Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Hard border with Kent confirmed

Was just coming on to post the same.  If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious.

Listening to one of the road haulier organisation’s spokespersons today on radio having a go at the U.K. government for trying to scapegoat the hauliers for the government’s failings.  This will get dirtier the closer it comes to January.

The Tories will not escape the political fallout of a No Deal Brexit, but those driving it will have made their money and be gone by the next GE.

I used to think the U.K. electorate as a whole could not be as stupid or naive as their U.S. counterparts but I’m not so sure now.

14 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's going to be glorious. Country's going to be on its knees by the 2nd of January.

Hope our wise Government and industrial partners have been busy building Scotland's shipping infrastructure during the transition period.

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

They have anyway in anticipation of getting oil & gas decommissioning work, but there's been some work more generally to suggest in a hard brexit scenario places like Hull, Grimsby, Hartlepool could end up getting a fair whack more development too. I'm still not rushing to cash in on some grotty terraces round any of those mind.

The late lamented Grimbo spent some of our hard earned cash making the wiring legal in some slum he rented out down there, could be a bargain to snap up.

It's going to be glorious. Country's going to be on its knees by the 2nd of January.
I agree. When even a hard-hitting expose of the staggering levels of London-based corruption and money-laundering raises not a ripple, then it will take something quite dramatic to jolt the masses out of their collective supine stupor. Brexit-related food shortages should be a good start - when the good people of Boston in Lincs can't get chorizo and Valpolicella then all hell will break loose. We await with interest.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Was just coming on to post the same.  If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious.

Listening to one of the road haulier organisation’s spokespersons today on radio having a go at the U.K. government for trying to scapegoat the hauliers for the government’s failings.  This will get dirtier the closer it comes to January.

The Tories will not escape the political fallout of a No Deal Brexit, but those driving it will have made their money and be gone by the next GE.

I used to think the U.K. electorate as a whole could not be as stupid or naive as their U.S. counterparts but I’m not so sure now.

I suspect that they will. 

The majority of Gammons who support a hard Brexit will barely notice the real negative impact. OK, the price of their weekly shop will increase but in the main these are not people who travel extensively, or own companies that trade with the EU, or care in the slightest about a progressive UK in Europe.

They'll continue to vote for the party that promises to clamp down hardest on immigration and uses the most populist slogans. That will always be the Tories.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I suspect that they will. 

The majority of Gammons who support a hard Brexit will barely notice the real negative impact. OK, the price of their weekly shop will increase but in the main these are not people who travel extensively, or own companies that trade with the EU, or care in the slightest about a progressive UK in Europe.

They'll continue to vote for the party that promises to clamp down hardest on immigration and uses the most populist slogans. That will always be the Tories.

I beg to differ.  There will be a point where the economic effects of Brexit will affect their lives.  That’s if their children/grandchildren don’t murder them for their selfish indifference.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Goodness me, if the proletariat are stockpiling toilet roll in the face of modest restrictions in our habits, just imagine the panic buying at the back end of this year!

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

So Kent is now the 19th arrondissement of France ?

Pretty cool.

It's actually the 102nd departement of France, or 21st (I believe) arrondissement of Paris, but I knew what you meant and gave you a greeny anyway.

Yours,

Monsieur le Pedant

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I beg to differ.  There will be a point where the economic effects of Brexit will affect their lives.  That’s if their children/grandchildren don’t murder them for their selfish indifference.

I'd like to think that all that is true (especially the murder bit), but I suspect that it will take a lot to convince people that the ideology...and that's what it is....that they support is flawed.

The Tories also know that another GE is years away. The British electorate in general is not reactive....it's timid, accepting. You could blast this country back to the stone ages and many people would just shrug their shoulders and say 'ach, what can you do ?'