Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

You can also add that some Labour voters voted Leave in the complete absence of any guidance from their own party.
If Corbyn believes that campaigning for something will achieve some good, he should also realise that not campaigning or lukewarm campaigning will have the opposite effect.
As for Corbyn wanting it all to go away - after Brexit, there will some other distraction that will get in the way of his great plans.
There always will be.
Not sure that Corbyn has the capability tbh. Yes he's a smart guy but as always been more suited as a Rebel as opposed to a leader. James Connolly he is not.

I dislike Tom Watson and much of what he stands for but he’s spot on about Labour’s position on Brexit.

Is there anyone in the PLP who is genuinely left wing, capable and has a more rational approach to Brexit?

I dislike Tom Watson and much of what he stands for but he’s spot on about Labour’s position on Brexit.
Is there anyone in the PLP who is genuinely left wing, capable and has a more rational approach to Brexit?

Tom Watson claims today that this is not the time for Labour to be 'sitting on the fence'. Funny, I was sure someone on here was recently posting the exact opposite.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Tom Watson claims today that this is not the time for Labour to be 'sitting on the fence'. Funny, I was sure someone on here was recently posting the exact opposite.

Probably Tom Watson...

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Watson, Adonis and the other right wingers are using the European elections and Brexit generally to try and splinter Corbyn's base.

Brexit is a Tory issue until there is a GE. Labour need to stick with the 2017 position and the 2018 conference motion.

Edited by Detournement

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Watson, Adonis and the other right wingers are using the European elections and Brexit generally to try and splinter Corbyn's base.

Brexit is a Tory issue until there is a GE. Labour need to stick with the 2017 position and the 2018 conference motion.

So they've tried a Customs Union and close alignment with the Single Market. Almost definitely failed. VONC and General Election, failed. So a second referendum it is.  

I'm not remotely right wing but I'd willingly split Corbyn's base with a hatchet if I could. And whilst the Tories dragged the country into this Brexit mess, to paraphrase a charlatan of yesteryear we really now are all in this together. You increasingly come across as someone who values ideological purity above all else, a self-indulgent flaw which you must please excuse in the rest of us.

Watson, Adonis and the other right wingers are using the European elections and Brexit generally to try and splinter Corbyn's base. Brexit is a Tory issue until there is a GE. Labour need to stick with the 2017 position and the 2018 conference motion.

They haven't stuck to the 2017 General Election manifesto or the 2018 conference position though. 

Not just in relation to a second referendum but also FoM and the SM.

Probably rash and completely personal prediction, but May's withdrawal agreement will be ratified.

She might not be Prime Minister when it happens. It might not be accompanied by the same political declaration. But the withdrawal agreement will be ratified.

My best guess though is that it won't be by 31 October 2019.