Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Getting a proper Brexit on time should have been a penalty kick after the GE election.

Disentangling 40 years of an integrated economy and institutions was not a matter of taking a penalty kick. Unfortunately our masters had no clue of this before declaring A50. The Scottish Government had a 650 page white paper called Scotland's Future before the Indy Ref, the UK Government are still working off the back of an envelope 3 years later.

58 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

We had a GE because of Brexit, the GE was about nothing else.

Theresa May would've loved that to have been the case but it patently wasn't. I don't think anyone apart from the Lib Dems took the bait.

D3c5-gMUYAE-DCm.jpg&key=b4d0cf0e97d920cbd415e54179f87e9f3ff178a1009f99422402016cff275957
No it's not.
I think we actually could, the EU set the baseline for "general" VAT rate or whatever it is.
I've said it before, the Tories always increase VAT when in power, yet no one seems to be howling about how they pumped it up to 20% when they got back in gov.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d ignore the sinister muttering, that’s all they are.

I'm just interested to note that these sinister mutterings all seem to come from Brexit supporters. Same as death threats to MPs also appear to have emanated from that side.

Are Remainers less likely to be of a violent disposition than Leavers?

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm just interested to note that these sinister mutterings all seem to come from Brexit supporters. Same as death threats to MPs also appear to have emanated from that side.

Are Remainers less likely to be of a violent disposition than Leavers?

The Brexiteers argument is nearly purely emotional rather than rational. I was talking to one last night and every reason he gave blaming the EU was actually decisions made by Westminster. I'd say rational people are less likely to resort to violence.

P.S. I refer you to the post by the fuckwit Brexiteer and Trump defender above.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The Brexiteers argument is nearly purely emotional rather than rational. I was talking to one last night and every reason he gave blaming the EU was actually decisions made by Westminster. I'd say rational people are less likely to resort to violence.

P.S. I refer you to the post by the fuckwit Brexiteer and Trump defender above.

Trump defender :lol: I was just pointing out the conspiracy theory was nonsense.

As for violence I don't take the view that harassing a benefit claimant is less serious than harassing an MP. Or that someone killing an MP is more imoortant than British bombs killing Yemenis. Political violence happens every single day.

Been a bit of a dull return so far, but our premier Daily Mail satirist is certainly finding form again.

Popcorn at the ready for the glorious frothing seethefest to come!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Who the f**k is this oaksoft character? Is he of some old school P&B fame?

Either way, he is coming in far too hot and his game seems to be a couple of years out of date.

Was a centre left Scottish independence supporter until H_B broke his brain.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I get confused with old posters names etc. 

Someone else might remember better but Detournement's old guise destroyed oaksoft's brain over some claim he made (I think it might've been about a brain drain in the aftermath of the No vote) and he never really recovered after that. Maybe cause nobody else really backed him up despite it happening when this forum was at its most tribal.

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I think we actually could, the EU set the baseline for "general" VAT rate or whatever it is.
I've said it before, the Tories always increase VAT when in power, yet no one seems to be howling about how they pumped it up to 20% when they got back in gov.

If we wanted to bankrupt the country, yes we could, but it's not an EU tax, it's "Purchase Tax", introduced in 1940, under a different name

Who the f**k is this oaksoft character? Is he of some old school P&B fame?

Either way, he is coming in far too hot and his game seems to be a couple of years out of date.
An attention seeking daftie who never quite recovered from the humiliation of being owned by H_B. In fairness that's pretty embarrassing.

Maybe cause nobody else really backed him up despite it happening when this forum was at its most tribal.

Says it all really.

Is he the poster with pocketfuls of degrees and  directorships in numerous FTSE100 companies?

AKA Walter Mitty.