Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That pretty much already happens. London is full of African cleaners and South American restaurant workers. You also have the garment slavery in Leicester, human trafficking in refuse and recycling, more human trafficking in nail bars and car washes, loads of undocumented workers in slaughterhouses and the guys who sleep in the backrooms of Indian restaurants. 

Oh that reminded me tbf, used to go here sometimes with my family:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/13236864.diner-had-4-illegal-workers/

Think another takeaway near to it got fined for similar but didn't have to close down - yeah, seems like it's depressingly frequent.

Also fairly sure a terrified young Vietnamese girl was walking the streets in Helensburgh a few months back and got taken in by the police, had been trafficked into the country.

28 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Oh that reminded me tbf, used to go here sometimes with my family:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/13236864.diner-had-4-illegal-workers/

Think another takeaway near to it got fined for similar but didn't have to close down - yeah, seems like it's depressingly frequent.

Also fairly sure a terrified young Vietnamese girl was walking the streets in Helensburgh a few months back and got taken in by the police, had been trafficked into the country.

Trying to gauge the odds on whether the 'illegal' workers get to keep the money they've earned. 

If it's anything like the way the state treat sex workers for example then likely not!

Sort of have a horrible feeling that what might happen - purely a hot take I should add - will be something similar to the Middle East where more easily exploited workers from, say, Bangladesh are invited in... for low level wageslave work. Not exactly what Brexit was all abart wif British jobs for British people innit, but then the Mail would probably get right behind using and abusing foreigners as long as it helps boost the value of cunty hotel groups in the City.
There's that Hong Kong residency stuff rumbling on too.
They'll just make the British people that do have these jobs work 60hr weeks because they'll no longer be protected by EU regulations.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:
They'll just make the British people that do have these jobs work 60hr weeks because they'll no longer be protected by EU regulations.

Anyone in those sorts of jobs has already signed away their rights to that.

Yes, I somehow doubt the people working in nail bars and takeaways are currently being protected by the EU working time directive.

Ha ha, stupid naïve fleg waving arseholes who nobody gives a shit about.[mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] and his staunchness been sorely let down. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55666666

Lol x1000 at those dinosaur-denying creationist bigots. Plenty more of this please [emoji23]

The DUP bigots realising they've been shafted is superb, they must genuinely have thought Westminster gave a single f**k about them
This is a point that is absolutely confusing. And tbf, one that confuses me with the type of voter defecting to tory. Do they really not think they are ultimately destined to be the victims?

Quick Question. Scotland becomes independent in the EU.  How will this help food imports and exports to the EU that go through Dover? Surely they'll have to go through customs at Gretna and Dover.

Edited by thisal

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ha ha, stupid naïve fleg waving arseholes who nobody gives a shit about.@Jacksgranda and his staunchness been sorely let down. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55666666

That’s an untypical ‘no holds barred’ bit of reporting from the BBC.  This is what happens when politics is driven by misplaced ideology rather than pragmatism.

They deserve what they get as to the bigots who vote for them.  The others in NI don’t.

18 minutes ago, thisal said:

Quick Question. Scotland becomes independent in the EU.  How will this help food imports and exports to the EU that go through Dover? Surely they'll have to go through customs at Gretna and Dover.

I'd imagine that Rosyth will get an upgrade. Anything going through Gretna will be for England and Wales only.

24 minutes ago, thisal said:

I guess they just go around england and Wales, like this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55682597

In much the same way that non EU imports will no bypass the EU to avoid double tarrifs. 

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'd imagine that Rosyth will get an upgrade. Anything going through Gretna will be for England and Wales only.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I guess they just go around england and Wales, like this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55682597

In much the same way that non EU imports will no bypass the EU to avoid double tarrifs. 

Makes sense Should the Scottish not be investing in Rosyth now. Maybe under the guise of easing congestion at Dover.

On 15/01/2021 at 10:42, Stormzy said:

Probably an upgrade those who want that for his children.

That would be sick. They should be made to watch (WRK's machete upgrade version). It will be a powerful deterrent and is the only language these people understand.