Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

D3c5-gMUYAE-DCm.jpg&key=b4d0cf0e97d920cbd415e54179f87e9f3ff178a1009f99422402016cff275957

No it's not.

It's a moot point anyway because the youngsters don't carry cash these days.

Seriously though, a fifth of the total tax take isn't something something that can easily be scrapped. Your Farages etc were using this line pre referendum as well. Another massive piece of bullshit they used to win over the hard of thinking.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/politics/uk/uk-politics/2019-uk-european-elections/228347626/

Most seats:  

Labour 5/4    

Conservatives 9/4  

Brexit party 4/1 

UKIP   8/1  

Change UK 12/1  

Lib Dems 25/1  

Greens 100/1   

Value has to be on Brexit party at 4's who're standing in 70/73 areas ( not NI).   

Looks like the Tory zealots are using this weekend to pile pressure on May.

They may be correct that many Tory voters will feel betrayed if Brexit doesn’t happen soon.  I wonder how voters as a whole would feel if these people were able to expose them to the clusterfuck of a No Deal Brexit.

Just as well we won’t find out.

They may be correct that many Tory voters will feel betrayed if Brexit doesn’t happen soon.  I wonder how voters as a whole would feel if these people were able to expose them to the clusterfuck of a No Deal Brexit.

What do you reckon is going to happen GD?

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

If it's true that the ERG are demanding a VOC in Theresa May then what happens next? 

She tells them to GTF, they called one in December and lost so they have to wait a year to do it again.

The biggest betrayal is the 48% who voted Remain being ignored for the racist tail of the Leave campaign.

I watched Mogg’s interview on Sophie Ridge this morning.  The one question that he and his ilk should be getting asked in every interview is “do you realise the the present Conservative government is a minority government?”  

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why?

It's a petulant and irrelevant question other than to have a wee meaningless ego-driven dig. You get a few minutes to interview these guys. Why spunk a minute or so on childish nonsense?

They may be a minority government but there isn't another option right now. I don't see any other groups working together to produce a big enough mass of MPs to take over from them do you?

I forget how thick you are until you post and remind me.

Its a central question because Mogg et co act as if May can simply implement their interpretation of the Conservative manifesto.

Even if every Tory MP voted with her there’s no guarantee that would happen because it’s a MINORITY GOVERNMENT.

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

The manifesto was roundly rejected. I don't hear Brexiters going on about the need to implement the dementia tax because it was in the manifesto. 

We had a GE because of Brexit, the GE was about nothing else.

One here for all the psychologists on these threads, ( I know there are quite a few)

I've mentioned this before during the past 12 months or so, since I came to live in the north of England. 

I seem to frequently encounter sinister mutterings from Brexit supporters, involving threats of violence if Brexit doesn't materialize. 

Why don't I hear similar threats emanating from Remainers if Brexit does materialise? Will they just quietly and peacefully accept that situation?

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

One here for all the psychologists on these threads, ( I know there are quite a few)

I've mentioned this before during the past 12 months or so, since I came to live in the north of England. 

I seem to frequently encounter sinister mutterings from Brexit supporters, involving threats of violence if Brexit doesn't materialize. 

Why don't I hear similar threats emanating from Remainers if Brexit does materialise? Will they just quietly and peacefully accept that situation?

Probably because they lost a democratic vote.

38 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I’d ignore the sinister muttering, that’s all they are.

37 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

We had a GE because of Brexit, the GE was about nothing else.

The 2 main parties had nearly identical policies on Brexit, 82.3% of voters did not choose Brexit. The vote was about the lesser of 2 evils. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The 2 main parties had nearly identical policies on Brexit, 82.3% of voters did not choose Brexit. The vote was about the lesser of 2 evils. 

Getting a proper Brexit on time should have been a penalty kick after the GE election, I reckon we'd still be fighting for independence if we'd voted YES, I'm sure we'd all be quite happy just staying in the UK if we'd voted 52/48 YES, there's no way these pages would be full of tears and snotters from all the ragers if that was the case.