Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Rather twisted view from a usually sensible poster.

He's got a point though, GD. I would be a bit more diplomatic and say that the older generation don't feel able to contribute to change which will benefit entire future generations, and so concentrate on being able to look after their own descendants. This drives then into the arms of a party which the Mail and Express assure them will not steal their assets through taxation.

I accept that on aggregate older people have more selfish and reactionary views.

Once again, just don’t talk about old folk as if they’re a homogeneous group.

Ending 48 hour working week cap, changes to rules around rest breaks at work (no more detail than this in the article), not including overtime pay when calculating holiday pay entitlements and removing the requirement to log and report working hours.
As someone who just puts the same thing into my activity logging thing at work every day regardless of what I actually do, I don't think the last one is that big a deal. The rest can f**k off.

The last one is a big deal when you're looking at drivers. I don't fancy the M1 or A1 when the poor beggars behind the wheels of all those artics are having to drive ten or twelve hours at a time or lose their jobs.

I know I'm risking the ire of certain posters when I say this, but I'd really, really, really love to see Jacob Rees-Mogg take a proper right hand to his smug coupon. Not a Prescott-style jab; a proper Tyson career-ender. The kind where you can see their soul briefly leave their body on the way down.
Unfortunately, it'd probably just make people feel sorry for the c**t.
Fùck certain posters. The only way I could improve your idea is to put a machete in that right hand.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I know I'm risking the ire of certain posters when I say this, but I'd really, really, really love to see Jacob Rees-Mogg take a proper right hand to his smug coupon. Not a Prescott-style jab; a proper Tyson career-ender. The kind where you can see their soul briefly leave their body on the way down.

Probably an upgrade those who want that for his children.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Fùck certain posters. The only way I could improve your idea is to put a machete in that right hand.

^^^^ This

18 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

People might feel really sorry for him then.

Possibly.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The geriatrics are feisty this morning

I think you get to a certain age and really regret not murdering a whole lot of people in your youth.

Be warned, children; start the killing now, before it's too late.

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think you get to a certain age and really regret not murdering a whole lot of people in your youth.

Be warned, children; start the killing now, before it's too late.

Equally; the older you get the less you have to lose murdering now.

Ending 48 hour working week cap, changes to rules around rest breaks at work (no more detail than this in the article), not including overtime pay when calculating holiday pay entitlements and removing the requirement to log and report working hours.
As someone who just puts the same thing into my activity logging thing at work every day regardless of what I actually do, I don't think the last one is that big a deal. The rest can f**k off.

This is the thin end of the wedge, as always. Let's not forget that.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

This is the thin end of the wedge, as always. Let's not forget that.

It's almost like this one of the main factors behind it!

Sadly the child killing enablers in England will continue to cheer through the Tory scum and will happily see their rights and lives eroded so that their masters can get richer, as long as they have a target to hate.

Another, but very important, reason in a massive and rapidly growing list of reasons to get us the f**k away from that horrible nonsense and get independence as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

More on the great exodus.

Apologies if I’ve posted this previously.

In 2016 me and Mrs Granny had a long weekend in London, hadn’t been there in almost 20 years.

It was obvious that London was heavily dependent upon non-British, mainly European, workers.  The hotels, restaurants, underground, theatres, etc.  We went to Wembley to see Billy Joel and just about everyone staffing the place were from outwith the U.K.

IMO London will suffer greatly from EU workers leaving and not being replaced.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Apologies if I’ve posted this previously.

In 2016 me and Mrs Granny had a long weekend in London, hadn’t been there in almost 20 years.

It was obvious that London was heavily dependent upon non-British, mainly European, workers.  The hotels, restaurants, underground, theatres, etc.  We went to Wembley to see Billy Joel and just about everyone staffing the place were from outwith the U.K.

IMO London will suffer greatly from EU workers leaving and not being replaced.

Sort of have a horrible feeling that what might happen - purely a hot take I should add - will be something similar to the Middle East where more easily exploited workers from, say, Bangladesh are invited in... for low level wageslave work. Not exactly what Brexit was all abart wif British jobs for British people innit, but then the Mail would probably get right behind using and abusing foreigners as long as it helps boost the value of cunty hotel groups in the City.

There's that Hong Kong residency stuff rumbling on too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Sort of have a horrible feeling that what might happen - purely a hot take I should add - will be something similar to the Middle East where more easily exploited workers from, say, Bangladesh are invited in... for low level wageslave work. Not exactly what Brexit was all abart wif British jobs for British people innit, but then the Mail would probably get right behind using and abusing foreigners as long as it helps boost the value of cunty hotel groups in the City.

There's that Hong Kong residency stuff rumbling on too.

I would have thought stopping workers from Bangladesh (and others of a similar skin hue) is EXACTLY what Brexit was about in the mind of many.  After all leaving the EU is definitely going to “stop the fucking Mussies”.

Whilst not in favour of exploitation there would be something ironically hilarious about Brexit leading to an influx of Asian workers.

You can get langoustines quite easily in the frozen section but they're all very small and a bit bashed up, the premium stuff goes overseas for sure.
The ones here are superb. I posted pictures in the summer on the nom, nom, nom thread, reattached. Once restrictions lift if anyone is ever out for a run to the Ayrshire coast, these make a fine wee Saturday night treat especially on a nice summer night.tapatalk_1610736330828.jpeg

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Do you have a job/project code for P&B?

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Sort of have a horrible feeling that what might happen - purely a hot take I should add - will be something similar to the Middle East where more easily exploited workers from, say, Bangladesh are invited in... for low level wageslave work.

That pretty much already happens. London is full of African cleaners and South American restaurant workers. You also have the garment slavery in Leicester, human trafficking in refuse and recycling, more human trafficking in nail bars and car washes, loads of undocumented workers in slaughterhouses and the guys who sleep in the backrooms of Indian restaurants.