Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

55% voted no. I actually voted yes but I respect democracy and also that the snp said it was once in a generation.

Why are they even still a thing?

Professes to hate undemocratic actions, then asks why the party with over thirty democratically elected MPs are 'still a thing'. Dearie me... There used to be a higher standard of troll on here 

22 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
26 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:
The court of session ruled he did.

Has he been arrested yet?

It's not a crime to lie to the Queen. I was hoping it was treason, but it's not. It could be if he buggered Phillip as the monarch's consort, or Princess Anne, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Unlikely as it is, what would he do if he got there? Does he really believe the EU will welcome him with open arms and be over the moon to start the process of renegotiating the withdrawal agreement all over again?

Would he have any idea as to how to get a settlement that Parliament might accept, or would he be quite happy just to see the UK crash out without a deal - he is a Leaver at heart, after all.

Even if he puts forward a May deal to parliament, parliament will have no choice at this stage to either accept it, or accept a no deal and even if they do accept the deal, it's Labour Policy to have a deal/nodeal referendum.

For Scotlands sake, I hope it's a no deal so we can finally tell the UK to GTF.

This mock outrage about how Boris "lied to the Queen" is doing my head in.  All very gammon-y, surprised at a few.  Jo Swinson's face contorted in a mask of disgust as she said it earlier on.

As far as I've been led to understand, the Queen doesn't exactly have a right to be convinced about a request to prorogue, the Privy Council just ask her permission and she says aye.  At least, that was according to Lord Hope on the day of the Court of Sessions verdict.

The PM and his acolytes have misrepresented this prorogation to parliament, and to the public - this is enough to be disgusted about.  To attempt to make the situation seem worse by exaggerating the extent to which it's an offence to our collective consciousness to lie to the Queen is pure theatre, and more what we've all come to associate with Francois, JRM, Gove, and the rest of they c***s.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Even if he puts forward a May deal to parliament, parliament will have no choice at this stage to either accept it, or accept a no deal and even if they do accept the deal, it's Labour Policy to have a deal/nodeal referendum.

For Scotlands sake, I hope it's a no deal so we can finally tell the UK to GTF.

Even what's happened today should be incentive enough for Scotland to tell the UK to GTF now.

'Detectives are seeking information on the whereabouts of these two alleged fraudsters, who deceived a 93 year old pensioner in her own home'

'If you have any idea where they are, please contact Westminster police station'

IMG_20190924_201243.jpg.d299249594e6bcfbc84e25ecf7368fce.jpg

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The MSM seem very reluctant to give the SNP any credit for their role tonight.

Also the BBC ‘Special’ had Umunna as its main guest.  Quite incredible.

Brillo Pad did say that no one from the government was available - in fact I think he hinted they'd been instructed not to take part.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not a crime to lie to the Queen. I was hoping it was treason, but it's not. It could be if he buggered Phillip as the monarch's consort, or Princess Anne, but that's about it.

Okay but it doesn't have to be treason. Any "off with his head" clause would do just fine.  Liven things up a bit.

55% voted no. I actually voted yes but I respect democracy and also that the snp said it was once in a generation.

Why are they even still a thing?

Democracy is people voting for a party that promised in their manifesto to have a referendum if the racists in England voted for Brexit.

To not have another go in the current climate is undemocratic but you know that.

So which version of leave did you vote for ? Was your mind made up before or after Farage assured us that everything would be easy and we'd be in commom market etc ?

Did you vote for a hard Brexit or a soft Brexit ?

Basically your arguments pish.