Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 31/12/2020 at 02:34, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.

The relationship between Scotland and Europe - especially France - was changed by the Reformation.

You will probably prove me wrong but not even you can be daft enough to deny this.

You do realise that Scotland’s refusal to follow England’s lead - pressed for by Anglophile BritNat Charles I - led to a war which killed a higher proportion of the population than did the First World War. But aye, everything was hunky dory in the racist, Europhobic, BritNat reading of history, in which Scotland turned its back on the Frogs during the Reformation and began a smooth march towards political subservience.

42 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Every story I read like this I don't know whether to have sympathy or not. I bet a majority of villagers here voted for brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/01/residents-furious-brexit-lorry-park-kent-village

Dover voted 62.2% in favour of leave, so f**k the NIMBY c***s.

37 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Every story I read like this I don't know whether to have sympathy or not. I bet a majority of villagers here voted for brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/01/residents-furious-brexit-lorry-park-kent-village

Having lived in Kent during the time when Maidstone United were looking for a site for a new ground, and seen the constant demonisation of football fans by the residents of nice wee villages, they can all go f**k themselves. Hope the whole county gets tarmac'd. And that's before you get on to the racist outrage that Britain would have a tunnel directly linking us to France - TO THE FRENCH! It's alright for you Scots, you're miles away - we'll have to put up with them!

They absolutely voted to leave the EU, and they completely deserve the consequences.

22 hours ago, Jedi said:

What are the Daily Mail, Express and Sun et al going to put on their front pages now? after 30 odd years of anti-EU invective....back to mindless celebrity news or how wonderful the royal family is I suppose, as well as how dreadful Starmer is.

They'll carry on as normal; everything will still be the fault of the EU. Non-stop stories about Britain being held back as the realities of the trade deal become more obvious, and the obstructive foreigners who won't just let us do as we jolly well like because who won the bloody war anyway. It'll be interesting to see if Boris gets the blame, or if he's cast as the poor beleaguered Prime Minister who was up against insurmountable odds. Basically more Churchill comparisons.

You can expect to see agitation to welch on what we've agreed to and start a trade war.

I'm surprised these majority leave-voting areas aren't delighted to be doing their bit as good old Blighty departs the evil bureaucracy of the EU. Wee shame.

Also worth bearing in mind that, if there was some way to offload all of the negative consequences of Brexit on to, say, their downmarket neighbours in Essex, Kentish folk would do it in a heartbeat and laugh at their misfortune, with not a single f**k given.

The absolute home of NIMBYism, and the parliamentary home of Ann Widdecombe. f**k them, before they f**k you.

Unsure why you'd have any sympathy tbh. Areas like Dover are anti EU xenophobic shite holes!
GIRFUT

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

They need to try to get patriotic about taking their freedom back:

”There’s exhaust fumes over the white cliffs of Dover...”

14 hours ago, TonyHendrix said:

As far as I know,the potatoes are from Spain.

Another wee heads up,buying items from EBay will be dearer if bought from E.U. Countries.

Add 20% VAT.

VAT will be charged at 20% until April 1st 2022.

Just found out that Post Office costs will be charge on average £12.00.

Can't believe that at all.  There are sufficient ware tatties in Fife with no need to import from Spain 9we export some seed to Spain and as a result usually have a surplus of ware left over once dressed

14 hours ago, TonyHendrix said:

As far as I know,the potatoes are from Spain.

Another wee heads up,buying items from EBay will be dearer if bought from E.U. Countries.

Add 20% VAT.

VAT will be charged at 20% until April 1st 2022.

Just found out that Post Office costs will be charge on average £12.00.

VAT should already be charged on EU purchases unless the buyer can provide a VAT registration number.  There is no reason why eBay purchases would not have already had VAT included other than the sellers breaking the law.

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hopefully there will be effective alternative media sources that get the reality of what's happening through to the plebs in the years ahead rather than the usual tabloid drivel. Too bad this Australian youtube channel doesn't do Scottish/British politics:

Just watched their back catalogue. Fucking brilliant 

3 hours ago, strichener said:

VAT should already be charged on EU purchases unless the buyer can provide a VAT registration number.  There is no reason why eBay purchases would not have already had VAT included other than the sellers breaking the law.

Local VAT would have been payable when we were part of the EU, but would that apply now if the goods were being supplied to a location outside the EU? I'd have thought import VAT would be payable on entry to the UK.

11 minutes ago, bendan said:

Local VAT would have been payable when we were part of the EU, but would that apply now if the goods were being supplied to a location outside the EU? I'd have thought import VAT would be payable on entry to the UK.

The point raised was about buying from eBay.  The UK consumer should notice no difference as a result of Brexit as VAT should have been charged previously.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

The point raised was about buying from eBay.  The UK consumer should notice no difference as a result of Brexit as VAT should have been charged previously.

Sorry, I hadn't realised ebay were going to be handling the VAT on small orders. As you say, VAT was payable before and it's payable now.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

Sorry, not getting this. Before we'd pay the vat at the EU country of origin, will that now have to be deducted and the UK rate added? 

Edited by welshbairn