Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

49 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

_107015182_farage.jpg

Nanny-statist attack on the god-given right to have a milkshake.  The only way to stop a bad man with a milkshake is to give the good guys milkshakes.

This must be the left wing communism that Farage and his friends keep going on about. I wonder if he'll come out and demand that the state stop telling businesses what they can and can't sell.

On 5/20/2019 at 15:17, BawWatchin said:

Do you honestly think it was his own personal choice to leave? He was more than likely hounded out of the party but made it look like a resignation to try and save face.

Was he?  You'll be able to provide evidence that it wasn't his own decision?

Theresa May out with the begging bowl in her speech here. Standing in front of a sign saying “seeking common ground in Parliament”, whilst not daring  to give the speech in eh...Parliament. She’s some wummin.

Edited by Londonwell

17 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Theresa May out with the begging bowl in her speech here. Standing in front of a sign saying “seeking common ground in Parliament”, whilst not daring  to give the speech in eh...Parliament. She’s some wummin.

Makes sense, she has to win over individual MPs, not parties. Better for them to consider her offer on their own rather than with knee jerk reactions from shouty people in Parliament. Plenty time for that when the bill is introduced.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Makes sense, she has to win over individual MPs, not parties. Better for them to consider her offer on their own rather than with knee jerk reactions from shouty people in Parliament. Plenty time for that when the bill is introduced.

None of this makes any sense. She has absolutely zero chance of getting her deal through, she's wasting everyone's time and has been for ages. Never write that she makes sense ever again, please, thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

None of this makes any sense. She has absolutely zero chance of getting her deal through, she's wasting everyone's time and has been for ages. Never write that she makes sense ever again, please, thank you. 

Sorry. I'd give it a 25% chance. Some of the 2nd ref folk might think it's the only way they'll get one, especially with Boris likely taking over. Labour leavers would go for it, and there's a faint chance the DUP might be mollified, though I doubt the last one. And she'll get most of the non ERG Tories.

Which vote will come first?/ The withdrawal agreement or the 2nd referendum?

You'd need to have a decision on what the question on the 2nd referendum would be. 

Personally, I'd have 2 ballot papers. First one says Brexit/No Brexit. 2nd paper says May's Deal/No Deal. The 2nd vote will only be counted if the first one is a vote for Brexit.

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Which vote will come first?/ The withdrawal agreement or the 2nd referendum?

You'd need to have a decision on what the question on the 2nd referendum would be. 

Personally, I'd have 2 ballot papers. First one says Brexit/No Brexit. 2nd paper says May's Deal/No Deal. The 2nd vote will only be counted if the first one is a vote for Brexit.

They'd set it in motion by passing the 2nd reading with an amendment to hold a 2nd referendum before it's due to be finally passed, or not. Might be wrong about that.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Sorry. I'd give it a 25% chance. Some of the 2nd ref folk might think it's the only way they'll get one, especially with Boris likely taking over. Labour leavers would go for it, and there's a faint chance the DUP might be mollified, though I doubt the last one. And she'll get most of the non ERG Tories.

Rubbish.

I say it will be just as heavily voted down, if not more so, than all her other pathetic attempts - and deservedly so. I doubt very much if any labour members will support it - whether leavers or remainers.

To offer a vote (in the house) on another referendum if Parliament votes her deal through is, quite simply, blackmail.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, you’re miles out here. There’s not a chance.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The  most hilarious thing about this clusterfuck is watching Ruth Davidson and her pathetic wee band of Scottish Tories get torpedoed from all sides. 

First of all Fromage and the bigots are taking away 80% of the Tory vote, and then May completely destroys Buffalo Bob's 'no more referendums' garbage. 

This has become good viewing. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You've been spectacularly wrong with every single one of your 14 million hot takes on here, so I think we can safely file this one in the bin where it belongs as well. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

You've been spectacularly wrong with every single one of your 14 million hot takes on here, so I think we can safely file this one in the bin where it belongs as well. 

I'd like to hear your more achievable route to a second referendum. 

Edited by welshbairn

Absolute f*cking pish. Only one-side ever used populist lies and garbage to attract the ignorant and bigoted.
I realise that you and your like are creaming your UJ scants at the thought of the likes of Farage grabbing some kind of power, but in reality it'll never happen. He only speaks for a minority of people in the country, even in England, and he'll soon disappear once again up his own arsehole. 
Too bad. 

And what about the lies and garbage the mainstream parties spotted against Scottish independence

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd like to hear your more achievable route to a second referendum. 

The second referendum will have a stark and easy to understand question :

Do you want the UK to leave the EU without a deal, or should Brexit be revoked?

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

The second referendum will have a stark and easy to understand question :

Do you want the UK to leave the EU without a deal, or should Brexit be revoked?

Yeah, but how do you get the referendum?