Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

19 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

ETA the obvious outcome of this will be lorries parking up on normal roads all over Kent to avoid paying it and making residents lives an absolute misery. Inject it into my veins.

I read that they are already doing that and getting clamped for illegal parking in many cases.

Edited by cyderspaceman

14 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Absolutely nothing there to back your claim that:

Trucks are taking days to clear customs in Dover

Clearing customs in Dover would apply to trucks coming in to the UK. As far as I know, the UK is pretty much waving stuff through into the country at the moment and will gradually apply stricter measures from April.

Edited by bendan

Can't say that I have much sympathy for Scottish fishermen complaining that they can't reliably transport their live produce to the continental market. Regardless of whether they're of the gammon variety of fishermen or not, it's a ridiculous and environmentally ruinous business model to operate. 

Time for them to pivot towards local markets and frozen production instead and if that means that they're not getting top Paris prices anymore then that's just tough. If fewer of them are trawling the seabed for a while then all the better for stocks as well.

Can't say that I have much sympathy for Scottish fishermen complaining that they can't reliably transport their live produce to the continental market. Regardless of whether they're of the gammon variety of fishermen or not, it's a ridiculous and environmentally ruinous business model to operate. 
Time for them to pivot towards local markets and frozen production instead and if that means that they're not getting top Paris prices anymore then that's just tough. If fewer of them are trawling the seabed for a while then all the better for stocks as well.
I know it's from 5 years ago but here's an interesting article talking about the low demand in the Scottish fish market for the types of fish supplied - but also a discussion about what should be done to increase that demand.

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/supply-trade/a-seafood-export-dilemma-in-scotland

My fishbox deliveries often have unusual species in them you'd only see in really well regarded fishmongers like Wilsons in Glasgow, it's great. Everyone should get a fishbox.
https://www.fishbox.co.uk/
How you set yours up? Shellfish/live sounds class as do various other options tbh but dount if I'd get a lot for my money

6 hours ago, bendan said:

Absolutely nothing there to back your claim that:

Clearing customs in Dover would apply to trucks coming in to the UK. As far as I know, the UK is pretty much waving stuff through into the country at the moment and will gradually apply stricter measures from April.

I didn't reply to a post about trucks coming in to Dover, bud.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
17 minutes ago, coprolite said:
It’s on my bbc. Trucks driving around isn’t a hugely attention grabbing stunt. 

Dump the rotten fish....at the palace door...that will get the attention

I was wondering whether they’re just waiting for an audience before they open the doors and start unloading. 

blocking the roads with a few tonnes of prawns and mackerel would certainly make for some good pictures