Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Must admit I didn't have The Daily Express down as the first publication asking whether the Brexit trade deal should be renegotiated :lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1395302/brexit-news-northern-ireland-protocol-brexit-rules-EU-michael-gove-article-16-boris-johnso

Even more staggering is that, at this time, the majority of voters in their poll say the deal should be renegotiated! 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Must admit I didn't have The Daily Express down as the first publication asking whether the Brexit trade deal should be renegotiated :lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1395302/brexit-news-northern-ireland-protocol-brexit-rules-EU-michael-gove-article-16-boris-johnso

Even more staggering is that, at this time, the majority of voters in their poll say the deal should be renegotiated! 

"If people put a particular type of integrationist theology ahead of the interests of the people of Northern Ireland they are not serving the cause of peace and progress in Northern Ireland, and that is my principal and overriding concern."

No, you snivelling incompetent; your principal and only concern is how to get the keys to No. 10.

"Pandora's Box has been opened and that is concerning. Who knows what Trojan horses will come out."

Let's hope one of your former teachers emerges and thrashes you mercilessly for this abomination.

This really takes the biscuit.
https://breakingnewstv.in/brexit-effect-no-custard-creams-for-brits-in-europe/

I assume that joke has been done to death.
The tv and radio coverage of the empty shelves in Euro "British " supermarkets had the cheek to describe the lines not currently available as "essential staples". Its custard fucking creams and the likes !!!

5 hours ago, RiG said:

It’s now clear that the Tory government had no idea of the impact of the Brexit deal.  Untangling decades of trade and replacing it was going to be a Herculean task and Johnson and Co. were advised of that but took no notice.

All the bluff and bluster of an “oven ready deal” together with overly hasty ‘negotiations’ in December had all the hallmarks of a disaster in the making.

I reckon Express readers interpretation of ‘renegotiation’ is the U.K. getting more concessions without offering anything in return.  That ain’t going to happen.

On 07/02/2021 at 11:42, Academically Deficient said:

Are the DUP the most stupid political party in Europe?

What they did is the equivalent of the Greens voting to close all wind farms and having everything made of plastic and coal.

Pales in comparison to the SDA in Bosnia's approach to coalition building in 1990:

th?id=OIP.2QWd3mTYbLgwtqxGyKk7VwHaGV&pid

What could possibly go wrong.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Suspect Device said:
This really takes the biscuit.
https://breakingnewstv.in/brexit-effect-no-custard-creams-for-brits-in-europe/

I assume that joke has been done to death.

The tv and radio coverage of the empty shelves in Euro "British " supermarkets had the cheek to describe the lines not currently available as "essential staples". Its custard fucking creams and the likes !!!

Custard creams are essential in my opinion 😁

https://www.cityam.com/london-loses-carbon-futures-trading-to-amsterdam-in-brexit-hit-to-city/

London loses carbon futures trading to Amsterdam, in Brexit hit to City

Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) today said it will move its trading of European carbon futures and options to its Netherlands-based exchange in Amsterdam from London during the second quarter, in the latest sign of financial activity leaving Britain for the bloc due to Brexit.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.cityam.com/london-loses-carbon-futures-trading-to-amsterdam-in-brexit-hit-to-city/

London loses carbon futures trading to Amsterdam, in Brexit hit to City

Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) today said it will move its trading of European carbon futures and options to its Netherlands-based exchange in Amsterdam from London during the second quarter, in the latest sign of financial activity leaving Britain for the bloc due to Brexit.

The thing about many/most of these negative effects is than they will not be reversed regardless of future changes to our relationship with the EU.

EU accuses UK of failing to implement NI Protocol obligations

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/0210/1196379-ni-protocol-brexit/

The European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic has accused the UK of failing to implement a range of obligations under the Northern Ireland Protocol, and says that sweeping changes to the Protocol will not be possible.

EU accuses UK of failing to implement NI Protocol obligations
https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/0210/1196379-ni-protocol-brexit/
The European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic has accused the UK of failing to implement a range of obligations under the Northern Ireland Protocol, and says that sweeping changes to the Protocol will not be possible.
NI is effectively now part of ROI, both in EU & closer than ever.
I for one welcome this very significant move towards a united Ireland, magnificently orchestrated by the Conservative & Unionist party

43 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

That's rather amusing. 

It is until you realise how much revenue that sector generates compared to, say, the fishing industry (which has also been screwed over despite the false promises).

The only reason this is not dominating the news and at the front of people’s mind is the pandemic, but as that, hopefully, abates there will be a realisation that Johnson’s ‘oven ready’ deal is an unmitigated disaster.

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It is until you realise how much revenue that sector generates compared to, say, the fishing industry (which has also been screwed over despite the false promises).

The only reason this is not dominating the news and at the front of people’s mind is the pandemic, but as that, hopefully, abates there will be a realisation that Johnson’s ‘oven ready’ deal is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh. I understand fully the huge impact on an already shredded economy. The only compensation for the likes of us workers is that the rich robbing b*****ds lose millions. 

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

NI is effectively now part of ROI, both in EU & closer than ever.
I for one welcome this very significant move towards a united Ireland, magnificently orchestrated by the Conservative & Unionist party

I don't particularly care one way or the other about reunification, but it's surely massively anti-democratic that the majority have voted to stay in the UK but are being reunited anyway? 

It is hilarious that the Tories and unionist have done it though. 

I don't particularly care one way or the other about reunification, but it's surely massively anti-democratic that the majority have voted to stay in the UK but are being reunited anyway? 
Yeh, but the majority in NI also voted to stay in the EU

38 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Yeh, but the majority in NI also voted to stay in the EU

That's a fair point.