Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Were Marathon bars even sold in the UK before the EEC/EU existed? A name tainted by association with Britain's involvement with those dirty Europeans IMO.

We need to stick to the good old American names like Starburst and Snickers so the Yanks will give us all those favourable deals that we're absolutely going to get, yes sirree, you betcha.

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Once you get that blue passport and you are tucking into a Marathon bar then you'll know it was worth it.

No. But once we can buy the fruits of the labour of African farmers, Korean car workers and Chilean wine makers, without duties added to protect much better off Europeans, then we'll know it was worth it.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Can they not just revoke article 50 but tell all the gammons it was a no deal?

Good one!

If Boris told them he had managed to persuade the EU to agree to that he would be their hero for life. They wouldn't know the difference anyway. 

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

No. But once we can buy the fruits of the labour of African farmers, Korean car workers and Chilean wine makers, without duties added to protect much better off Europeans, then we'll know it was worth it.

In the Brexiteers wet dreams the EU doesn't already have trade deals with African countries, Chile and South Korea.  They're all fucking idiots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union–South_Korea_Free_Trade_Agreement

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/chile/index_en.htm

https://fullfact.org/europe/out-africa-facts-about-eu-tariffs-african-exports/

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Cant wait to eat my first Marathon bar after all these years. Just waiting for Opal Fruits to return. 

Texan bars break your teeth in the winter and Spangles rot them all the year round, but that's a price worth paying.

We knew what we voted for and Great Britain will have more dumplings.

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

Texan bars break your teeth in the winter and Spangles rot them all the year round, but that's a price worth paying.

We knew what we voted for and Great Britain will have more dumplings.

If Splicers and sweetie cigarettes return I'll go full gammon and drive all those pesky foreigners down to Dover, I'll start with Prince Phillip.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I wonder how many are paying £60 for a £5 bottle of Chilean wine at their local shop because of "EU tariffs" unaware that the shopkeeper knows they are idiots.

Edited by Fullerene

Know what my favourite bit about all of this was....

The Sun painting BoJos plan to scrap the working time directive as "FINALLY AN OVERTIME BOOM FOR HARDWORKING BRITS"

The Sun readership then, presumably thick enough to swallow that scrapping these laws means they be allowed to work all the overtime they want, rarher than simply having their contracts rewritten for a 52 hour week and told to take it or leave it [emoji23]

43 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

If Splicers and sweetie cigarettes return I'll go full gammon and drive all those pesky foreigners down to Dover, I'll start with Prince Phillip.

I'm looking forward to the return of "the great British banger" (©The Sun, c1990). 

60% rusk. Mmmmmm.