Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

UK customs officials will be checking what is in incoming lorries. This will inevitably cause delay Vs the current situation. At a population level that will kill some unwell people who might otherwise have lived.

The Swiss have freedom big movement, the UK red line, as a condition of their access to the single market.

"Doing what Australia and Japan do" isn't a serious option. For example the half lives of isotopes needed for radiography, supplied by the EU, cannot be delivered by boat from China.

Customs - I believe we currently inspect just 4% of imports.

Swiss - And the ECJ? And Financial contributions? 

Isotopic medecine - Aus is days sailing from anywhere. Ship it from USA - they're awash with pharmaceuticals. Or Air-freight the most sensitive. I'm no medical logistics expert but I have a good nose for bullshit. BMA said biggest cause of shortages would be stockpiling!

Edited by Pet Jeden

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wow!!

Crazy report on Channel 4 News from Fishguard, Wales concerning a lady, Nerys Edwards who exports truckloads of shellfish direct to Spain. If there is a No Deal Brexit the obstacles placed in her way could virtually ruin her business.

What's crazy about this report is that Nerys Edwards voted Leave and would do so again. It's not just her business - she voted for "The greater good of the country"

How stupid are the Welsh?

Try watching this on Channel 4 + 1 from 8.30 to 8.40pm

I hope they do a follow up when the thick c**t has to claim Universal Credit 😂

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Isotopic medecine - Aus is days sailing from anywhere. Ship it from USA - they're awash with pharmaceuticals. Or Air-freight the most sensitive. I'm no medical logistics expert but I have a good nose for bullshit. BMA said biggest cause of shortages would be stockpiling!

:lol:

IMG_2869.jpg

It's a pretty funny post, you're correct. Written by someone who hasn't been paying much attention.

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

And why would that be? Maybe we are in some kind of single market allowing the free flow of goods within it?

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not sure your point. You were saying we should follow their example. They pay in. They follow the ECJ. They get their drugs apparently. Maybe we should do the same?

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Isotopic medecine - Aus is days sailing from anywhere. Ship it from USA - they're awash with pharmaceuticals. Or Air-freight the most sensitive.

Add a few days onto the journey. Then they can get held up when they get here anyway. Awesome idea. As is flying in stuff that we might be a bit short of. Surely it would be easier just getting them sent from the Netherlands?

21 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I'm no medical logistics expert

Huge if true.

22 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

BMA said biggest cause of shortages would be stockpiling!

Individuals stockpiling. Not fucking cancer wards. 

Let's just say the post started off badly, tailed off slightly in the middle, and the less said about the end, the better. But other than that, excellent.

12 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

It's a pretty funny post, you're correct. Written by someone who hasn't been paying much attention.

And why would that be? Maybe we are in some kind of single market allowing the free flow of goods within it? 

Not sure your point. You were saying we should follow their example. They pay in. They follow the ECJ. They get their drugs apparently. Maybe we should do the same?

Add a few days onto the journey. Then they can get held up when they get here anyway. Awesome idea. As is flying in stuff that we might be a bit short of. Surely it would be easier just getting them sent from the Netherlands?

Huge if true.

Individuals stockpiling. Not fucking cancer wards. 

Let's just say the post started off badly, tailed off slightly in the middle, and the less said about the end, the better. But other than that, excellent.

We check 4% of ALL goods coming from whole world.

Did Swiss agree to ECJ that EU were pushing in 2018? The Swiss pay in - aye a token £0.1bn pa.  Tbh the UKs annual payments argument is trivial.

Of course let's keep getting drugs from Netherlands - unless they are going to be arsey and create extra long border check delays.

No, I couldn't possibly imagine any public sector stockpiling, right enough.

As you were...

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

OK. Citation needed.

If true then almost that entire 4% is from outside the EU. So outside the EU we would have to double those checks at least. That's what causes the ports to clog up. Eedjits like you see a small percentage and don't think it will make a difference. "Only an hour or so every other lorry".

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Did Swiss agree to ECJ that EU were pushing in 2018? The Swiss pay in - aye a token £0.1bn pa.  Tbh the UKs annual payments argument is trivial.

