Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Gavin Williamson says the Government will ‘look at’ laws passed by Parliament before deciding whether to actually enact them based on whether they fit in with their agenda.

Johnson will remove the whip and deselect anyone who votes against him in the coming days.

And as a reminder, the Prime Minister has suspended Parliament for five weeks so he can sort out a major national crisis entirely on his own.

This is all very normal.

Hitler would be proud of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/02/brexit-latest-news-boris-johnson-threatening-to-deselect-tory-rebels-to-provoke-early-election-claims-gauke-live-news?page=with:block-5d6cf94a8f085a442811622c#block-5d6cf94a8f085a442811622c

Corbyn to support a General Election even without legislation to block No Deal. 
He is thick enough that he may not quite understand what he is saying so some backtracking from Labour could be incoming..... "what Jeremy really meant..... "

Seriously Labour to going to the polls in a manner that made No Deal nailed on is, well his fan club will see this as more 4D chess by Corbyn but most would see this as giving the other anti Brexit parties huge open goals to shoot at. 
So if it's on 1 November he'll support it?

Utter fucking moron of a man.

It's impressive that you think that the results of an election held in June 2017 and the results of polls showing the Mumbleclown's all-time low approval figures in August 2019 occurred 'simultaneously': impressively stupid, that is. 
H_B is impressively stupid though.

Northern Rock shares anyone?

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Ian Blackford doing a great job on the live Channel 4 Brexit Debate programme.

Watch it on C4 + 1 at 8.30pm. - It's worth watching.

Started very well I thought. Best I’ve seen him in a while. He, and a few others, really have the bit between the teeth now for the significant challenges (opportunities) that lie ahead. 

Noteworthy, if an election is called then all policy announcements are stopped in the civil service and much of the work is also stopped.

Right before a No Deal blow out. 

:rolleyes:

(got this from a mate who does policy work in the civil service)

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I hope Krishnan throws out the gammon on the front row and save him from a heart attack

Much as I like Ian Blackford, he actually looks the more likely to have a heart attack.

I don't think he's been dieting during the summer recess. 

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think we are in the cliched ‘unchartered waters’ however if Parliament passes legislation which the government refuses to enact I think the courts would get involved.

This would be what we’d call a clear violation of the rule of law.

If they refused to obey a statute they would be taken to court and the court would issue a court order compelling them to comply. If they disobeyed the court order they could be prosecuted for contempt of court and imprisoned and/or fined. If it attracted a prison sentence he could be turfed out his seat.

This is fantasy island nonsense, as borne out by all the polling data on both the Labour Party and its bumbling and incompetent leader in particular. People know what they are getting with the opposition and have already decided that they don't want it. 
Is this all you post about on here these days?

Every post I read from yours is an attack on Corbyn.

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Redwood looks like a veteran actor playing the villain in a 1980s TV drama about British political corruption. It boggles the mind that he’s a real person, really involved in politics.

Private Eye’s portrayal as an alien was apt.

Once a GE is eventually called there is no guarantee it will resolve the Brexit mess.

If Johnson can cobble together a majority for a No Deal then we will still face all the issues once that happens.

If it’s a hung Parliament I don’t see much progress.  The only option then would be a second referendum and Remain would win by a small margin.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Once a GE is eventually called there is no guarantee it will resolve the Brexit mess.

If Johnson can cobble together a majority for a No Deal then we will still face all the issues once that happens.

If it’s a hung Parliament I don’t see much progress.  The only option then would be a second referendum and Remain would win by a small margin.

The Lib Dems want a referendum before an election. 

Labours position was yesterday an election at any opportunity but has been amended (perhaps) an election so long as no deal is not going to happen (I think).

Broadly, remain has a majority of the public as per polling (only valid if you accept polling) but a majority of seats may be leave. Remain is very strong in the urban centres while leave is more spread among the marginals such the midlands such as the briefly famous Peterborough. 

You can count on a big collapse of the Brexit party but I suspect a hardening of positions since 2017 would mean it would not be as big as UIKIPs fall then. 

VONC> caretaker government> new referendum seen through parliament> A50 extension negotiated> GE set for after the referendum has been my wildly silly best possible outcome for a few weeks. But what would I know. 

Broadly, remain has a majority of the public as per polling (only valid if you accept polling) but a majority of seats may be leave. Remain is very strong in the urban centres while leave is more spread among the marginals such the midlands such as the briefly famous Peterborough. 
You can count on a big collapse of the Brexit party but I suspect a hardening of positions since 2017 would mean it would not be as big as UIKIPs fall then. 

If Johnson goes towards No Deal and an election, which it looks exceptionally likely he will do, then it becomes relatively worthless for the Brexit Party to bother. There’ll undoubtedly be a pact of sorts there, with Farage standing in a Brexity heartland unopposed so he can become a Cabinet Minister.

If that does happen, Labour/Lib Dems/Greens/SNP absolutely have to get together and have a similar pact, or it’ll be a landslide. In a FPTP election there is nothing to be gained by splitting the Remain vote in what it is a de facto second referendum.