Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's about evens for No Overall Majority, might have some of that.

Yeah, I see that.

I might just have a small wager on Labour at 18/1 to take it with a majority.

I really think (and hope) that Boris will make a complete arse of the Tory campaign.

21 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I might just have a small wager on Labour at 18/1 to take it with a majority.

I really think (and hope) that Boris will make a complete arse of the Tory campaign.

18/1 is probably about fair. If the SNP clean up in Scotland I think it makes it almost impossible for a Labour majority to happen, especially when there are so many in England who will see anything but a vote for Boris as a vote against Brexit.

His campaign started when he took the big job. It will be all about his efforts to get Brexit done, his bulldog spirit and stiff upper lip in the face of a parliament and opposition doing everything to prevent him getting it over the line, and how he is the only man to finish that job. I'm worried it will work and they will skoosh it.

Wait a minute, do people think that Labour actually have a chance here to take a majority? No chance. Boris is the Brexit, Torys and Brexiteers will vote for him. Corbyn hasn’t a hope in hell. Scotland will be almost completely yellow apart from the Lib Dem bumpkins in the Northern Isles and England will be blue, again. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Labour will win a majority, they are a mess.

I wonder if Johnson will take part in debates or bottle it like his predecessor.
I think he will. His ego won't allow otherwise. However it'll be a total waste of time as he'll lie through his teeth, Trump-style at every opportunity.

Hopefully vermin like Ross Thomson, Douglas Ross and Kirstene Hair are emptied. That'll be fucking glorious.

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

I think he will. His ego won't allow otherwise. However it'll be a total waste of time as he'll lie through his teeth, Trump-style at every opportunity.

Hopefully vermin like Ross Thomson, Douglas Ross and Kirstene Hair are emptied. That'll be fucking glorious.

If it’s a wider panel rather than just Johnson & Corbyn then I think he will be badly exposed for his lies.

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Do you really have to use that word? Maybe, in real life, you're a hard man that goes about calling people that to their face. Then again, maybe not. But you do know what political group used that dehumanising language to whip up hate, don't you?

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Do you really have to use that word? Maybe, in real life, you're a hard man that goes about calling people that to their face. Then again, maybe not. But you do know what political group used that dehumanising language to whip up hate, don't you?

I agree completely with this point. He should have called them "Absolute fucking c***s and the dregs of humanity" like any normal person would.

2 hours ago, tintax said:

An election in December is very much on. Can't wait for Scotland to return 50 plus SNP MP's

Scotland returned 50 Labour MPs in 1987: they contrived to do the square root of f**k all, because they were i) gormless Labour drones but even more importantly ii) part of a completely powerless opposition in Parliament. That is the huge risk that the SNP are taking here and there's no reason to expect that a Prime Minister Johnson would agree to play by Eton rules and grant a referendum. 

Each of the opposition parties is agreeing to an election for entirely the wrong reasons when they already had the gammons on the run in Parliament until 2022. Labour's reason is as usual the worst argument possible, as 'well we don't want to look like shitebags' is not actually a strategic masterstroke. 

Edited by vikingTON

50 minutes ago, virginton said:

Each of the opposition parties is agreeing to an election for entirely the wrong reasons when they already had the gammons on the run in Parliament until 2022. Labour's reason is as usual the worst argument possible, as 'well we don't want to look like shitebags' is not actually a strategic masterstroke. 

i don't think it would have been democratic to keep this type of parliament until 2021.  the people didn't vote for the independent group or loads of independent tories.  An election had to be on the cards one way or another before then.  

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yer man John Curtice predicts that the GE will return more than 100 MPs neither from the Tories or Labour party.

Whilst Labour can do a deal with another party, the Tories cannot.

Depends. If The Brexit Party have a fair few of those seats then the Tories can definitely do a deal.

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Looking forward to the Scotch Labour lot who were giving grief to the SNP yesterday about being "Tartan Tories" for supporting an election on "Boris Johnson's terms" suddenly performing a u-turn en masse. Paul Sweeney will be absolutely furious, I'm sure. 

"seething" shirley?