Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Thanks for that :

Gove says he has 'huge admiration' for Boris Johnson

In 2016, during the Conservative leadership contest, Michael Govefamously declared that, on the basis of his experience as Boris Johnson’s campaign manager, he had concluded that Johnson was not fit to be prime minister.

Now Gove has a different view. Asked about the prospect of a Johnson premiership, he said:

"My view is that Boris served as foreign secretary with distinction. I enjoyed working with him. I have huge admiration for him ...

Boris Johnson is a Conservative of flair, elan, distinction and intellect. I think Boris will make his case and it’s important that we give him the chance to make his case".

What a 2 faced c**t.

More Brexit related job loses as British Steel officially enters insolvency

British Steel's troubles have been linked to a slump in orders from European customers ‎due to uncertainty over the Brexit process.

The firm has also been struggling with the weakness of the pound since the EU referendum in June 2016 and the escalating US-China trade war.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48365241

Turkeys voting for Christmas

https://www.northlincs.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/EU-Referendum-declaration-of-count-totals-North-Lincs.pdf

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/eu-referendum-teesside-votes-overwhelmingly-11518440

Still Blue Passports

I'm not entirely sure British Steel's collapse can be pinned as "Brexit related". That said, lording it over Brexit voters because they've lost their jobs misses the underlying reason as to why they voted for Brexit (and if anything, this will only strengthen their resolve).

12 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Rather than Brexit, I'd actually blame the UK laws which permit and in fact encourage asset stripping.

I recently posted an article on Greybull which was written in 2017 and it foretold this exact outcome, although it wouldn't have taken the brain of Britain to see this was only going to go one way.

By the same token we have Oliver doing the exact same where he loads all his troublesome ventures under one umbrella, writes them off and walks away, but continues to trade his good companies under the others.

Meanwhile the daftie tax payer picks up the tab for redundancy payments, pension bail outs and subsequent unemployment benefits and the likes of Oliver and our French hedgefund friends sail off into the sunset in their superyachts................

Edited by WATTOO

May absolutely clinging on by the fingernails now. She's' been by far the most  embarrassing, totally out of her depth PM ever.

She should have faced down the hard Brexiteers a long time ago, but didn't. Her time is well and truly up.

Although, the next PM has a real chance to out do her in embarrassment and ineptitude  - which is kind of amazing when you think about it   

6 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

May absolutely clinging on by the fingernails now. She's' been by far the most  embarrassing, totally out of her depth PM ever.

She should have faced down the hard Brexiteers a long time ago, but didn't. Her time is well and truly up.

Although, the next PM has a real chance to out do her in embarrassment and ineptitude  - which is kind of amazing when you think about it   

I think she might even resign this afternoon.

If any good might come from this, it will be that Boris will be her successor, and if that doesn't trigger Indy2 and a huge majority for Scottish Independence nothing will.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Wild that this article doesn't mention the £20million/year self dealing Greybull has been doing. Brexit doesn't help but British Steel is fucked because it's being loaded with debt and squeezed for income by a private equity with a track record of killing businesses doing this.

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'm not entirely sure British Steel's collapse can be pinned as "Brexit related". That said, lording it over Brexit voters because they've lost their jobs misses the underlying reason as to why they voted for Brexit (and if anything, this will only strengthen their resolve).

Undoubtedly it isn't the only reason, but it is a factor. There were a myriad of reasons why people voted for Brexit, but whatever their reasons we are starting to see the real consequences of it.

I'm utterly scunnered at what is happening with this country to the point where I don't care anymore. We deserve absolutely everything we get. After all it is what the country voted for.

The middle classes will never rock the boat because they are comfortable, the working classes will continue to get ground into the dirt. This is never going to change. And the ones at the bottom will blame everything else other than the ones who are causing the problems.

Call me a bitter auld c**t (I'll freely admit to that) but the UK is disappearing down the pan quicker than my last dump and with the people in charge it's going to get a whole lot worse. It is my view that it will never recover. We're heading back to a Victorian way of life.

Will independence save us, even if Scotland doesn't shite it again(It probably will) do I have confidence that the same style of country won't appear here? Not anymore I don't. I used to but not anymore. 

In short...I'm out

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I think she might even resign this afternoon.

If any good might come from this, it will be that Boris will be her successor, and if that doesn't trigger Indy2 and a huge majority for Scottish Independence nothing will.

1922 committee meeting today in talks of another confidence vote. She's finished and she MUST know that now.

