTube are running an algorithm to test how quickly people will click "Skip ads".  Obviously the most odious person alive would be required for this test.

That five second delay has never seemed longer.

It's neither. What greater motivation could you have to cough up for the Premium ad-free version than the prospect of not having that frog-pussed cretin greeting before every single fucking video?

22 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Votes in the UK parliament also prevented the UK from reintroducing the death penalty. 

The first such vote was held in 1966. After the UK joined the EU, further votes were held in 1973, 1974, 1975, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1990 & 1994.

But yeah, it's only the evil EU that's stopping us from killing innocent victims of miscarriages of justice. 

That's a complete strawman.  The question wasn't have we prevented it but "Out of interest did being in the EU stop us changing any of these things?".  

I did let your lightbulb comment pass due to me being accepting that even if we had wanted to re-intrpduce them we couldn't in the EU.  Applying the same idiotic logic you are applying to the death penalty then you are incorrect about lightbulbs since the UK started phasing out incandescent bulbs in 2007 which was before the EU directive 244/2009. 

You can't have it both ways.  I personally believe that both were prevented from being changed by reason of being in the EU.

There's quite a difference between the UK ratifying an international treaty not to use capital punishment and the UK implementing a voluntary agreement to phase out non-directional incandescant bulbs.

The legislative requirement in the UK dates from September 2009 and was brought into force by EU regulations.

Please provide a link to any earlier UK implementing legislation or stfu

11 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

There's quite a difference between the UK ratifying an international treaty not to use capital punishment and the UK implementing a voluntary agreement to phase out non-directional incandescant bulbs.

The legislative requirement in the UK dates from September 2009 and was brought into force by EU regulations.

Please provide a link to any earlier UK implementing legislation or stfu

There really isn't any difference, the fact is both of them were utterly irrelevant whilst we were in the EU as we could not have reversed either once the EU Directives and treaties were in place.  You are blatently trying to ignore the original question as you quite clearly jumped in with both feet without thinking.

Let's make this simple for you with a Yes/No question - Irrespective of the ECHR, could the UK have re-introduced the death penalty after ratifying the Lisbon Treaty?

I've gone the full Google, Primarily because many moons ago, they brought out Chromecast Audio, which allowed me to convert my old 'fekk-off' floor speakers to wireless for £40.

I've since downgraded my speakers in return for what seems like hunners o' little fuckers.  I do miss the big ones though, but my wife hated them, and they were far too powerful for my living space.

Along with that, I went Google Play Music (I'd previously had Deezer, Spotify and Pure).  It's now converted to YouTube Music which I love (primarily because you can have YouTube video sound in your playlists) so you get access to all the live stuff, remixes and mashups.  (I highly recommend, MOS Dub by Max Tannone, which mixes MOS Def with Ska).

I've got family YouTube Prime membership and it's the best £17 I spend each month.

Yours, Beef is not what Jay said to Nas!

aDONis

6 hours ago, strichener said:

Let's make this simple for you with a Yes/No question - Irrespective of the ECHR, could the UK have re-introduced the death penalty after ratifying the Lisbon Treaty?

Yes, of course they could have (if we ignore the EHCR). It would just be a simple matter of either renegotiating the Lisbon Treaty or leaving the EU, plus convincing the Commons & the Lords that reintroducing the death penalty was a good idea.

However, your question is totally irrelevant, as ignoring the EHCR would put the UK in breach of treaty obligations that existed before the Lisbon Treaty, coexisted with the Lisbon Treaty and still apply today. 

I note that you have complied with my request to stfu about lightbulbs. IMO, it's always better to remain silent rather that demonstrate your ignorance further. Perhaps you could apply this lesson to the death penalty discussion as well?

Edited by lichtgilphead

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yes, of course they could have (if we ignore the EHCR). It would just be a simple matter of either renegotiating the Lisbon Treaty or leaving the EU, plus convincing the Commons & the Lords that reintroducing the death penalty was a good idea.

However, your question is totally irrelevant, as ignoring the EHCR would put the UK in breach of treaty obligations that existed before the Lisbon Treaty, coexisted with the Lisbon Treaty and still apply today. 

I note that you have complied with my request to stfu about lightbulbs. IMO, it's always better to remain silent rather that demonstrate your ignorance further. Perhaps you could apply this lesson to the death penalty discussion as well?

Holy shite all that to show that whilst in the EU we couldn't have reinstated the death penalty.  If only you had not tried to be a smart arse about it you could have saved yourself the bother of looking like an arsehole.

Edited by strichener