Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think MPs and their staff deserve to have holidays but there is something bizarre about Parliament going into recess for six weeks given the Brexit timetable and the fact that a new  PM will be appointed just before the break.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think MPs and their staff deserve to have holidays but there is something bizarre about Parliament going into recess for six weeks given the Brexit timetable and the fact that a new  PM will be appointed just before the break.

I would be more inclined to use the word "shambolic"

24 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I know we live in interesting times politically, but could someone explain to me how this  is a vote-winner?

It really does beggar belief.

And Hunt is reckoned to be the more sensible of the two candidates.

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I know we live in interesting times politically, but could someone explain to me how this  is a vote-winner?

If my family business was to go bust I’d be happy for him to come and look me in the eye and tell me it was worth it.

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

He is trying to win the votes of Tory members.

Hunt will never go for No Deal as PM. He is as straight down the line corporate as you get.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

He is trying to win the votes of Tory members.

Hunt will never go for No Deal as PM. He is as straight down the line corporate as you get.

No, still don't get it.  What Tory is going to approve what he said?

The guy who wants to lead the 'Party of Business' says it's ok for  companies to go tits up  for an idealogical cause. 

Companies that have been started from scratch, found a niche, maybe depended on European trade, planned long term with their budgeting and expansion are now fair game to be sacrificed in order to shoehorn Brexit through by October?

I just want someone to explain how a potential Tory PM can justify such comments. 

9 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Yeah, fair point. I was only thinking of the business side of things. 

A lot of them used to run small businesses but they're retired now so they don't give a f**k. Hatred for the young and "foreigners" has consumed them. 

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It's a reasonable point to make in any other time, but they've realised this is their chance to build a white nationalist utopia and almost nothing will persuade them it's not a good idea.

There seems to be an element on the left hoping for something similar, maybe without the "white" part, but equally keen on a stop to immigration.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It's a reasonable point to make in any other time, but they've realised this is their chance to build a white nationalist utopia and almost nothing will persuade them it's not a good idea.

So it's full circle from 2016. Make Britain Great (and white) Again. 

I get that, it just seems strange for a high ranking Tory to be so casual about sacrificing family companies. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He doesn't mean it, not sure if that is better or worse. He's just trying to win an election with an extremely right wing constituency.

Whether he meant it or not, he's got  to have been coached . 

This is the age of rolling news and Twitter. Mud tends to stick. 

Just now, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Whether he meant it or not, he's got  to have been coached . 

This is the age of rolling news and Twitter. Mud tends to stick. 

He running against a man whose catchphrase is "f**k business", and is far ahead in the polls. What can he lose?

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There seems to be an element on the left hoping for something similar, maybe without the "white" part, but keen on a stop to immigration.

Popular topic of conversation here in the leafy suburbs of Accrington, is the length of time it takes to get an appointment with a doctor or dentist. No prizes for guessing what gets blamed for that.

One thing invariably overlooked is the fact that most of the GP's and dentists practicing in this area are Asian, or of Asian decent. I for one, would hate to see them pack their bags and head back home. 

The subliminal message, in an election where ruling out a no deal brexit would be suicidal, is that he's being honest about how disastrous a no deal brexit would be, so trust him, he'll find a way out of it but that other mad b*****d would actually do it. Vote Hunt!