Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Seen a wee snippet of the news last night. Amazing that they keep managing to find people who "voted to leave" who either (a) would vote to leave if there was a second referendum or (b) don't support a second referendum and think the government should just "get on with it", usually because it would be an affront to democracy.

19 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Probably rash and completely personal prediction, but May's withdrawal agreement will be ratified.

She might not be Prime Minister when it happens. It might not be accompanied by the same political declaration. But the withdrawal agreement will be ratified.

My best guess though is that it won't be by 31 October 2019.

I think that's the way it is heading too, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Seen a wee snippet of the news last night. Amazing that they keep managing to find people who "voted to leave" who either (a) would vote to leave if there was a second referendum or (b) don't support a second referendum and think the government should just "get on with it", usually because it would be an affront to democracy.

Was this on a Scottish News channel, and if so where?

It certainly wouldn't be difficult to find any amount of the categories you've described above anywhere in the N.W of England, but I'm surprised if such groups would be quite so easily found in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Whether you like it or not the reason they keep finding people who think this is because a lot of people think this.

27 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Whether you like it or not the reason they keep finding people who think this is because a lot of people think this.

Perhaps, but as someone who watches a lot of of BBC news programmes there is no doubt in my mind that the state broadcaster disproportionally seeks out Leave voters.  The reasons for that are unlikely to be bias per se, with it more likely being that since the Gilligan/David Kelly imbroglio the BBC has been shit feart of any sort of controversy and backlash, so better just go with who is shouting the loudest.  Leavers tend to be more vocal and rabid in a depessingly entertaining way, so it's all much easier to pitch up at an open-air market stall in Oldham than have some pointy-head sientist in Cambridge talking absolute sense and have the most of the country reach for the remote.

34 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Leavers tend to be more vocal and rabid in a depessingly entertaining way, so it's all much easier to pitch up at an open-air market stall in Oldham than have some pointy-head sientist in Cambridge talking absolute sense and have the most of the country reach for the remote.

There's plenty of gobshite Remainers out there anaw, mate. Some of them aren't even scientists either.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm getting really bored these days of the phone in radio stations (LBC to name one) that give callers airtime who constantly say things like...

"the ballot in the 2016 referendum said Leave the EU, it didn't say how or in what way, we voted to Leave"

Maybe a bit of PTTGOYN from me...

56 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I'm getting really bored these days of the phone in radio stations (LBC to name one) that give callers airtime who constantly say things like...

"the ballot in the 2016 referendum said Leave the EU, it didn't say how or in what way, we voted to Leave"

Maybe a bit of PTTGOYN from me...

Put one of these people in the cockpit of a plane.  "Right we're off to America. Up, over, down.  Get on with it! Oh and I'm not going - bye."

Looking really forward to the next sportsman caught taking performance enhancing substances.

All the pro Brexit mob will no doubt be telling us we already had the race and he won. Doesn't matter if he cheated.

Great example to set for future generations

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, NotThePars said:
There's plenty of gobshite Remainers out there anaw, mate. Some of them aren't even scientists either.

So why aren't they given the airtime a 52/48 outcome would demand ?

They have. It's called the Independent Group. :)

6 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Looking really forward to the next sportsman caught taking performance enhancing substances.

All the pro Brexit mob will no doubt be telling us we already had the race and he won. Doesn't matter if he cheated.

Great example to set for future generations

Rangers won all those titles on the park, M9.