Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

51 minutes ago, Paco said:

Theresa May will be voting against this agreement, of course? No Prime Minister could ever accept such a deal?

That pathetic joke couldn’t cling on to being Prime Minister though. Knifed in the back by the party she remains a slave to. Want to see the loser cry?

B8E91258-EF2C-4BEA-94FB-C7F43D310F81.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is there something in the good friday agreement that means there can be a border poll now or something?

I have no idea.  It was such an obvious lie, there was always going to have to be checks somewhere.

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is there something in the good friday agreement that means there can be a border poll now or something?

It's deliberately vague.

As part of the Good Friday Agreement, an explicit provision for holding a Northern Ireland border poll was made in UK law. The Northern Ireland Act 1998 states that “if at any time it appears likely to him that a majority of those voting would express a wish that Northern Ireland should cease to be part of the United Kingdom and form part of a united Ireland”, the Secretary of State shall make an Order in Council enabling a border poll.

It is not clear exactly what would satisfy this requirement. The Constitution Unit suggests that a consistent majority in opinion polls, a Catholic majority in a census, a nationalist majority in the Northern Ireland Assembly, or a vote by a majority in the Assembly could all be considered evidence of majority support for a united Ireland. However, the Secretary of State must ultimately decide whether the condition has been met.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/irish-reunification

Edited by welshbairn

Never mind !  UK citz will now be able to save a bundle at the shops. All the below will be reduced in price.  Mibbes...

-  Dishwashers
– Freezers
– Sanitary products
– Paints
– Mirrors
– Scissors
- Garden shears
– Padlocks
– Baking powder
- Yeast
- Bay leaves
- Ground thyme
- Cocoa powder .
– Thermostats
– LED lamps
– Bike inner tubes

Whoopee !   

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I don’t think The Herald is the worst newspaper but this is a horrific headline.
92447FFC-340C-4049-991E-3C0EB7704051.jpeg.9a73c70625e1f55088aa7f94dd0c8e6f.jpeg
The idea that the U.K. is negotiating from a position of strength is laughable.

The lights are going out all over Europe as the continentals finally face up to a future without HP Sauce.

Not sure what’s worse, the Tory MPs punting this line knowing it’s not true or the Gammons lapping it up because they genuinely believe it.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I don’t think The Herald is the worst newspaper but this is a horrific headline.
92447FFC-340C-4049-991E-3C0EB7704051.jpeg.9a73c70625e1f55088aa7f94dd0c8e6f.jpeg
The idea that the U.K. is negotiating from a position of strength is laughable.

The lights are going out all over Europe as the continentals finally face up to a future without HP Sauce.

Is HP sauce not made in the Netherlands?

Am I being whooshed?

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Is HP sauce not made in the Netherlands?

Am I being whooshed?

Not at all, you are being highly perceptive.  I was being a bit ironic; the Little Britons would not stop to consider anything other than that in their narrow vision the item is quintessentially British, in the same way that Chocolate Oranges are now made in Poland and the iconic Mini  is manufactured by a foreign company.  They'll learn soon enough.

On 01/06/2020 at 23:10, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Not at all, you are being highly perceptive.  I was being a bit ironic; the Little Britons would not stop to consider anything other than that in their narrow vision the item is quintessentially British, in the same way that Chocolate Oranges are now made in Poland and the iconic Mini  is manufactured by a foreign company.  They'll learn soon enough.

They absolutely won't though, will they? They've seen the Cummings affair play out, seen other Tories playing fast and loose with the regs, and even accepted the fucking eye-test excuse. And all they can moo bovinely is "she's no' ma leader/look at that labour cúnt going to a funeral".(delete as appropriate). All the while conveniently ignoring the facts that:

a. Cummings actually wrote the rules.

b. His wife can drive, and

c. Having a child does not, and I cannot stress this enough, make you in any way exceptional.

"But," they continually repeat, "who could have done a better job?"

Honestly? Absolutely any-fucking-body. With the possible exception of that orange cúnt across the Atlantic. I sometimes think Trump's not that much worse than Johnson - he just has a bigger canvas to smear his shite over.

Oh, and let's not forget the influence of a cúnt like Cummings over a Government elected on a promise to do away with "unelected bureaucrats". I fucking despair.