Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

How much are we expecting the pound to drop by tomorrow morning? 

@Ross. Could be getting a few weeks in Scotland all inclusive for the price of an amulet made from cats teeth.

Wishful thinking, in the short term at least.

Unless the divided factions go all French and start rioting I doubt there will be much movement on the money markets. That will happen when the terms of any deal are confirmed in a years time.

16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Unless the divided factions go all French and start rioting I doubt there will be much movement on the money markets. That will happen when the terms of any deal are confirmed in a years time.

Could be sooner if Boris sticks to no extension and the talks are going nowhere by midsummer, which is the deadline for seeking an extension of the transition period.

The markets shouldn’t move much. They tend to react to surprises, which tomorrow is not.

What a truly sad day, glad I left the country when I did. Farewell UK!

I am sure we will rejoin but we’ll never have it as good as we did.

As the guardian piece pointed out today, we got it right just at the time we decided to leave.

Truly tragic.

7 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Ridiculous.......They don't. They never did.

We do however have

Johnson, Rees mogg, Patel and numerous other proto fascist loonballs that do directly legislate our lives.....and they will continue to do so for a very long time.

This is a direct consequence of our moment of weakness in 2014.

Oh, don’t talk such delusional, misleading, nit-picking shite. These Kurz/Orban/Le Pen don’t get to initiate EU legislation but their parties’ MEPs sit in the parliament and get to amend legislation and  to pass/reject it. Their countries’ ministers sit in the Council which sets political priorities and gets to amend legislation and to pass/reject it - with a veto power for big things. 

Have a nice day.

Edited by Pet Jeden

32 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

their parties’ MEPs sit in the parliament and get to amend legislation and  to pass/reject it. Their countries’ ministers sit in the Council which sets political priorities and gets to amend legislation and to pass/reject it - with a veto power for big things. 

Have a nice day.

Totalling 43/705 MEPs, or 6%.

Also, Le Pen has no say in which Ministers France sends to the Council.

Funniest thing is the yoon nationalists mantra today is "we get our country back" forgetting that the Boris deal has a border in the irish sea thus cutting off one of the countries in there beloved union [emoji23]

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Funniest thing is the yoon nationalists mantra today is "we get our country back" forgetting that the Boris deal has a border in the irish sea thus cutting off one of the countries in there beloved union emoji23.png

The odious Mark Francois on Jeremy Kyle claiming he just believes counties should elect their own governments and makes their own laws and rules. If only someone phoned in and asked him why he and his party oppose that so vehemently to the extent they won’t even let a country ask its people whether they want that or not.

Funniest thing is the yoon nationalists mantra today is "we get our country back" forgetting that the Boris deal has a border in the irish sea thus cutting off one of the countries in there beloved union [emoji23]
This. I think it's been recently overlooked. A border which actually splits a sovereign political union [emoji23].Well done Boris.
I'm over in Ireland for rugby and people are delighted with the tactical genius of Boris, possibility of a united Ireland undoubtedly accelerated.
Today marks the end of the EU for UK but also a greater leap towards the end of the UK as we know it.
Well done Boris, you got the country back [emoji849]

27 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Funniest thing is the yoon nationalists mantra today is "we get our country back" forgetting that the Boris deal has a border in the irish sea thus cutting off one of the countries in there beloved union emoji23.png

It's always been about England, your average Brexit loon doesn't give a f**k about the Union. The Scottish ones are either gullible fishermen,OAPs or loyalist rangersy types.

My local pub is putting on a wee bit of a party tonight between 11pm and midnight, with all drinks half price, and free nibbles. I can't usually be arsed with the local Brexit types here in Lancashire, and generally go out of my way to avoid them.

Might make an exception tonight though - a party's a party after all.