Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I was talking on social media with some mates.....decent lads, maybe no the cleverest......who were going on about how much they hate the Tories on one hand, then on the other saying how much they supported their immigration policies.

All done with no sense of self-awareness or irony.

I'm sure this is repeating itself all over the country. Working class people who would never have thought about voting Tory, nodding their heads when it comes to immigration.

There's an article in the paper this morning about the Tories deliberately adopting left-wing economics and right-wing culture policies. They think it's a sure fire way to win votes with the working class. 

Pure desperate for the Detournement vote.

15 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Fully aware that we are The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and that it will be Her Britannic Majesty's Ministers that will be negotiating terms of Scotland's separation. But the point was about where the antagonism from a forum like this is directed and from where the payback will come.

Aye, I hear No.10 watches this forum 24/7.

Honestly, you're capable of debating serious points, stop with this shite that abuse on Pie and Bovril is somehow going to come back and haunt the Scottish electorate. It's fucking nonsense.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I hear No.10 watches this forum 24/7.

Honestly, you're capable of debating serious points, stop with this shite that abuse on Pie and Bovril is somehow going to come back and haunt the Scottish electorate. It's fucking nonsense.

No. Not because of P&B specifically. But the attitudes on here are just a distilled version of the general Scottish political class's view , albeit more left and Remainy than the electorate in general. All this glee at potential problems, this view that border problems are insurmountable, that the larger remaining party somehow has a right to dictate future policies of the smaller leaving party, that it has a claim on the smaller party's waters in return for not trying to strangle exports - it will be remembered by England's political class and there is every chance that it will be thrown back in our faces during independence negotiations.

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No. Not because of P&B specifically. But the attitudes on here are just a distilled version of the general Scottish political class's view , albeit more left and Remainy than the electorate in general. All this glee at potential problems, this view that border problems are insurmountable, that the larger remaining party somehow has a right to dictate future policies of the smaller leaving party, that it has a claim on the smaller party's waters in return for not trying to strangle exports - it will be remembered by England's political class and there is every chance that it will be thrown back in our faces during independence negotiations.

Pish.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Honestly, you're capable of debating serious points........... Actually, scrub that.

Would make sense if this was a serious point, but your essentially saying the Tories would be stubborn and difficult to deal with because some Scottish punters laughed at them. They'll be stubborn and difficult to deal with because they're Tory c***s, nothing else.

I was thinking about the top Austrian trolling with their Brexit stamp

602x338_cmsv2_c155f89f-7ee9-57eb-9db9-91a542c64f4d-4474156.jpg.68a92bdb74f6285c8fcfb313a682b4bf.jpg

and how Europe is having a good old laugh at the UK chaos and wonder how many of the "right type" of highly paid professionals from overseas would want to come and work here? But more worrying is what "incentives" will be put in place to fill the huge employment gap left when low paid and seasonal EU workers won't get visas?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Would make sense if this was a serious point, but your essentially saying the Tories would be stubborn and difficult to deal with because some Scottish punters laughed at them. They'll be stubborn and difficult to deal with because they're Tory c***s, nothing else.

So you acknowledge that if rUK demands control of independent Scotland's future laws and waters, and demands London court adjudication on disputes , this would indeed amount to being "stubborn and difficult to deal with"? Good. We agree.

As to whether it's still a Tory government holding the reins at the time of these negotiations , who knows?

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I was talking on social media with some mates.....decent lads, maybe no the cleverest......who were going on about how much they hate the Tories on one hand, then on the other saying how much they supported their immigration policies.

All done with no sense of self-awareness or irony.

I'm sure this is repeating itself all over the country. Working class people who would never have thought about voting Tory, nodding their heads when it comes to immigration.

There's an article in the paper this morning about the Tories deliberately adopting left-wing economics and right-wing culture policies. They think it's a sure fire way to win votes with the working class. 

With English tabloid headlines like this you can hardly blame them

MailOnline - news, sport, celebrity, science and health stories

At last! This is what we voted for:

Priti Patel's post-Brexit shake-up of Britain's immigration system

3 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

I wonder if Priti Patel has ever stopped to think that the points system she's so desperate to implement, would have prevented her parents from entering the UK had it been around in the 1960's

Nick Ferrari made this point to her several times on LBC today. She chose to ignore it.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They'll be heartened to know that the shit jobs have been reserved for true Brits since they'd have to compete with foreigners for the good ones.

A shit job is the path towards fortune and success. I remember someone saying that on here, repeatedly.

4 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

I wonder if Priti Patel has ever stopped to think that the points system she's so desperate to implement, would have prevented her parents from entering the UK had it been around in the 1960's

She's alright, Jack.

I remember Gina Yashere (stay with me) saying that the Nigerian expat community contains some of the most rabid anti-immigration zealots in Britain. It's amazing how many people get what they want out of life and immediately want to stop others from experiencing the same opportunity.

12 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

She said on the Today show her parents were refugees from Uganda so it wouldn't affect them. 

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

It will be great once we get rid of them funny speaking types,hb reckons the wages for carers etc will be massive.
A worker in hamburg is the same as a worker in liverpool and all that

I don't think wages will rise immediately but I'm sure it's more likely they that they might if private care companies can't recruit in the Phillipines. 

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

She said on the Today show her parents were refugees from Uganda so it wouldn't affect them. 

Which was a lie.

"But they came to the UK in the 1960s and she was born in London in the same year that dictator Idi Amin expelled Uganda's Asian community - many of whom settled in Britain as refugees."

Edited by dirty dingus