Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

According to the Daily Express front page, the RAF will fly the papers from Brussels.
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

RAF flying the Queens plane no less. Could it get any more pathetic? Maybe get the papers strapped onto a brown person and fired into the house of commons from a HMS Victory cannon to get the maximum gammon horniness.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

RAF flying the Queens plane no less. Could it get any more pathetic? Maybe get the papers strapped onto a brown person and fired into the house of commons from a HMS Victory cannon to get the maximum gammon horniness.

Hopefully the plane gets taken out over London

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/960x540/p07vsjbm.jpg

Watching a bit of the debate on Sky News. Regardless of what one thinks of Blackford his questions are always in Scotland's interests re. Clarification and pointing out hypocrisy.
However the contempt, ridicule and distain BJ and his cronies exhibit is palpable. We really are seen by our overlords as a wee colony that should know it's place.

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for folk like this. They were absolutely lied to by the charlatans in power.

But then I remember that we were all lied to, and everyone who wasn't a raging simpleton was able to do a bit of research and see that they were lies.

f**k him.

i have zero sympathy,

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

According to the Daily Express front page, the RAF will fly the papers from Brussels.
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

For all the shite the sun & daily mail gets {and rightfully so} the express seems to skate past without most people noticing the Rule Britannia bullshit they churn out on a daily basis, worst rag out there imo, front and back pages are made up shite.

2 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

For all the shite the sun & daily mail gets {and rightfully so} the express seems to skate past without most people noticing the Rule Britannia bullshit they churn out on a daily basis, worst rag out there imo, front and back pages are made up shite.

On a positive note, the demographic reach of these rags is diminishing rapidly.

My kids are in their 20s and never buy or read newspapers. When I buy one at the supermarket (very rarely nowadays) the only other people buying them are always older than me.

Not saying that there is not a downside to this, but when you look at the mountains of garbage papers normally consist of, it's quite encouraging in a way.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Why don't they just use modern technology like netscape communicator and mozilla mail to send it over

Because then they wouldn't be able to make a big show of it.

Also they almost certainly will have done that as well anyway.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I liked this bit.

Mike Sharp, the owner of two Brixham beam trawlers, took part in the Fishing for Leave protest on the Thames in London during the EU referendum campaign.

Four years on, he is furious at the EU deal. “I’m hoping the deal gets voted out by parliament. I doubt it. Boris came to Brixham and promised us everything. He’s used fishing as a lever to get whatever he wants. Fishing’s not important to them. I have a fish merchant friend who calls two-faced people kippers. Boris is a kipper.”

f**k him. 

Funny how some opine while they fix up their second hand twenty year old ex-Belgian and Diutch fishing boats that they're not able to bring in any more fish anyway. 

While the European fishermen will be sailing they're shiny new vessels right up to the 6 mile limit of Britain's coastline. 

Funny they never realised lack of government support was the real death knell for the UK fishing industry rather than EU Legislation including the CFP.

f**k them ha ha!

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

The ERG mobsters are voting for the deal.....maybe something to do with not being in the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive........maybe?

The tax thing is a complete red herring. The UK already has all the rules it needs to comply with it. The UK and Germany were the driving force behind the BEPS project at the OECD, which is where the EU rules come from. The UK committed to BEPS and is still in the OECD. 

Otherwise, it would have been a logical motivation to leave. As it is, the only logical motivation is xenophobia. 

The debate is pathetic...Johnson constantly looking down at notes (who knows), being shifty, and his usual, 'er, ar, ah, er'. He refuses to answer any points bout 80% of the UK trade with the EU being in services, and losing the financial passporting rights, just replies with 'er ah er levelling up' (obviously he has moved from a three word to two word phrase he has to stick to).

Still, those offshore accounts should be safe.

Incidentally the EU DID go after tax evasion from the likes of Amazon and Starbucks, as well as large Belgian breweries. Singapore on the Thames doesnt have to bother about that sort of nonsense now though, and a few deals with American pharma should open up the NHS nicely.

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The tax thing is a complete red herring. The UK already has all the rules it needs to comply with it. The UK and Germany were the driving force behind the BEPS project at the OECD, which is where the EU rules come from. The UK committed to BEPS and is still in the OECD. 

Otherwise, it would have been a logical motivation to leave. As it is, the only logical motivation is xenophobia. 

https://wearetheenglish.com/i-want-my-country-back-england-badge---blue-20333-p.asp

11 hours ago, tbsouth said:

The ERG mobsters are voting for the deal.....maybe something to do with not being in the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive........maybe?

The moment that was extended to offshore trusts it was time for a large portion of the UK elite to hit the eject button lest they have to start paying their fair share of tax for a change. The timeline of what unfolded on David Cameron's referendum lines up very closely with what was happening in Brussels on that. Half arsed job on the Remain campaign from the governing Tories, morons like the eel guy on twitter from Gloucester, Peter Reid the trawler fae Peterheid or whatever he was called (Jimmy Buchan?) and Sammy Wilson and Ian Paisley Jr from the DUP swayed with a bit of jingoism and union Jack waving from the tabloids and Nigel Farage et voila...