Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's the answer.

Why give up that nice little EU Gravy Train he's enjoyed for so long?

The fact too, that he's not prepared to stand in the GE, suggests to me that he's quite happy to hold on to his position as EU heckler in chief. That's held him in good stead for many years.

couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said here. 

By chance I often catch his LBC show driving home from work and I can’t believe nobody calls him out on the amount of times he changes his mind.

For months he said that the EU should give us a “Canada style deal or “Canada plus”.

Now he’s all about the hard exit and trading on WTO terms...

21 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

By chance I often catch his LBC show driving home from work and I can’t believe nobody calls him out on the amount of times he changes his mind.

For months he said that the EU should give us a “Canada style deal or “Canada plus”.

Does it really matter?  Only morons would vote for and/or are influenced by him, and, like Trump supporters, they are not interested in the veracity of what he says.

We are genuinely living in an “alternative facts” age.

22 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Before Canada he was singing the praises of Norway and Switzerland. I've posted this before.

Pretty sure the bold Guy spent a lot of time traveling continental Europe while fighting for various causes. He'd definitely be pro EU. He'd probably also be pro Scottish independence, though perhaps a little more militant about the method of making it happen.
Guy Fawkes hated Scotland. Most of the plotters were concerned about the rights of Catholics, Fawkes wanted rid of the Scots.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
16 hours ago, Ross. said:
Pretty sure the bold Guy spent a lot of time traveling continental Europe while fighting for various causes. He'd definitely be pro EU. He'd probably also be pro Scottish independence, though perhaps a little more militant about the method of making it happen.

Guy Fawkes hated Scotland. Most of the plotters were concerned about the rights of Catholics, Fawkes wanted rid of the Scots.

Yeah, that I am well aware of. He wanted to execute all the influential Scots in London at the time and that was his biggest influence in terms of what he got involved in. Which backs up my belief that he would be a massive supporter of sending all the Scots to Scotland and then blowing a big fucking hole right down the border.

Yeah, that I am well aware of. He wanted to execute all the influential Scots in London at the time and that was his biggest influence in terms of what he got involved in. Which backs up my belief that he would be a massive supporter of sending all the Scots to Scotland and then blowing a big fucking hole right down the border.

He’d have settled for a containment strategy but probably have preferred the idea of a Crusade to bring the heretical Scots back to the holy mother church or cleanse them by fire.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He’d have settled for a containment strategy but probably have preferred the idea of a Crusade to bring the heretical Scots back to the holy mother church or cleanse them by fire.

Lucky escape we had there then.

14 hours ago, strichener said:

Why would you be worried?  All of these things are powers already held by Westminster.

Yes. But at present parliament would have to consent to a repeal of the Scotland Act and the effective shutting down of the Scottish parliament.

This legislation in effect takes away that requirement.

Boris could shut down Holyrood at will.

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

To think, we would be almost free of it in Scotland if it wasn't for 2 scumbag football clubs.

I find this post hilarious pointing the finger at 2 clubs when the glorious revolution and the bill of rights has it all to blame for.
Acts of law from the 1600's are still present today plus the Act of union Itself is sectarian in nature and should be changed.
The constitution we live by is outdated and needs to be changed, another bloodless revolution is needed to sort this pish out.

I find this post hilarious pointing the finger at 2 clubs when the glorious revolution and the bill of rights has it all to blame for.
Acts of law from the 1600's are still present today plus the Act of union Itself is sectarian in nature and should be changed.
The constitution we live by is outdated and needs to be changed, another bloodless revolution is needed to sort this pish out.

Because of course that’s the important bit of the act of union. The rest of it isn’t controversial in the slightest

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Because of course that’s the important bit of the act of union. The rest of it isn’t controversial in the slightest

The problem is, it doesn't treat people equally plus with the act of toleration people were and are treated differently by their own beliefs.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So. You find it hilarious that your scumbag club and your blue scumbag pals actively condone and make their fortune out of bigotry and religious hate? Says it all.

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

So. You find it hilarious that your scumbag club and your blue scumbag pals actively condone and make their fortune out of bigotry and religious hate? Says it all.

You have the freedom of thought and expression so full your boots even when your posting mince.

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yes. But at present parliament would have to consent to a repeal of the Scotland Act and the effective shutting down of the Scottish parliament.

This legislation in effect takes away that requirement.

Boris could shut down Holyrood at will.

Westminster can take away Holyrood's consent with a one line bill right now.