Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

They're in net bags with a label, which may/may not have a use by date on them. People won't buy stuff past it's use by date.  That's not a legal issue.

Absolute nonsense, apart from the bit about net bags.

Firstly, it is a legal issue. It's been illegal to sell food past it's "use by" date for years. Here's a link to details of the most recent (English) appeal case I'm aware of.

Secondly, page 14 of this UK Govt. guidance sets out a decision tree for food packers to use to determine what type of date marking to apply. If you look at it, you will note that non-pre cut fresh fruit should have a "best before" mark, not "use-by". A packer is not going to put the more restrictive "use by" mark on anything unless he has to. 

Finally, here's a link to some proof that "best before" and "sell by" are about quality, not safety.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

UK ‘rejected offer’ of visa-free tours by musicians in EU, despite blaming Brussels for permit blow

‘Standard’ proposal to exempt performers for 90 days was proposed, but ‘the UK said no’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-visa-free-work-musicians-eu-brexit-b1784600.html

“The UK refused to agree because they said they were ending freedom of movement. It is untrue to say they asked for something more ambitious,” the source said, adding “there has to be reciprocity”.

I must say two pages of thrown out oranges has me wondering how much legs this thread has.

Someone may as well start their "when will BrexitRef 2 happen" thread and we can perennially debate it over there. 

8 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I must say two pages of thrown out oranges has me wondering how much legs this thread has.

Someone may as well start their "when will BrexitRef 2 happen" thread and we can perennially debate it over there. 

clear evidence, if any more was needed, that Brexit has been a great success with no hiccups, a smooth transition for trade and business, and we as individuals will be reaping the rewards of  isolationism imminently. Hurrah for Boris, Farage, Reese Mogg, their hedge fund managers and everyone else who was involved in this altruistic exercise. 

38 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

clear evidence, if any more was needed, that Brexit has been a great success with no hiccups, a smooth transition for trade and business, and we as individuals will be reaping the rewards of  isolationism imminently. Hurrah for Boris, Farage, Reese Mogg, their hedge fund managers and everyone else who was involved in this altruistic exercise. 

I've not once sung the praises, just questioned the doomsday apocalypse preppers and how much of these no deal/disaster type posters were wishfully thinking as opposed to being pragmatic and reasonable.

Good to see you're optimistic though. 

Forwards onto Canzuk! 

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

No-one is forcing you to read it or participate in it.

Of course, I'm not complaining.

I've not once sung the praises, just questioned the doomsday apocalypse preppers and how much of these no deal/disaster type posters were wishfully thinking as opposed to being pragmatic and reasonable.
Good to see you're optimistic though. 
Forwards onto Canzuk! 
Same doomsday predictions thrown by unionists and state media back in 2014.
The sun would have rose, it would all have been fine and Scotland would be able to make all its decisions

5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

This thread has got plenty of legs. The whole issue with Brexit is that we wouldn't really see the extent of its impact on life until we are through the leaving process and into day to day life. Nothing in these early stages suggests it'll be anything other than a clusterfuck. Still, getting Muslims out of Barnsley* will make it worthwhile for some in Yorkshire.

*Brexit won't materially change the Muslim demographic in Barnsley - which will disappoint local racist old c***s. 

16 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's a one off use to deal with a specific issue with sugar beets this year only I thought? They're still planning to phase it out.

I had no idea it was temporary in fairness, but in my experience the temporary solutions can end up permanent through lack of energy, money or will to find alternatives. I don't really feel like giving the UK the benefit of the doubt considering the rates of which bees keep dropping. I don't really think it's a thread we should be pulling.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Same doomsday predictions thrown by unionists and state media back in 2014.
The sun would have rose, it would all have been fine and Scotland would be able to make all its decisions

This is absolutely true, but it does make you wonder why a lot of supporters of independence have indulged in the whole Armageddon story over Brexit when the reality was never going to be like that.

13 minutes ago, HTG said:

This thread has got plenty of legs. The whole issue with Brexit is that we wouldn't really see the extent of its impact on life until we are through the leaving process and into day to day life. Nothing in these early stages suggests it'll be anything other than a clusterfuck. Still, getting Muslims out of Barnsley* will make it worthwhile for some in Yorkshire.

*Brexit won't materially change the Muslim demographic in Barnsley - which will disappoint local racist old c***s. 

I don't like oranges that much tbf.