Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
If you read any of the English local/regional papers online you get often the views of Tory backbencher, they are right behind Brexit.  I wonder how quickly that will change with No Deal.

No Deal is merely the most rancid end of the spectrum, there is NO form of Brexit which will be anything other than adverse.

Yeah, totally agree but it will be the one that can be used best to expose the ‘“oven ready deal” and the rest of the nonsense.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If you read any of the English local/regional papers online you get often the views of Tory backbencher, they are right behind Brexit.  I wonder how quickly that will change with No Deal.

I predict the most common expression next year will be "This isn't the Brexit that I voted for".

None of these spineless people will break rank until their voters turn against the idea first.  Not sure when that will happen.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Farmers subsidy payments to stop (phased) after Brexit, wow never saw that coming. Salty tears running down BMW and Mercedes 4x4s the length and breadth of the country incoming.

No, no, no, you're getting it all wrong, this is just one of the opportunities Brexit is bringing us.

37 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
Farmers subsidy payments to stop (phased) after Brexit, wow never saw that coming. Salty tears running down BMW and Mercedes 4x4s the length and breadth of the country incoming.

So basically the Fermers and the fishermen are going to get screwed.. Who would have thought it...

😄😄😄stupid bumpkins

I don’t usually click on the Daily Mail links but there’s one about Brits with holiday homes now being restricted to the amount of time they can visit and being “furious”.

What’s worse (better really) is that the restrictions are far more onerous than the Mail has outlined.

There will be many folk who will only understand the implications when they come into effect.

SAD!!!

5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

You would like to think even the Tories would understand the food security resilience need for a replacement subsidy, and that there is an opportunity to replace it with a more effective system (payments to farmers not landowners). But I reckon this lot will let the Efficient Market sort it out.

Hope you all like oats and turnips...

Did Gove not already announce a replacement scheme that is dependent on maintaining hedgerows and wild flowers?

The EU scheme is a farce. Food security can be guaranteed by zoning laws and getting rid of subsidies might kill off all the kid on crofters (like Blackford), artisan organic producers and 'farmers' that use the subsidies as capital for pony tracking, glamping, quad bikes, paintballing businesses etc. Any subsidies should be linked to producing food on a large scale. 

Edited by Detournement

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Simon Calder explaining that these are not "new" travel restrictions and apply to all non-EU residents and have done for years.

Just come on to post the same thing (but as a screenshot as I’m not on Twitter).

The Daily Heil and it’s readers wanted Brexit but without the, ehm, effects of Brexit.  Damn shame.

ETA - I think like the Mail that the Guardian may have this wrong too, it’s not as simple as 90 days away then 90 days home.  I’ve had this explained to me in detail in the last week by someone whose job it is to know this stuff.  There’s also a calculator.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t usually click on the Daily Mail links but there’s one about Brits with holiday homes now being restricted to the amount of time they can visit and being “furious”.

What’s worse (better really) is that the restrictions are far more onerous than the Mail has outlined.

There will be many folk who will only understand the implications when they come into effect.

SAD!!!

Not really a cause for celebration. Not unless they have to f**k off to Australia for the rest of the year.

SAD!!!

Anyone with a house in an EU country that wasn't aware of the rolling 180 days rule literally years ago is 100% at it. Those have been the regs for non EU 2and home owners for yonks.

It will also impact the so called "swallows" that flock to hotels and apartments in Spain for winter on cheap long stay deals offered by hoteliers. If they stay longer than 90 days they will now need a visa so will curtail that business a fair bit I would imagine.