Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Think the whole sorry mess will just be kicked down the road again once the extension is in place with not a lot happening before the end of January..(after they vote everything down again possibly next week). In the run up to Jan 31st or whenever it is, the whole thing will ramp up again, but no proposition will pass the Commons, whether this Deal, No Deal or 2nd Ref. Then in the last week of Jan....another extension probably a longer one this time.

Meanwhile, can see Labour actually continuing to block a GE.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's Na dh im.

Not sure why the word filter catches it, I presume some sort of Old Firm pish

Jesus.

@Div - is there any way for mere mortals to view the word filter? I'm sure we'd all like to stay abreast of the latest in tragic terminology.

23 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's Na dh im.

Not sure why the word filter catches it, I presume some sort of Old Firm pish

Back when the bralt was a popular thread, celtic fans complained about an H being added to the word dim being highly offensive.  

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

One tweet sums up the last few months perfectly:

This begs a question.

If the options were reduced to Johnson’s ‘deal’ and revoke Article 50 which way would the DUP vote?

It's a funny old world at Westminster these days. Johnson can't get anything through.  The opposition probably can't force anything.  The opposition refuses to call a vote of no confidence. Might we see the govt call a vote of no confidence in itself and then force Labour to vote confidence in them?  Johnson could sell that very easily to the tory masses as the only way to get back in with the numbers and do what he fancies. Risky but he's got to be totally pissed off - which is excellent. 

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They are Unionists before all else. They would vote to revoke.

My thoughts too.  Despite Johnson’s shenanigans with the letters I don’t think the EU will refuse an extension, but if they do then revoke might be the last option.

Johnson has stooped to the level of someone trying to get out of a speeding ticket on a technicality. Utterly childish. 

I do however think that the opposition has finally run out of room. They need an election or another vote or they can most likely forget an extension. 

31 minutes ago, HTG said:

It's a funny old world at Westminster these days. Johnson can't get anything through.  The opposition probably can't force anything.  The opposition refuses to call a vote of no confidence. Might we see the govt call a vote of no confidence in itself and then force Labour to vote confidence in them?  Johnson could sell that very easily to the tory masses as the only way to get back in with the numbers and do what he fancies. Risky but he's got to be totally pissed off - which is excellent. 

The opposition could force anything they wanted if they could agree on what to do. That's been the most annoying thing over the last 3 years.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Back when the bralt was a popular thread, celtic fans complained about an H being added to the word dim being highly offensive.  

How would "dimh" be very offensive?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This begs a question.

If the options were reduced to Johnson’s ‘deal’ and revoke Article 50 which way would the DUP vote?

Revoke Article 50, I think.