? You asked how the Swiss manage. You were told they were in the single market.  Soft Brexit is unacceptable, apparently, but this would entail these lower payments that you are looking for. ECJ still makes the judgements.

No idea what you mean about what did or didn't happen in 2018.

20 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course let's keep getting drugs from Netherlands - unless they are going to be arsey and create extra long border check delays.

For the last fucking time, we're leaving the EU. We want control of our fucking borders. It is us putting up the frontier. WTO necesitates border checks.

No, I couldn't possibly imagine any public sector stockpiling, right enough.

We're talking about drugs with a fucking half life here. We're talking about drugs that need kept at a certain fucking temperature. We're talking about drugs that you can't just stick on a fucking shelf until you need them. 

I thought by now we all knew this.

Maybe you should actually read some of the Project Fear documents. You might learn something about what you're arguing against.

You have no idea of the complexity and volume of imports to the UK.  "the introduction of customs declarations on EU trade could cost traders between £4 billion and £9 billion a year, based on an estimate of £20–£45 per declaration and an expected 200 million additional declarations after Brexit." 

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmhaff/540/54006.htm#_idTextAnchor023

30 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Membership of the single market isn't part of the withdrawal agreement and will absolutely be unavailable in the event of a no deal exit.

32 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

There will be delays on our side and on theirs whether we like it or not.

I mean it's not even a reach for a suitable analogy. 

Picture an airport with two queues. One for eu passport holders, one for the rest of the world. We've all seen it and experienced it: the eu passport queue involves the most cursory of glances, the checks for the rest of the world are  more thorough and time consuming. Even with this the eu queue is sometimes very busy at various hot points of the day. 

Now imagine this same process for (hundreds of?) thousands of lorries, cargo planes, cargo ships per day. Now imagine there's only one queue and its the rest of the world one. This is what we will be doing to ourselves on a very basic level if there's no deal.

We have two options really, to just wave shit through without checking it (meaning all sorts of unsavoury / dangerous stuff could be brought into the country) or to thoroughly check everything which would be incredibly time consuming and cause massive holdups. I suppose we could check only the bare minimum of goods, but again, this would be an opportunity for people to bring people and things we don't want into the country and is the exact opposite of taking back control of our borders. 

A waste of time and effort lads. The vast majority of Brexit-voting brain-donors like Pet and rest of the dribbling right-wing fuckspangles on here don't give a shiny shite about any of the genuinely serious stuff. They're simply racist muppets spaffing themselves at the thought of more foreigners having to leave and less foreigners coming in. That's the beginning and the end of brexit for these c***s. 

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

You have no idea of the complexity and volume of imports to the UK.  "the introduction of customs declarations on EU trade could cost traders between £4 billion and £9 billion a year, based on an estimate of £20–£45 per declaration and an expected 200 million additional declarations after Brexit." 

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmhaff/540/54006.htm#_idTextAnchor023

Membership of the single market isn't part of the withdrawal agreement and will absolutely be unavailable in the event of a no deal exit.

There will be delays on our side and on theirs whether we like it or not.

I don’t believe the IfG’s £25-£45 assumed cost of every extra declaration for imports - do you? If that was true, how come every “made in China” product that Mr Amazon delivers to my door costs about a tenner in total?

Edited by Pet Jeden

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

A waste of time and effort lads. The vast majority of Brexit-voting brain-donors like Pet and rest of the dribbling right-wing fuckspangles on here don't give a shiny shite about any of the genuinely serious stuff. They're simply racist muppets spaffing themselves at the thought of more foreigners having to leave and less foreigners coming in. That's the beginning and the end of brexit for these c***s. 

Bingo.

People will die due to this shite and in a perfect world they will be Brexiteers or relatives of Brexiteers.

Maybe then we will see the penny drop and they can realise what small minded racist wee c***s the rest of us know them to be.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bingo.

People will die due to this shite and in a perfect world they will be Brexiteers or relatives of Brexiteers.

Maybe then we will see the penny drop and they can realise what small minded racist wee c***s the rest of us know them to be.

It won't though, because they are snivelling morons. JRM and BoJo will beat the "It's all the perry EU's fault" drum and these serfs will lap it up. 

