Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

So officially a banana republic. 
Mark my words, forget trade or the already significant damage to the economy or value of the pound, forget all that, they’ve only just begun this shite, employment terms and human rights will be the first things they go for.. ‘oh we need to cut annual leave in half to pay for covid...’ etc etc. Jacob Mogg and Boris the Fucktrumpet won’t be happy until we are putting the poor back in work houses. 
If anything this will strengthen the calls for Scottish indy, no hard border etc etc. It’s all good. 

48 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So the fishermen have been fucked
When will we hear from Ruthie?

Presumably when she and her cohorts are demanding that Sturgeon finds the money from the unspent gazillions that rich London has doled out to compensate the poor fisherpersons.

Or perhaps they should be encouraged to downsize. I can imagine a trawler tax for a nett gain.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw a snippet of the news before I came out.  The Sun apparently trying to portray this as a huge victory; who’d have thunk?

No doubt the same for the Express, Mail and Telegraph.

I'll base my judgement on what's reported in the Times, FT and Guardian ...

and P&B, of course. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Mark my words, forget trade or the already significant damage to the economy or value of the pound, forget all that, they’ve only just begun this shite, employment terms and human rights will be the first things they go for.. ‘oh we need to cut annual leave in half to pay for covid...’ etc etc. Jacob Mogg and Boris the Fucktrumpet won’t be happy until we are putting the poor back in work houses. 
If anything this will strengthen the calls for Scottish indy, no hard border etc etc. It’s all good. 

Oven ready Scottish independence.

Once we gets the clowns like @Stormzy into the oven we’ll be done.

I see this 'deal' a bit like Celtic winning last season's Scottish Cup on Sunday. The media will salivate over this 'historic victory' and proclaim that Boris/Lenny has silenced their critics but even a sizeable element of their own support will see it as a pyrrhic victory. And neither man will be in the gig this time next year.

You could say the UK had some genuine wins in terms of rules around level playing fields, state aid and removing itself from EU legal jurisdiction.

All of which the Tories will use to absolutely gut what is left of workers rights and pick their winners.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The UK already has more annual leave than the EU sets as a minimum.  Why have they not already cut this?

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

The UK already has more annual leave than the EU sets as a minimum.  Why have they not already cut this?

I don't think that's true. They had to up it a few years back to be legal in the EU. My last employer hadn't updated their paid holidays for a few years and I kicked up a fuss and got everyone backpay in lieu.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, renton said:

You could say the UK had some genuine wins in terms of rules around level playing fields, state aid and removing itself from EU legal jurisdiction.

All of which the Tories will use to absolutely gut what is left of workers rights and pick their winners.

Definitely Tory opportunity to f**k over UK workers.

Even with the level playing field there is no guarantee the EU would care about cuts to workers rights. For example scrapping the Working Time Directive, what would the EU target with tarriffs?

Level Playing Field is going to be used for stopping direct state aid and maybe some environmental protections. As long as the goods arrive in the condition the EU expects they don;t give a f**k about the people who make them.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think that's true. They had to up it a few years back to be legal in the EU. My last employer hadn't updated their paid holidays for a few years and I kicked up a fuss and got everyone backpay in lieu.

At the risk of @John Lambies Doos using it against me later.  It is true, the EU working time provides for 4 weeks paid annual leave.

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The skipper of the boat that Farage was on during the campaign

🤣🤣girfuy

In 5 years they get a 25% rise in fish stocks in exchange for agreeing to all other EU rules about fishing including keeping the current quota system.

Then further annual negotiations of the allowed catch so the fishermen don't wipe out the fish.

So "independent coastal state" willingly agreeing to all the EU rules.