Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

And you’d fight tooth and nail against their leaving Scotland even it is to rejoin the UK (at some point later, when they’ve met the requirements, been accepted, etc). 

Otherwise it would be logically inconsistent and hypocritical, like much of what you post.

Nope. If you had understood my position from the get go you'd realise that it doesn't follow.

Had Scotland voted yes i'd have fully supported us leaving the union. We voted no and the SNP has spent the last 6 years driving a wedge between us and the rest of the UK. The SNP did everything in it's power to bring about this Tory Brexit as only Brexit would have given it the pretext for a second referendum i.e the so called change in material circumstance. Otherwise you'd just look like a bunch of democracy denying sore losers. Meanwhile public services have been going to shit.

2 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Nope. If you had understood my position from the get go you'd realise that it doesn't follow.

Had Scotland voted yes i'd have fully supported us leaving the union. We voted no and the SNP has spent the last 6 years driving a wedge between us and the rest of the UK. The SNP did everything in it's power to bring about this Tory Brexit as only Brexit would have given it the pretext for a second referendum i.e the so called change in material circumstance. Otherwise you'd just look like a bunch of democracy denying sore losers. Meanwhile public services have been going to shit.

Utter pish.

8 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

This is a tremendous rewrite of history.😂

Almost Malkey3esque

19 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

We voted no and the SNP has spent the last 6 years driving a wedge between us and the rest of the UK.

This is true. They have been bad losers.

The SNP did everything in it's power to bring about this Tory Brexit as only Brexit would have given it the pretext for a second referendum

This is utter bollocks -  as is the misplaced apostrophe.  I'd go as far as to say it is embarrassing to assert that the Natters tried to bring Brexit about.

The campaign for IndyRef2, though, has hee haw to do with Brexit - as we all know.  The Natters had Geo Sq awash with tears and snotters on the morning of the referendum result and have squealed like stuck pigs ever after.

Meanwhile public services have been going to shit.

Well they have been, especially education.  This is immaterial.  The role of ScotGov is not to deliver services but to deliver independence which is why there is no examination of ScotGov's record.  Instead of a critical approach to the shite that is served up by The Natters we have a 'Clap for Nikla' campaign - without a hint of embarrassment.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The campaign for IndyRef2, though, has hee haw to do with Brexit - as we all know.  The Natters had Geo Sq awash with tears and snotters on the morning of the referendum result and have squealed like stuck pigs ever after.

The leadership only care about independence at all costs. If you gave Nicola the option of independence within 5 years outside the EU she'd have bitten your hand off. The alternative was to wait a generation.

It was the ideailstic grassroots who were greeting in George Square. They've been played like a fiddle.

56 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Running the public services into the ground and blaming Westminster for lack of money.
The SNP's record has been poor on adding further ground to the 45% and the day-to-day running of the country.

28 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

The leadership only care about independence at all costs. If you gave Nicola the option of independence within 5 years outside the EU she'd have bitten your hand off. The alternative was to wait a generation.

The reality of the Natter myth is life without the largess of Dr Barnett and 15 years without membership of the EU.

You know what?  The hard-core Natter doesn't give a f**k.  For them it has nothing to do with economics or politics but all to do grievance and identity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53498374?fbclid=IwAR0dPDtmF4lTa_EbhTqkFGNtSvd8JsDGgADsGsm7-2qwolVC4DWh21EqUyQ

Brexit: NI drivers need green card to cross the border

Drivers from Northern Ireland will have to carry an insurance green card while driving across the border to the Republic of Ireland from January.

Totally in the spirit of the GFA, of course.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We voted no and the SNP has spent the last 6 years driving a wedge between us and the rest of the UK.

This is true. They have been bad losers.

The SNP did everything in it's power to bring about this Tory Brexit as only Brexit would have given it the pretext for a second referendum

This is utter bollocks -  as is the misplaced apostrophe.  I'd go as far as to say it is embarrassing to assert that the Natters tried to bring Brexit about.

Meanwhile public services have been going to shit.

Well they have been, especially education.  This is immaterial.  The role of ScotGov is not to deliver services but to deliver independence which is why there is no examination of ScotGov's record.  Instead of a critical approach to the shite that is served up by The Natters we have a 'Clap for Nikla' campaign - without a hint of embarrassment.

Interesting but hardly surprising that you fail to mention that the real story of September 15th 2014 in George Square was the violent infestation of hundreds of sectarian apologists for the British State and Monarchy and any other Unionist/Orange/Britnat/Rangers credos you care to mention.

But Natters and others who are concerned with the peaceable restoration of Scottish statehood are certainly not 'squealing like stuck pigs'.  That's because the people (or should that be Peepul ?) I refer to above are now like the Boers; with the changing demographics they know their numbers no longer stack up and the  jig may well soon be up.  You won't be able to detect it down there, but there is changed mood in Scotland these days and any kind of Brexit has concentrated many minds, including that of my wife who was a No voter in 2014  No-one is claiming the SNP or the Scottish Government is blame-free, but the alternatives don't bear thinking about.  Quite simply, there is no positive Unionist prospectus for Scotland and more and more people are realising that.

But bark away at the moon if it makes you feel better. 

Forgive me if I’m mistaken but why wouldn’t an academic report like this refer to Scotland as a region of the UK? Administratively, it is.

19 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Scotland voted to remain in the EU, contrary to the rUK (remember, you’re pretending to be pro EU?) and you aren’t arguing that it should remain. But you’ll pick random Scottish islands (I wonder why those ones?) and argue that if they vote contrary to the rest of Scotland in a referendum they should get to remain. Why, then, shouldn’t Scotland get to remain in the EU?

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Interesting but hardly surprising that you fail to mention that the real story of September 15th 2014 in George Square was the violent infestation of hundreds of sectarian apologists for the British State and Monarchy and any other Unionist/Orange/Britnat/Rangers credos you care to mention.

To be fair it was probably difficult to get a bead on the Nazi saluters and 1690 worshipping crackpots from deep amid their ranks.