Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Japanese deal sounds ok. Covers some areas that the EU japan deal doesn't.  

So we're ok for trading with ivory coast and Japan on a very slightly more open basis. 

Unfortunately the FDI that is our biggest economic interaction with Japan depends entirely on a deal with the EU. 

Still, big result for Stilton. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Japanese deal sounds ok. Covers some areas that the EU japan deal doesn't.  

So we're ok for trading with ivory coast and Japan on a very slightly more open basis. 

Unfortunately the FDI that is our biggest economic interaction with Japan depends entirely on a deal with the EU. 

Still, big result for Stilton. 

Stilton is decent but gorgonzola is the superior blue cheese. With Japan's deal with the EU in place I see no reason for them to cave to the UK's mouldy demands.

23 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, whatever happens the Daily Mail and/or Express will have a headline with some sort of “Victory over Europe Day” pish on it, and Laura Kuenssberg will tweet something about govt sources saying what a brilliant job they’ve done.

Followed by 'Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated'

6 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Actually a proper almost liquid gorgonzola beats Roquefort, you're right.

Who's yer, who's yer who's yer fvkkin' daddy!

Cabrales from the Picos de Europa in northern Spain is the shit!  (it is sometimes known as the 'Devils Shit").

It appears that 'free thinker' Will Self agrees with me!

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/news/a885/the-long-read-esquire-eats-cheese/

Yours, stinkin' the fridge oot!

aDONis

On 22/10/2020 at 16:35, Granny Danger said:

I think they do care.  It is important for the EU that the U.K. suffers and is seen to be suffering.  The first is inevitable but the second has importance in acting as a warning shot to other potential leavers.

I don't think the EU has acted like it want's the UK to suffer, the WM govt on the other hand does.  

I think they do care.  It is important for the EU that the U.K. suffers and is seen to be suffering.  The first is inevitable but the second has importance in acting as a warning shot to other potential leavers.

The immediate threat to this government is internal politics

The government’s bare minimum is to be able to present this to the Conservative party at large (and it’s press) as a victory

If everyone else sees this as a defeat, and chances are we will, that’s an issue for later.

18 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Who's yer, who's yer who's yer fvkkin' daddy!

Cabrales from the Picos de Europa in northern Spain is the shit!  (it is sometimes known as the 'Devils Shit").

It appears that 'free thinker' Will Self agrees with me!

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/news/a885/the-long-read-esquire-eats-cheese/

Yours, stinkin' the fridge oot!

aDONis

They make croquetas from it in Asturias and they are sublime. I always try to get some from the deli counter if I'm ever in a Spanish supermarket and I have a fridge (and two tupperware!) to put it in