Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Think that's what the ERG and other hard brexiteers want, pass the blame onto the EU, get the thick bigots up in arms. 

Oh, I know. The ERG would be delighted, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the UK Government aren't in control of whether or not the UK leaves without a deal.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

All it takes is for one EU state to refuse to extend the brexit date again, and the UK will be out without a deal (assuming, of course that the UK parliament refused to withdraw Article 50)

I mentioned on another thread that it will eventually come down to another referendum with just 1 question. 

Viz....

Should the UK leave the EU without a deal, or should Article 50 be revoked and the UK remain a member of the EU?

It's a fairly straightforward question and with any luck, the English might understand it.

9 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Think that's what the ERG and other hard brexiteers want, pass the blame onto the EU, get the thick bigots up in arms. 

And day 1 of negotiations after a hard brexit, the EU will say, ok, we can work on a trade deal, but first you have to agree to an Irish backstop.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I mentioned on another thread that it will eventually come down to another referendum with just 1 question. 

Viz....

Should the UK leave the EU without a deal, or should Article 50 be revoked and the UK remain a member of the EU?

It's a fairly straightforward question and with any luck, the English might understand it.

I would dread the result of that particular referendum...

Option 1 is effectively the Brexit Party's position.

Edited by lichtgilphead
clarification

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

That's effectively the Brexit Party's position.

I would like to think that common sense might prevail - especially in England where they previously voted in substantial numbers to Leave.

I honestly believe they didn't know or understand what they were voting for.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I would like to think that common sense might prevail - especially in England where they previously voted in substantial numbers to Leave.

I honestly believe they didn't know or understand what they were voting for.

And apparently, they still don't.

Apparently up to 1 in 5 leave voters still think that "no deal" means that the status quo will continue and the UK will stay in.

I despair.

8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Option 1 is effectively the Brexit Party's position.

I can't see there being a deal to go on a ballot paper before October 31st. Unless May goes into hiding in the Welsh hills till June 7th and comes back with Merlin.

I can't see there being a deal to go on a ballot paper before October 31st. Unless May goes into hiding in the Welsh hills till June 7th and comes back with Merlin.
If she disappears into the hills, hopefully its more of a Rip Van Winkle story. 20 years should about see the horrible c**t to her maker

It's astonishing that the Tory right-wing thinks that be removing May the Brexit process will suddenly gain some traction.  It matters not one jot who takes over, the problems will remain at least as insurmountable, and possibly worse if the EU decides to play serious hardball with a more belligerent and arrogant individual than the hapless May.

Bring it on, I've been saying for months that the whole farrago may have all been worthwhile if it results in the Tory Party being smashed into splinters.  And I'm also willing to bet that  the national mood is becoming more Remain-centric as realities like British Steel begin to stack up - you only have to look daily at how the pendulum has swung on the BBC's HYS.  The Brexiteers know this and their desperation to try and rush the outcome will be their undoing.

Tomorrow's electoral outcome will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

I did get a laugh out of the LBC reporters claiming that Mundell was going to meet with her to tell her “to her face that she had to go”.

I have no trouble believing that May, desperate as she is for allies, sees Fluffy in the same way that the rest of us do - as a turd that will not flush.