Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've been thinking about how Johnson can square the circle of the backstop, and believing as I do that he and his Cabinet have absolutely no intention of a No Deal outcome, then the backstop will be privately accepted but presented in public as some sort of 'unique and historic accord'.

That certainly won't be enough to placate the DUP but the calculus will be that the vast majority of those who voted for Brexit care much more for exiting the EU than the affairs of the Irish. And if he pulls off this trick then he will have little need of DUP votes in any future elections.

Having said that, I hope he crashes and burns spectacularly.

There's no doubt that certain elements of the press see Boris as a complete winner.

ECmqApUX4AoViTr.jpg

BBC HYS has more than its usual number of "who won the fucking war anyway" types today. 
I've been to Germany, and I've been all over the UK, and from what I've seen the answer to that question must be Germany.

In any case, when these people talk about how "we" survived the war, I'm not totally sure what side they would have been on.

On 22/08/2019 at 14:55, HTG said:

BBC HYS has more than its usual number of "who won the fucking war anyway" types today. 

I heard somebody  suggest America and Russia were involved. I guess I will have to clear that up for them.  

17 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

The main act that regulates safety of second-hand electrical goods for sale in shops is the Consumer Protection Act 1987.

Here's a copy of part of the title page. Looks like UK legislation to me

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 23.52.15.png

I dunno, that animal on the left looks like it hails from Bongo Bongo Land. 

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

I dunno, that animal on the left looks like it hails from Bongo Bongo Land. 

And I'm not sure that rhe Unicorn on the right really exists.

However, it's an official UK Government publication, so it must be true! The UK never lie to us. Fact!

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

The main act that regulates safety of second-hand electrical goods for sale in shops is the Consumer Protection Act 1987.

Here's a copy of part of the title page. Looks like UK legislation to me

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 23.52.15.png

So she is in for a shock when she tries to sell faulty electrical equipment after we have left.

Oh dear, I better stop now.

It’s North Korea levels of rabid lying shitehousery.

In football England have won the World Cup. Boris Johnson scores a hat trick as England beat Germany 5-0.
Unbelievable news on page 2 and fair play to BJ. Shoots 18 holes in 1 at St Andrews yesterday. Is there anything this guy can't achieve

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It’s North Korea levels of rabid lying shitehousery.

In football England have won the World Cup. Boris Johnson scores a hat trick as England beat Germany 5-0.

Unbelievable news on page 2 and fair play to BJ. Shoots 18 holes in 1 at St Andrews yesterday. Is there anything this guy can't achieve

Just like Kim Il Sung on his first attempt at the game. Not sure if it was St Andrews though.

20 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

And I'm not sure that rhe Unicorn on the right really exists.

However, it's an official UK Government publication, so it must be true! The UK never lie to us. Fact!

Once we leave the UK the Unicorn has gone. Presumably that's the only reason England wants to hold onto us subsidy junkies.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/english-police-could-patrol-northern-ireland-border-after-no-deal-xm7gvrqqv
This will be absolutely fine. I can't foresee any issues at all with this.

Think of the impact on Scotland’s communities losing 300 cops to patrol a border in another country to enforce a xenophobic process that no community in Scotland voted for. Madness.