FFS. How do the Swiss, the Aussies, the Japanese cope? It's like remainers have collectively developed Stockholm Syndrome over the last 4 decades.
I have no doubt that, if they are bitter enough, the EU could create border delays in the short term. But tbh, if they do, that kind of reinforces that it's the right decision to leave.
The Swiss have access to the Single Market.

That's where your analogy immediately falls flat.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive worked in joint agency with borders agency, they are easily one of the slowest, most bureaucratic organisations around, the idea that they have the competency to effectively manage imports at ports at the same or similar is mental. There is a reason that they are testing the ‘operation stack’ outside dover, its because that’s going to be the new normal.
The points about isotopic medicine are so serious, its not just for treatment, its for the detection of cancers too, the problem isnt the delays at the ports its that we are due to leave the common market for trading in them, there is no trade deal, we would have to comply with all EU regulations for the trade of them or they wouldnt allow export. You simply cannot have frictionless trade of radioisotopes with wto terms.

Brexit is not just going to be ‘oh we better just have a couple more turnips because we can’t eat chorizo this week’. Its going to make people’s lives more difficult and at least if we leave with no deal, according to the Royal College of Radiologists, going to actually cost people their lives in terms of cancers going untreated or indeed undetected. Thats just the impact on one niche little thing.

More generally we have the fact we cannot trade intelligence/information via europol, meaning we have no european arrest warrant and simple things like having the german police chap a door for a missing person will have to go through interpol (a very long process) instead of via europol, which is a case of one person phoning another.

On freedom of movement, we in Scotland have an ageing population, our care sector relies on largely european immigration for care home staff etc, close the door or limit immigration based on income and you close off a very necessary lifeline, standards of care decline and as a result people die or their health fails, making them a burden to our hospitals, capacity in care/nursing homes diminishes and the costs increase significantly. Its a fucking disaster waiting to happen, but its ok, because everything will work out, i mean Boris Johnson hasn’t bothered his fucking hole trying to do anything to fix it bar a no deal to help all the billionaires who installed him as the unelected PM who stand (and in some cases have already) to profit from shorting the UK economy.

That plus we’ll all have blue passports, even according to some our fish will remain british, oh and some stupid c**t from wales will lose her business but thats alright because well f**k knows why but it is. Then, we haven’t even fucking got to the point about what happens to the sharks in all this, porbeagles didnt vote for this shite.

EU= one of the biggest/wealthiest markets in the world with buying and negotiating power of 27 aligned members to negotiate with world powers, being a world power itself = ability to get good trade deals

UK= a banana monarchy with fucktrumpets like Michael Gove and Bojo negotiating whilst coked out their fucking dingers treating it like an oxbridge debating society burning the british economy like its a flaming £50 note being waved infront of a homeless person, all the while not realising that the UK isnt a world power and will get fucking crumbs of a trade deal = no ability to get trade deals.

f**k brexit, f**k the Tories, f**k the numpties who can’t analyse that they’ve been absolutely sold a stinker. Absolutely fucking none of this is about taking back sovereignty/control/laws, the UK could always say no to most EU laws, heres a fucking handy hint, thats kinda why we aren’t all in the Euro or Schengen already. Its fucking mind melting that these right wing crayon munching knuckle dragging stephen yaxely lennon ‘lads alliance’ gammon faced fucking c***s can’t see that brexit isn’t a good thing.

But aye its a good laugh.

Cracking, heartfelt post.  I agree with every point.  

I'd have put an apostrophe in that final 'its' but other than that...

And you remainers have the brass neck to get on your soap boxes about the use of aggressive language?

"they are snivelling morons"

"these serfs"

"small minded racist wee c***s"

"Brexit-voting brain-donors"

"dribbling right-wing fuckspangles"

racist muppets spaffing"

"these right wing crayon munching knuckle dragging stephen yaxely lennon ‘lads alliance’ gammon faced fucking c***s "

Hypocrites.

29 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

My views on Brexit are not driven by immigration. Doubt Boris's are either. In fact, I think it would be good if immigration controls could move from point of entry controls to controls on which parts of the country people can rent/buy accommodation, take employment or claim benefits. That way the parts of the country that need and welcome immigration - like a lot of Scotland - would not be hindered.

(btw - remind me - what was your other username)?

Edited by Pet Jeden