Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Can you provide a link to these published proposals? Genuine question.
Is this what was spoken about - having the border in the Irish Sea or technology based on the south / north border?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-exit-avoiding-a-hard-border-in-northern-ireland-in-a-no-deal-scenario

24 minutes ago, strichener said:

15 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
24 minutes ago, strichener said:

How would they impose tariffs as required by the WTO?

The WTO doesn't require the UK to impose (or more pertinently enforce) tarrifs on Irish imports. 

It just requires that imports from all other members are treated equally.

That means we have to let stuff from, for example, China, Columbia, Congo or Afghanistan through with a remote declaration and no check at the border. 

So we can do all that stuff at the Irish border so long as we don't have any other real borders. No probs. 

The WTO doesn't require the UK to impose (or more pertinently enforce) tarrifs on Irish imports. 
It just requires that imports from all other members are treated equally.
That means we have to let stuff from, for example, China, Columbia, Congo or Afghanistan through with a remote declaration and no check at the border. 
So we can do all that stuff at the Irish border so long as we don't have any other real borders. No probs. 
So long as we let every other country dump their stuff in the uk tariff-free we have no need for a NI border. Utter madness.

There’ll still be Lib Dems arguing “you need to look beyond the 2010 coalition. Don’t people deserve a second chance?” when Jo Swinson is Minister for the Workhouses and Liquidating the Feckless Poor.

It's bad enough with thatcherite Swinson at the helm now wee Willie is giving it the Scotlandshire region of Greater England.  

kYSLyYyh_bigger.jpg
The lessons of Brexit are the lessons for independence – breaking up is hard to do. My new piece on Scottish Labour and why Scotland’s place in our country should never be a subsidiary part of a deal to get the keys to Downing Street.

48 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I’m choking to get her into bed tbh.

^^^ this.

Would love her to talk filth into my ear as we were doing it.

'I'm going to f**k you like Maggie fucked our working class communities Hendo'

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:
It's bad enough with thatcherite Swinson at the helm now wee Willie is giving it the Scotlandshire region of Greater England.  

kYSLyYyh_bigger.jpg
The lessons of Brexit are the lessons for independence – breaking up is hard to do. My new piece on Scottish Labour and why Scotland’s place in our country should never be a subsidiary part of a deal to get the keys to Downing Street.

I don’t know why, but seeing an article called a “piece” automatically makes me want to roundhouse him in the p***k.