Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I received my French EU leaflets today, one of which is from the Frexit party which believes that France pays too much, is being ripped off by the other member states and should go it alone and restore its former power and status in the world.

Sound familiar?

IMG_20190520_113046.jpg

On 5/16/2019 at 21:34, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 5/16/2019 at 19:27, beefybake said:
Just been watching Farage being skewered on Channel 4 news.
This is the kind of stuff that the BBC ought to be doing, but never will.  

Saw that on Facebook earlier. Some of the comments from the Brexit supporters was quite nauseating, especially if these people are in a silent majority down south. Asking why they were out to get him, why they wouldn't ask about the election, saying that all politicians have ties to dodgy folk (which is a fair enough comment, although most of them don't portray themselves as men/women of the people), going on about pro Remain bias in the media (especially the BBC[sic]) etc. I think I liked the BBC Cymru guy better as he kept it to "policy" rather than verging on what people might call "personal".

I genuinely think he's going to become PM.

I see a lot of people describing him as a bit of a buffoon but you can definitely see that he's found a way to articulate himself and present things in a way that is very powerful to those types, it's like a totally different reality for them.

He was doing interviews recently about his idea of the political party and what I found quite worrying was that he was pretty much taking this no manifesto thing as an actual policy and articulating it in a way of implying honesty from it. You can't run for President in this country but he's basically setting himself up as a CEO of a big machine that will always agree with him (which is where the UK diverges as the leaders don't generally have absolute control over party) and starting from scratch.

If they ramp up campaigning, they could genuinely be a majority government with a little bit over 30% of the vote in 2022. People talk about FPTP but the independence vote in Scotland completely changed things up here and broke the system, I don't see why it can't happen nation wide.

Let's be honest, there's a huge amount of Tory members who are far-right but have spent years basically compromising with themselves to get a sniff at power. It's their wet dream to have a new brand started from scratch with some marketability among the working class and this whole 'Brexit betrayal' concept is as perfect a chance as they will ever get.

On 16/05/2019 at 19:27, beefybake said:

Just been watching Farage being skewered on Channel 4 news.

This is the kind of stuff that the BBC ought to be doing, but never will.  

On 16/05/2019 at 19:38, welshbairn said:

Andrew Marr did a decent job on Sunday. Watch the full thing, not the Leave.com edit.

I don't know how anyone can watch that interview and think Farage got skewered, Marr got skelped then resorted to bringing up things that no longer matter, every interview with Farage that resorts to what was said before the EU referendum is only wasting time that could be used to grill/discredit Farage, it might end up being a choice between Bojo and Farage somewhere down the line.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

You mean like the lies told during the brexit campaign?

Yes, they're long gone, every Tory and Labour MP stood on a manifesto of delivering Brexit, they haven't managed it, Farage has no interest in anything Remainers has to say, he's playing to the audience that he's interested in while Marr & Co are looking like Jim Murphy and his mob when they didn't realise their support was evaporating.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yes, they're long gone, every Tory and Labour MP stood on a manifesto of delivering Brexit, they haven't managed it, Farage has no interest in anything Remainers has to say, he's playing to the audience that he's interested in while Marr & Co are looking like Jim Murphy and his mob when they didn't realise their support was evaporating.

That's good to know then.

Politicans can just lie their way through any referendum or election...... winning is all that matters. Then we can just swiftly move on and forget about all the lies spouted as things increasingly turn to shit.

Democracy

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That's good to know then.

Politicans can just lie their way through any referendum or election...... winning is all that matters. Then we can just swiftly move on and forget about all the lies spouted as things increasingly turn to shit.

Democracy

As I've said before, both sides lied, it actually doesn't matter now as May has made such a riproaring c**t of it, Farage is/will only speaking/speak to those of his persuasion, IMO there's an awful lot of them down south and all the REMAIN parties will be fighting over the other block which my well be in the majority now, he's not even started and the polls are getting interesting already.

Edited by ayrmad

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

As I've said before, both sides lied, it actually doesn't matter now as May has made such a riproaring c**t of it, Farage is/will only speaking/speak to those of his persuasion, IMO there's an awful lot of them down south and all the REMAIN parties will be fighting over the other block which my well be in the majority now, he's not even started and the polls are getting interesting already.

Absolute f*cking pish. Only one-side ever used populist lies and garbage to attract the ignorant and bigoted.

I realise that you and your like are creaming your UJ scants at the thought of the likes of Farage grabbing some kind of power, but in reality it'll never happen. He only speaks for a minority of people in the country, even in England, and he'll soon disappear once again up his own arsehole. 

Too bad. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
0_Farage-milkshake.jpg&key=3eb51b215fc07f5f0f9544f59cbb109cf5881821cd38d4659092d65ea3a00b0b
SEC_68502890.jpg?quality=90%26strip=all%26zoom=1%26resize=644,338%26ssl=1&key=5facdaa49c1d74c80c2dbd0bd8c994f26e23e5b45bb28a097e16f5db495dc977

Shocking scenes of violence. The person who through that milkshake is every bit as bad as the Charlottesville man boys with the tiki torches. Both sides need to learn, etc, etc.*

*By this I mean ha ha ha.

Edited by Savage Henry
Threw, not through, obviously. Can't seem to edit it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

£5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake apparently. The horror....

Up there with the murder of Jo Cox.

Both sides are equally guilty.