Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

You really think they won’t find a way to cooperate post Brexit? How does Norway cope btw?

On the plus side, maybe we’ll be spared European Arrest Warrant requests for Catalan politicians who have committed the horrendous crime of holding a referendum.

The absolute epitome of the thick, ill-informed, first-and-only-time voter that got us into this shit in the first place.

Of course ways will be found to co-operate internationally in our new status as an independent nation. The problem is that those ways will not be in place on 1st November.

I'm fairly comfortable and secure as a working-class man in this current climate. My lifestyle will probably not survive even part of the mess predicted in Yellowhammer. I struggle to see not actually starving as a benefit worth turning the country upside down.

In a climate where personal debt is at a worryingly high level, many, many people live from month to month. Three months of upset will see mortgages foreclosed, homelessness going through the roof, and (Daily Mail gasps ahoy!) the Sainted Housing Market going tits up.

...and we (as a country) are doing this to ourselves. The fucking Bahamas will be back to normal before we are at this rate.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Little Englander crusade? 38% of the vote in Scotland was for leave. 33% of SNP Voters. A majority in Wales.

As for your 9/11 conspiracy and your follow the money reference, I’ve got a funny feeling I know who you blame for being behind all the worlds ills. Howl on.

This crusade was stoked up by the right wing tories who wanted blighty returned to its rightful place (in their eyes) of ruling the waves.  Imperialism for englandshire, just like the masonic overlording in Scotland, was prevalent decades and centuries ago, but this is 2019 ffs.  The voters in Scotland were sold a sick pup when the "vow" - remember when rip, rig and panic appeared over the horizon with lots of positives about staying in the union - and we were told to vote to stay if we wanted to remain in the EU.

Now we have the 2016 vote where the divide between the voters was generally split between those who saw london shitting all over us and wanted to break free and many of the older demographic who were scared of change plus the die hard unionistas (who were apparently born under a union flag).  Results from Wales took me by surprise as they have had nearly as much shit thrown at them from london as we have.

the 9/11 FACTS don't lie and those conducting the "it was those nasty terrorists" propaganda should be brought to account before all of them die having had a comfortable, cash laden life.  

There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

I believe that after independence, the vote will split broadly between  'normal' left and right parties. The SNP may even disappear completely. Job done.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I think one of the main issues for gammon loving, jazz hating brexiteers is the difficulty people  have admitting they have fucked things up badly and saying they were obviously wrong were wrong.

Takes guts to admit that you've made a mess of things.

It absolutely does. It would be much easier to admit to having been misled by devious manipulators with a sinister intelligence.

Admitting that today's Tory party pulled the wool over your eyes would be the red neck to end them all.

The English Meeja this morning seem to be obsessed with the fact that BoJo might have lied to the Queen.

It's like all his other lies have now become insignificant.

I mean lying to the Queen? Are there any worse crimes in humanity than that?

If found guilty, what should happen to him?

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Now we have the 2016 vote where the divide between the voters was generally split between those who saw london shitting all over us and wanted to break free and many of the older demographic who were scared of change plus the die hard unionistas (who were apparently born under a union flag).  Results from Wales took me by surprise as they have had nearly as much shit thrown at them from london as we have.

There are numerically more Engs in Wales than in Scotland and the proportionality is even greater because of Wales' smaller population. That might  have something to do with it.

13 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

This crusade was stoked up by the right wing tories who wanted blighty returned to its rightful place (in their eyes) of ruling the waves.  Imperialism for englandshire, just like the masonic overlording in Scotland, was prevalent decades and centuries ago, but this is 2019 ffs.  The voters in Scotland were sold a sick pup when the "vow" - remember when rip, rig and panic appeared over the horizon with lots of positives about staying in the union - and we were told to vote to stay if we wanted to remain in the EU.

the 9/11 FACTS don't lie and those conducting the "it was those nasty terrorists" propaganda should be brought to account before all of them die having had a comfortable, cash laden life.  

