Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Still a lack of clarity on whether there will be an attempt to expedite the requirement for Johnson to seek an Article 50 extension.
This is key.  There’s multiple instances of government ministers hinting that they have found flaws in the existing Benn Act.  By expediting it they can raise potential legal challenges in a timely manner.
If Johnson is unable to effect Brexit by 31 October it will severely effect his electoral chances; if he does pull it off he will get a majority in the GE and be in a position to ride out the clusterfuck that will be the aftermath of a No Deal Brexit.

Your last statement falls down Granny; in the event of a No Deal Brexit emotion will be driven by cold, hard unyielding fact instead of the current diet of lies, manipulation and propaganda.

No politician, Johnson included, will be able to withstand the economic and social tsunami a No Deal outcome would generate.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Your friend?  :whistle     Mail, Telegraph, Express, Sun...but be prepared to be stopped from posting or 'reported', they don't like dissent.  Really brings it home as to what you are up against.  The power of the people who run the right-wing media. It is scary.

What if instead of arguing the opposite you were more extreme. "I want to leave the EU because I love beetroot soup and the EU makes it difficult to buy real beetroot soup from Russia and it has never tasted the same since we joined the EU and we can"t buy the right garnish because of the Lisbon treaty and the worse beetroot soup I ever had was in Maastricht and these people just don't know how to make it properly". Would that work?

Brexiteers using Switzerland as an example of how seamless everything can be outside of the EU will never get old.

Remember that phase of the people’s champions skiing between France and Switzerland, and using it as proof things will be fine? It’d be hilarious if you didn’t have brainless idiots regurgitating it like it’s true.

Indeed. There is a long queue of lorries at the EU/Swiss border every morning. They enter the country at a different point from ordinary traffic and they have to present their papers and may have their load examined before they can enter just as lorries coming into Dover are. The idea that Swiss imports from the EU is a simple and free-flowing process is a nonsense born of ignorance.

32 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

What if instead of arguing the opposite you were more extreme. "I want to leave the EU because I love beetroot soup and the EU makes it difficult to buy real beetroot soup from Russia and it has never tasted the same since we joined the EU and we can"t buy the right garnish because of the Lisbon treaty and the worse beetroot soup I ever had was in Maastricht and these people just don't know how to make it properly". Would that work?

Give it a go and report back.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Your last statement falls down Granny; in the event of a No Deal Brexit emotion will be driven by cold, hard unyielding fact instead of the current diet of lies, manipulation and propaganda.

No politician, Johnson included, will be able to withstand the economic and social tsunami a No Deal outcome would generate.

I hope you’re right; though I hope more that it doesn’t come to pass.

People are fucking idiots.

The loudest, reddest faces shouting shit about getting Brexit done and screaming furious playground level swearing about elites and the bad courts and flecking rage dripped spittle when demanding immigrants (as well as defining a person on their choice to live in a country different to the one they were born in in the first place) be deported in the most vile racist terms are all loving the quasi facism from Johnson.

However these are the same people who scream the loudest and w**k the most furiously over WW2 and poppies, worshipping soldiers are some sort of demo gods and spaffing on about respect and honouring them.

The disconnect is unreal. WW2 was about folk uniting to stop fascism and to stand up to the right wing stain of racism and discrimination. The same folk who drone on about 'are brave boys!!!!!' and paint a giant poppy on the moon each year are the most racist ring wing twats going. It's laughable.

Anyway, f**k Brexit and I hope Johnson chokes on a bendy banana and dies and that his hell is a holiday to France where the floor is made of (Danish) Lego and upturned German plugs, all punctuated to an endless cycle of jazz.

Edited by DA Baracus

Astonishing language by some arsehole Tory on politics live. Demonising the opposition by claiming that blocking a "clean break" with the EU is blocking the democratic will of the leave voters and saying he's surprised there haven't been riots yet. Dog-whistle politics designed to appeal to the worst elements of the Brexiteers. Right out of the fascists playbook.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:
I don’t believe the IfG’s £25-£45 assumed cost of every extra declaration for imports - do you? If that was true, how come every “made in China” product that Mr Amazon delivers to my door costs about a tenner in total?

Because items are imported in bulk you fucking moron.

Actually some of the stuff is pretty niche and really can’t be that much of a bulk import. But let’s not delve into my sexual preferences just now. But in any event, what’s stopping post-Brexit bulk imports? 

And what’s with the moron chat Baxter? Don’t copy these other bad boys on the forum. It doesn’t make you look hard.

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If the SNP back Corbyn then you would assume PC and Lucas will as well. That's 287 MPs which is 90% of the way to a majority.

It will be fun watching the right wing Remainers squirm.

Be great to see Swinson squirm as well. The horrible wee toad that she is.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

If the SNP back Corbyn then you would assume PC and Lucas will as well. That's 287 MPs which is 90% of the way to a majority.

It will be fun watching the right wing Remainers squirm.

Surely an error by the SNP allowing Scotland controlling England type grim warnings from the tories

53 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Be great to see Swinson squirm as well. The horrible wee toad that she is.

Swinson will not put the greater good before her own ambitions.

In a couple of years time the LibDems will, once again, be an irrelevance and Swinson will accept a highly paid sinecure.