Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd go for 

A) May's deal

B) Remain

C) Hit yourself in the face with a brick

I reckon C would get more than A in the first choice preferences.

Anyway, looks like May will go for MV4 after the Easter break unless Bercow tells her to f**k off.

Edited by Granny Danger

5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
I reckon C would get more than A in the first choice preferences.
Anyway, looks like May will go for MV4 after the Easter break unless Bercow tells her to f**k off.

Can't the hopeless crone bring it back anyway, in a new session?

Aye you could be correct, sometimes the archaic rules of Parliament escape me.

I can’t help but think that MV4 will get defeated anyway.  The definition of insanity etc.

Aye you could be correct, sometimes the archaic rules of Parliament escape me.
I can’t help but think that MV4 will get defeated anyway.  The definition of insanity etc.

A fourth failure would be fucking hilarious. I imagine the Hardline Brexiters will be fucking seething and vote against, along with the DUP

A fourth failure would be fucking hilarious. I imagine the Hardline Brexiters will be fucking seething and vote against, along with the DUP
The Confidence and Supply agreement is up at the end of this session as well. No guarantee the DUP will chose to continue with it. That could mean a VonC so May looks to be going sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

The Confidence and Supply agreement is up at the end of this session as well. No guarantee the DUP will chose to continue with it. That could mean a VonC so May looks to be going sooner rather than later.

If that's the case then she's fucked. The DUP won't want an election any more than the conservatives. But they won't support a leader who only wants to repeat the same thing theykeep voting down. But they might make it clear they'll continue current arrangements with a new leader. 

May could of course end up being kept in post by Labour rather than the DUP if current talks yield any sort of outcome. 

By far the most logical way to conduct a multi-option referendum would be one question with STV, but considering the UK’s attachment to FPTP that would cause an alarming number of exploding heads among the electorate.

51 minutes ago, HTG said:

If that's the case then she's fucked. The DUP won't want an election any more than the conservatives. But they won't support a leader who only wants to repeat the same thing theykeep voting down. But they might make it clear they'll continue current arrangements with a new leader. 

May could of course end up being kept in post by Labour rather than the DUP if current talks yield any sort of outcome. 

The only chance the ERG have of getting what they want is through a General Election or a referendum. Replacing May with a rabid Brexiteer would accomplish nothing, they'd have less chance of getting anything through the Commons than May.

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

By far the most logical way to conduct a multi-option referendum would be one question with STV, but considering the UK’s attachment to FPTP that would cause an alarming number of exploding heads among the electorate.

I'd prefer whatever Brexit plan gets the most support in the house, versus Remain. Leavers weren't asked what kind of Brexit they wanted, that was left to Parliament. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The only chance the ERG have of getting what they want is through a General Election or a referendum. Replacing May with a rabid Brexiteer would accomplish nothing, they'd have less chance of getting anything through the Commons than May.

No it isn't, get a rabid brexiteer in and run the clock down.

34 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
Are those chancing fuckers off for a fortnight now?!

Parliament is in recess. What the MP's do during this time I suppose is up to them. Some might go on holiday others might do some constituency work.

Country in disaray and these fucks decide that thier easter break is the most important thing.  Hardly surprising given their attitude.  Surely now time that rules were changed and parliament sat all year rtound and they can stagger their holidays like most industries and offices have to do.

Edited by Moonglum25

May will tell the ERG and DUP that if they want to avoid Euro elections they should finally back her deal.  They won’t.

The Euro elections will go ahead, May will defy all attempts to remove her, and in the run up to Halloween we will be no further forward.

The only thing that could break the logjam is the MPs taking over proceedings again and I think that will only happen if they can be assured a majority for any single proposal.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Moonglum25 said:

Country in disaray and these fucks decide that thier easter break is the most important thing.  Hardly surprising given their attitude.  Surely now time that rules were changed and parliment sat all year rtound and they can stagger their holidays like most inductries and offices have to do.

One of the thickest posts on here. That’s quite an achievement.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And they'd get a VONC.

We'll see, I've not saw or heard anything that makes No Deal less likely than all the other scenarios, Tories are doing Brexit no matter how much mumping and moaning every c**t does.

54 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

We'll see, I've not saw or heard anything that makes No Deal less likely than all the other scenarios, Tories are doing Brexit no matter how much mumping and moaning every c**t does.

When Brexit doesn’t happen will you be part of the Gammon uprising?  If so please post some video of the event.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Thankfully the BBC is eager to have its boy Nigel sweep the board at the Euro elections. Just had ten minutes of him promoting his “Brexit Party”.

I think I know the answer to this, but during his time as an MEP has Farage ever done anything of any note other than claim huge amounts in expenses?