8EA66845-4656-4BBB-94AF-E06F73020807.jpeg

Anyone who does not agree with you Scottish nationalists are trolling, thick as f**k, British c***s and get called minter or the latest for me bendonover. Very mature.

Fucking lovely open, friendly,welcoming people.

This forum has opened my eyes up about you lot. Definitely not in a good way.

Anyway away to watch the cricket. Cmon England and Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Norway seems a strange arrangement to name-check as the way forward?

I suspect I'm being trolled.

For the record, Norway;

1.  Pays the EU for access to it's market

2.  Accepts the 'four freedoms' which for emphasis includes the free movement of labour

3.  Is a rule taker

Of course despite this, it doesn't have a say at the EU itself, so I can see why a Brexiteer would be all for it!

Yours

aDONis

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

Anyone who does not agree with you Scottish nationalists are trolling, thick as f**k, British c***s and get called minter or the latest for me bendonover. Very mature.

You have a nice day now  🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Have you ever moved house? (assuming you have left your maw’s spare bedroom). It’s disruptive and stressful in the short term. But sometimes it’s what needs to be done for the long term good. 

If it's for something better, yes. If you're blindly moving somewhere else that could realistically be a 2 bedroom flat in Govan when you were initially told it was Newton Mearns (something which has now been shown to have been bollocks), then probably no. 

"we said to the estate agent three years ago that we were wanting to move, and so we will move, shitehole or no shitehole"

The disagreement between the English High Court and the Scottish Inner House of the Court of Session turns on whether a court is entitled to look behind the "reasons" a Government had for asking the Queen to make an Order in Council for the prorogation of Parliament.

The High Court in England said that because this was a matter of "high policy" the answer to that question is "no".

The Court of Session in Scotland said, on the contrary, that it was entitled to do so, and further concluded that the Government's reasons were a subversion of constitutional norms and therefore unlawful ground for asking the Queen to prorogue.

The UK Supreme Court will have to decide which of these approaches is correct. Although there were some strategic reasons for litigating in Scotland in terms of the framing of petitioners' arguments, my impression is that the disagreement is not actually about a fundamental difference between Scottish and English conceptions of constitutional law. This is an area of public law where courts might reasonably differ but where position generally in the UK proceeds on fundamentally the same principles. In the interests of legal certainty, it seems likely that the UK Supreme Court will want to have a consistent approach to judicial review of prorogation throughout all parts of the UK.

Where we might face some complexities if it is found to be unlawful is in how the courts frame their remedies. The Court of Session has indicated that the the prorogation was "null and void" which would mean as far as the law is concerned Parliament was never prorogued and the 2017-19 session is still ongoing. This poses problems for Parliament because if it sits and the Supreme Court subsequently says that prorogation actually was valid, the status of Parliamentary proceedings in the interim could be called into question.

What might be a more elegant solution (if it broadly shares the view of the Scottish court that the purposes of prorogation were unlawful) would be to find a remedy that prevents a prolonged prorogation of Parliament while accepting that the proceedings to prorogue have now taken place and have already been of consequence (and that courts cannot question the validity of proceedings in Parliament). Were it for me to decide, and it isn't, I would have made an order to require the Government to ask the Queen for a proclamation under the Meeting of Parliament Act. This would require Parliament to start its new session (much) earlier than 14 October as was originally planned, and make this prorogation more like "normal" ones where its length and plausible purpose was simply to facilitate a Queen's speech.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have every sympathy with the bloke on the left.  There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

A credible independence movement has got to be uncoupled from the discredited SNP and become pluralistic in character.  Rattling the shortbread tin and screaming, "f**k off you British c**t" just won't cut the mustard.

:lol:

The only whisky soaked Scot around here is you.

32 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Pet Jeden has to be trolling. Surely no one is genuinely that thick emoji23.png

He's definitely a troll - he was schooled yesterday and disappeared, but now the subject has changed he's back on to call folk moon howlers, which is ironic given he felt the "soup drinker" patter wasn't quite up to his standard.

13 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Image result for australia retain ashes