What she is trying to gain by staying on now is a mystery to me as the only road left to her is even more humiliation. 

20 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Undoubtedly it isn't the only reason, but it is a factor. There were a myriad of reasons why people voted for Brexit, but whatever their reasons we are starting to see the real consequences of it.

I'm utterly scunnered at what is happening with this country to the point where I don't care anymore. We deserve absolutely everything we get. After all it is what the country voted for.

The middle classes will never rock the boat because they are comfortable, the working classes will continue to get ground into the dirt. This is never going to change. And the ones at the bottom will blame everything else other than the ones who are causing the problems.

Call me a bitter auld c**t (I'll freely admit to that) but the UK is disappearing down the pan quicker than my last dump and with the people in charge it's going to get a whole lot worse. It is my view that it will never recover. We're heading back to a Victorian way of life.

Will independence save us, even if Scotland doesn't shite it again(It probably will) do I have confidence that the same style of country won't appear here? Not anymore I don't. I used to but not anymore. 

In short...I'm out

I do believe we're heading for a worldwide recession which will hit us particularly hard due to the fact that we're just a service industry, Trump will of course have played his part with his short termism and lack of understanding of basic Economics, however it will be mainly down to globalisation and the favoured boom or bust / rich or poor extremist measures of this form of uber capitalism which is currently favoured by those in power (obviously because they are the beneficiaries) across the developed world.

Like everything though it will come to an end and In some respects maybe a terrible recession is what's required in order to reboot the thinking of those in our Governments and those who pull their strings in big business.

Like you say though, we are indeed heading back to Victorian times with the economic gulf widening by the day, where we even have diseases linked with severe poverty making a comeback after being eradicated long ago. Our own Government seem oblivious / ignorant of these facts or perhaps they just don't care, but whatever the reason it's been a huge catalyst in the disillusionment seen throughout our electorate, it's manifested itself in Brexit and has brought us to our current juncture as regards our broken political system.

Forgive me if I'm coming across like Private Frazer, but I do indeed think we're doomed.............

40 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

1922 committee meeting today in talks of another confidence vote. She's finished and she MUST know that now.

What she is trying to gain by staying on now is a mystery to me as the only road left to her is even more humiliation. 

If she is in power for another 6 days then she has been in office longer than Gordon Brown - i think something as petty as that is what is keeping her from resigning.

16 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

If she is in power for another 6 days then she has been in office longer than Gordon Brown - i think something as petty as that is what is keeping her from resigning.

Petty things that get on your nerves thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

In short...I'm out

This should cheer you up, fellow auld-yin....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48354692

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Waiting until the month of June to avoid all the obvious jokes!

Guest Bob Mahelp
36 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Mark Francois waits until May starts her Brexit speech before walking out right in front of her, the fat fucking glorified cadet emoji38.png

Apparently he was boasting about killing IRA terrorists.

He's a true f*cking raging dingbat.

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

In terms of facing down hard liners, I suspect that was one of her reasons for calling the election in 2017. Obviously the view was that Labour were in disarray. She needed an increased majority both to deal with Gina Miller and dissenters in her own party  at both ends  - Soubry to Rees Mogg. 

It wasn't an unfair conclusion to draw but I don't think anyone could have foreseen just how abject she'd be in the campaign that followed. That was her true disgrace. Being an awkward boot with a black hole for a heart was in her DNA. Failing to pump a Labour party at war with itself was a testament to her people skills. To be fair to her, since then, she's shown that she didn't just f**k up one campaign because she lacked any empathy at all. She's fucked up everything since for the same reasons. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

MP’s would be as well putting an amendment to the bill for a 2nd Ref than they would be taking May’s offer. @Londonwell (messed up quote)

Not trying to argue but this was a comment on the Guardian live page today. 

Agreeing to hold a vote on a second referendum is a very limited concession. In fact, given that the opposition could table a second referendum amendment anyway that would probably be put to a vote, you can argue that as an offer it is almost meaningless.

But in her speech yesterday May said, if MPs voted for a second referendum, the government would implement the legislation necessary for it to happen. That is a much firmer commitment, because a single vote on an amendment to legislation would probably on its own not be enough to make a referendum happen. Normally you would need a referendum bill, which would only become law if a government allowed time for it to be passed.

And if the vote failed on a 2nd ref they could just vote down the bill on the third reading. I realise this is almost certainly theoretical.

Edited by welshbairn