Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I had switched over as she started and was flummoxed by how often she kept glancing up-was she looking for inspiration as the Vicar's daughter? was she looking out for milkshakes? Was she looking to see if anyone was really superior to her? It put me off listening and it was only later that I found it was in PWC building and all the employees had been rounded up to suffer. The content will take a wee while to grasp but I can't see her getting this strategy through as who would trust a departing PM to deliver anything. 

45 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Oh I don't know, Nicholas Clegg is still up there. Not to mention one David Cameron.

Yes they made mistakes; huge mistakes.  They didn’t keep making the same mistake over and over again without apparently learning anything.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes they made mistakes; huge mistakes.  They didn’t keep making the same mistake over and over again without apparently learning anything.

They didn't get a chance to do that!

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I'm always disappointed someone doesn't do a career ending GIRUY on camera when this sort of thing is put on.

very often the employees look really fed up ; if it were a career ending for May I would be happy. I had listened to John McDonnell on Ch 4 and as he rambled on about how clear Labour were on Brexit, he said they would oppose Theresa Dales Meal.   

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

May must have the worst judgment of any politician ever.

There are also dozens of Tory MPs who campaigned for Brexit, not because they really wanted it to happen, but because it would improve their popularity in the Tory Party.

Boris Johnson is an obvious example.

I do wonder if May will call a general election as a final “f**k you” for politicians who didn’t back her deal in hope that the ones in Leave areas will lose.
She can call what she likes but 2/3 of parliament won't vote for a GE, so she'll just look even more stupid....if that's actually possible

17 hours ago, strichener said:

Was he?  You'll be able to provide evidence that it wasn't his own decision?

Can you provide evidence to the contrary?

Nobody knows what the exact terms of him leaving are. But usually when you get an official press statement from politicians regarding such matters, they lie through their arses to try and protect the integrity of the parliament.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd like to hear your more achievable route to a second referendum. 

Your misunderstanding of this is quite something.

MP’s would be as well putting an amendment to the bill for a 2nd Ref than they would be taking May’s offer. It’s a nothing offer that stands absolutely no chance of getting anywhere and has actually remarkably put her in a worse position than before. To argue otherwise is quite stupid really I’m afraid.

Edited by Londonwell

20 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Your misunderstanding of this is quite something.

MP’s would be as well putting an amendment to the bill for a 2nd Ref than they would be taking May’s offer. It’s a nothing offer that stands absolutely no chance of getting anywhere and has actually remarkably put her in a worse position than before. To argue otherwise is quite stupid really I’m afraid.

Not working for an MP, I'll bow to your expertise. 

Less than 24 hours after May's speech and Gove is talking ambiguously about whether May's amended bill will be put before parliament and also declaring his "huge admiration" for Boris Johnson who may  or may not remember his last leadership bid being derailed by Gove three years ago.

39 minutes ago, btb said:

Less than 24 hours after May's speech and Gove is talking ambiguously about whether May's amended bill will be put before parliament and also declaring his "huge admiration" for Boris Johnson who may  or may not remember his last leadership bid being derailed by Gove three years ago.

Got a link for this?

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not working for an MP, I'll bow to your expertise. 

Sorry if that came across arsey, just read it back and i must have got out of bed on the wrong side. But anyway, even if you have a look at what politicians of all colours are saying following her speech yesterday it’s obvious the deal is doomed, it doesn’t take being an expert. She’d be as well pulling the vote and saving herself yet more embarrassment.