Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

They really don't get it, do they? The Great Escape, FFS. 

24125910-7951685-In_Plymouth_organisers_have_titled_their_celebrations_an_escape_-a-20_1580479716832.jpg.e7375311cb81a8b3928c8bc976b21afc.jpg

I'm trying to work out what aircraft is depicted below the Spitfire there and as far as I can tell it's a Typhoon.

A fucking Eurofighter.

1 hour ago, sureiknow said:

I really thought tonight would be one that all Democrats would be in full support off.

Strange one that a lot on here don't support Democracy. 

Seems a bit Fascist to me.

The fact that 52% of the population voted the same way in a poll held three and a half years ago in no way counters the argument that they're stupid.

I listened hard to the arguments for Leave before the referendum and I've continued to listen hard, and I'm still confident that the defining motivations for those who voted Leave is that they are clueless, malevolent or both.

As your mum ought to have asked you, if all your friends went and jumped in the Clyde would you do it as well?

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm trying to work out what aircraft is depicted below the Spitfire there and as far as I can tell it's a Typhoon.

A fucking Eurofighter.

I think it's an F-35, the American lemons we're using on the aircraft carriers. Shitty aircraft that cost a fucking ton of money just so we could suck yankee cock.  Totally appropriate.

Image result for f-35

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I think it's an F-35, the American lemons we're using on the aircraft carriers. Shitty aircraft that cost a fucking ton of money just so we could suck yankee cock.  Totally appropriate.

Image result for f-35

Yeah, think the nose profile look more like an F-35.

As you say, very appropriate. Instead of a project in which the UK was an equal partner, which secured many jobs here and created by far the finest fighter jet ever built, they go for one we're buying at enormous cost from the Yanks, who we pathetically believe somehow like us and would be nice to us, when in reality they're screwing us on price, software and upgrades, will have us over a barrel for the lifetime of the fleet and will keep all the jobs and profits for themselves.

Yep, sounds like just the choice for the flag-waving xenophobic fucknuggets. 

41 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Image result for f-35

Being  cheapskates with the carriers (which we can't protect) has meant we've had to buy the more expensive but les capable B variants.  Typical mod shortsightedness. 

Being  cheapskates with the carriers (which we can't protect) has meant we've had to buy the more expensive but les capable B variants.  Typical mod shortsightedness. 

Also still not fit for purpose.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/01/not-a-straight-shooter-dod-review-cites-fleet-of-faults-in-f-35-program/

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

New military tech usually does have issues (Airbus A400, Eurofighter, anything built by BAE etc) but the F 35 programme is shocking. We've really no other choice but to continue with it,  unless we're going to retrofit cats on the carriers.

Reminds me of when the army kept telling everyone that the sa80 was the greatest rifle ever, before giving it to the Germans to fix.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

That is the single most outrageous thing I have read on this whole thread.

Even on Catch Up it's still better than watching North West Tonight, which due to circumstances beyond my control, is what I'm usually stuck with.

:(

Interview with Farage in the aftermath sums everything up

"So, what specific change do you want to see as a result of Brexit"

"I want more self confidence........Tony Blair needs to accept our 50p coin because we won.......own laws excitement"

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Cheek of any unionists talking about nationalism anymore. Never seen so much right wing nationalistic petty minded bigotry as seen tonight in parliament square

Cringeworthy out of time national anthem shambles in no way a sign of things to come. 

Just needed a Rangers badge to fall off the gazebo.