Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The public probably need a party to articulate that that's the case since most people don't spend their time thinking about macro economics.

Spectacular focus group based short termism by Milibands Labour fucked that.

Now any party calling for standard keynesian fiscal expansion with a moderate social democratic agenda (corbyn 2017) gets to be classed as "far left". 

Just making the argument isn't enough. The argument needs to be sneaked into current discourse so that people don't recognise it at first. The current nhs fetish is a great opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Spectacular focus group based short termism by Milibands Labour fucked that.

Now any party calling for standard keynesian fiscal expansion with a moderate social democratic agenda (corbyn 2017) gets to be classed as "far left". 

Just making the argument isn't enough. The argument needs to be sneaked into current discourse so that people don't recognise it at first. The current nhs fetish is a great opportunity. 

I don’t think that’s the case in Scotland tbh.  I reckon Keynesian fiscal expansion would be very much the order of the day; when stimulus needed obviously.

Is it possible that the old boys network might have taken out the city? 
Looks like it might be just mone laundering and tax evasion left for them soon, and the Dutch have a pretty solid offshore network too so even  that's not guaranteed. 

I'm planning to walk around my garden to raise £1000 to 'Save The City'. But they'll have to wait, I'm not 100 for another 36 years.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think that’s the case in Scotland tbh.  I reckon Keynesian fiscal expansion would be very much the order of the day; when stimulus needed obviously.

It looks likely but fairly marginal, based on

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39400/bsa37_social-inequality-in-england-and-scotland.pdf

maddeningly the preceding chapter covers attitude to tax and spend but isn’t broken down between nations.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It looks likely but fairly marginal, based on

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39400/bsa37_social-inequality-in-england-and-scotland.pdf

maddeningly the preceding chapter covers attitude to tax and spend but isn’t broken down between nations.

I have a believe that when the government of the day is championing the case for greater social equality then it will change minds.  I hope I am not being over optimistic.

All of these "I voted Brexit and this isn't what I ordered!" quotes were amusing for a while, but have swiftly become depressing as all f**k.

Boris and Farage must pish themselves every time they read something like this. So many people seem to have actually taken them seriously.

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

nwmq6dq948h61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=fbdcbe5bfd5b175c760cbfda292d3184d1588e2b

There will be some people going “who cares?  Rule Brittania” that wanted immigration stopped at any cost.  Some others like the zoomer above that actually believed the lies and thought they’d be picking gold from the streets.  Too stupid to dig deeper than the soundbites and they probably swung the vote.  Well they got what they voted for but unfortunately they’ve taken the rest of us down with them.

"Repatriation of the illegals
I'm not sure what was stopping us from repatriating illegal immigrants before brexit. 
Unless, if course, the woman meant something else....
The reason we are where we are is that the political parties, Labour being the biggest culprits, did not tackle these racist fuckwits and challenge their simplistic Daily Mail assumptions.

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The reason we are where we are is that the political parties, Labour being the biggest culprits, did not tackle these racist fuckwits and challenge their simplistic Daily Mail assumptions.

True. Anyone who does challenge these views is generally dismissed as a "lefty"  or a member of the "liberal metropolitan elite" who doesn't have common sense and couldn't possibly understand these issues from within their ivory towers.

The Tories and UKIP have done some job in reinforcing these fuckwits' prejudice.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Absolutely, the fact that even now umpteen years after the Brexit campaign there are still millions of uk residents that thought leaving the EU was required to deport people here "illegally " (and let's not beat about the bush here they primarily didn't mean white Europeans) is an absolute embarrassment. They see as many dinghies crossing the channel today as they did pre Brexit and can't grasp that this can be so, Brexit would see international law trumped and the "brown" people arriving on the beaches sent back "home" ignoring totally that absolutely none of that has anything to do with the EU bar geographically where the beach they launched their dinghy from was situated.

It's been obvious that folk have been wanting to see the state killing its citizens and battering f**k out of its weans for some time, but the pounds and ounces one is tragic. They were doing away with teaching that shite when I was in school thirty years ago; what goes through the heads of these auld fuckwits?

9% wanting to bring back shillings, guineas, and thrupenny bits  :lol:

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

EuTFhprWQAAJrJM?format=jpg&name=medium

While I disagree with all of the above, I can kind of get why some people might be in favour of them ( in a backwards , weren't the good old days great sort of way)

All except “traditional incandescent light bulbs” 

wtf!

why would anyone want to use old fashioned, less efficient bulbs?

i couldn’t tell you which kind of lightbulbs I have.

Are people genuinely upset over this?

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

2 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

wtf!

Garden Centres used to sell seed boxes where you would place light bulbs in a box, cover them with a tray and then fill the tray with soil and seeds.  In other words, deliberately designed to take advantage of the inefficiency of these light bulbs.

4 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

While I disagree with all of the above, I can kind of get why some people might be in favour of them ( in a backwards , weren't the good old days great sort of way)

wtf!

Where have you been? Folk have been bitching about energy saving light bulbs since they were first introduced. I'm just surprised it's such a low percentage.

Curious about how many of those asked would want to "kick out all the darkies", but that's a question for a new policies survey.