Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Know what my favourite bit about all of this was....

The Sun painting BoJos plan to scrap the working time directive as "FINALLY AN OVERTIME BOOM FOR HARDWORKING BRITS"

The Sun readership then, presumably thick enough to swallow that scrapping these laws means they be allowed to work all the overtime they want, rarher than simply having their contracts rewritten for a 52 hour week and told to take it or leave it [emoji23]

Fucksake did they really try and spin it like that.

It’ll either be as you say or many sectors will have shitloads of unpaid overtime.

You have to be seriously thick to think that companies aren’t dishing out paid overtime on the basis of the working time directive.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fucksake did they really try and spin it like that.

It’ll either be as you say or many sectors will have shitloads of unpaid overtime.

You have to be seriously thick to think that companies aren’t dishing out paid overtime on the basis of the working time directive.

Aye. Imagine thinking that companies are going to be handed the legal means to eliminate their overtime bill, and instead they are going to pay out more 😂😂😂😂

Work more often, and harder, for less

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

An “Agreement” in EUspeak seems to mean an agreement to hold discussions. A bit like the Withdrawal Agreement.

Africa -  link says agreements cover 7 African counties (out of 54)

Chile - link says in April 2019 the negotiating teams exchanged tariff offers.

Korea - what exactly is that wiki saying is agreed and in force?

If I get it right, the promise of the Brexiteers is that in offering a market of 65 million, we'll be able to negotiate much better trade deals than the EU who offer a market of 500 million? And what we'll do under WTO rules in the meantime is charge zero tariffs to all imports while our trading partners stick to their current tariffs for trade with non EU countries for our exports? Sounds like a plan.  

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

An “Agreement” in EUspeak seems to mean an agreement to hold discussions. A bit like the Withdrawal Agreement.

Chile - link says in April 2019 the negotiating teams exchanged tariff offers.

It actually says that they have had a free trade agreement since 2003 and confirms that they held negotiations in April 2019 for modernising the trade part of the EU-Chile Association Agreement. Probably because the EU has professional negotiators constantly striving for a better deal for its members instead of David Davis with an empty folder. 

The South Korea one speaks for itself. 

What we would need here is an expert to tell us whether free trade agreements with 8 African countries is better or worse than free trade with all of them and ditto for South Korea and Chile. I personally do not have a clue but I probably understand slightly more than the people of the voxpops who think "We voted to leave so why don't we just leave?" who seem to be dictating government policy. 

12 minutes ago, The OP said:

It actually says that they have had a free trade agreement since 2003 and confirms that they held negotiations in April 2019 for modernising the trade part of the EU-Chile Association Agreement. Probably because the EU has professional negotiators constantly striving for a better deal for its members instead of David Davis with an empty folder. 

The South Korea one speaks for itself

What we would need here is an expert to tell us whether free trade agreements with 8 African countries is better or worse than free trade with all of them and ditto for South Korea and Chile. I personally do not have a clue but I probably understand slightly more than the people of the voxpops who think "We voted to leave so why don't we just leave?" who seem to be dictating government policy

You're in politics?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what my favourite bit about all of this was....

The Sun painting BoJos plan to scrap the working time directive as "FINALLY AN OVERTIME BOOM FOR HARDWORKING BRITS"

The Sun readership then, presumably thick enough to swallow that scrapping these laws means they be allowed to work all the overtime they want, rarher than simply having their contracts rewritten for a 52 hour week and told to take it or leave it emoji23.png

What about that EU directive that says you can't whip your workers if they are not working hard enough?

Obviously we need to do something about that. 😉

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

No. But once we can buy the fruits of the labour of African farmers, Korean car workers and Chilean wine makers, without duties added to protect much better off Europeans, then we'll know it was worth it.

We've been doing that for years, exploiting these countries to the max.  Oh, you forgot the Chinese and Cambodian/Vietnamese as well. Where would we be today in blighty without those foreign kids bringing us our goodies for threepence a day ??   Aye, the future's bright under de pfeffelllll and his self-serving uberreich crew. 

13 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

What about that EU directive that says you can't whip your workers if they are not working hard enough?

Obviously we need to do something about that. 😉

Have to confess to you boss, I haven't been working hard enough.

Not again Jenkins, can't it wait till we get home? Oh very well.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

This is exactly the plans de pfeffelllllllll has for london if he and his sort prevail in this shambles.  Its all about london.

Why do you feel it's okay to snigger at his name? He says/does enough that you can take issue with.  You don't have to resort to having a go at his identity. Play the ball, not the man.

btw I could live with granting London it's independence. Far too much of UK policy is skewed by it.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Why do you feel it's okay to snigger at his name? He says/does enough that you can take issue with.  You don't have to resort to having a go at his identity. Play the ball, not the man.

btw I could live with granting London it's independence. Far too much of UK policy is skewed by it.

Their whole ethos is dictated by what happens to and concerning london.  The rest of their country plus Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are collateral damage in their quest for world supremacy.  We get what we're telt we're getting. 

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

Their whole ethos is dictated by what happens to and concerning london.  The rest of their country plus Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are collateral damage in their quest for world supremacy.  We get what we're telt we're getting. 

Who? You're laying it at the door of a PM that's been in for 6 weeks? As far as I can see every government and it's vast civil service for far back as you care to go, has favoured London

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Who? You're laying it at the door of a PM that's been in for 6 weeks? As far as I can see every government and it's vast civil service for far back as you care to go, has favoured London

He has made it his raison d'etre to push for london to be the epicentre of the 1st world, more so than previous incumbents.