Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Labour might lose votes in this way too but I suspect not as many and not with such devastating consequences.

And

I

f you have a moment, pause and reflect on the political apocalypse that has engulfed the Conservative Party during this byelection campaign and then contemplate with me the fact that the result of the vote was a 2.4% swing from Labour to the Conservatives.

This swing was hardly a rally of support for the Conservatives: it was the product of the fall in Conservative support since the 2017 general election (-8%) being smaller than the fall in Labour support (-12.7%). The decline in Conservative support I understand (as I also understand the Conservative candidate’s relief after the count that his party had not been entirely wiped out); but what am I, or anyone else, to make of the greater drop in Labour’s support? Surely Mr Corbyn cannot be correct: the result cannot “show support for Labour’s alternative” if it represents a 24% loss in Labour’s share of the vote since the 2017 general election?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/apr/05/brexit-latest-news-developments-live-theresa-may-writes-to-eu-requesting-another-article-50-extension-but-only-until-30-june-live-news?page=with:block-5ca7408c8f08d36c4a923fa4#block-5ca7408c8f08d36c4a923fa4

The French sound like a "non" for an extension without a significant movement. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/apr/05/brexit-latest-news-developments-live-theresa-may-writes-to-eu-requesting-another-article-50-extension-but-only-until-30-june-live-news?page=with:block-5ca75bd38f086430d391a101#block-5ca75bd38f086430d391a101

While someone on Mays team was apparently trying to sell her deal as a Customs Union in all but name. 

Edited, the quote is from Amélie de Montchalin,

I will just leave this here. 

Interview-de-l-ete-Amelie-de-Montchalin-

Edited by dorlomin

2 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/apr/05/brexit-latest-news-developments-live-theresa-may-writes-to-eu-requesting-another-article-50-extension-but-only-until-30-june-live-news?page=with:block-5ca75bd38f086430d391a101#block-5ca75bd38f086430d391a101

While someone on Mays team was apparently trying to sell her deal as a Customs Union in all but name. 

Good news if true.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Good news if true.

It won't be.  The letter to the EU specifically indicated that she is not looking to alter the WA in these discussions. How do Labour sign up to that having opposed it tooth and nail. 

Tusk and co must not let the Westminster madness descend on the EU parliament. They must stay strong or they will be dragged into the Westminster chaos.

Unless there is real movement by the UK then all extensions should be refused. The pantomime has gone on long enough. 

10 minutes ago, HTG said:

It won't be.  The letter to the EU specifically indicated that she is not looking to alter the WA in these discussions. How do Labour sign up to that having opposed it tooth and nail. 

Maybe I wasn’t clear.  I meant the French refusing an extension unless there’s a significant movement is good news if true.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear.  I meant the French refusing an extension unless there’s a significant movement is good news if true.

Amélie de Montchalin - WID!

On a serious note it sounds like r27 are now totally pissed off with us!

Amélie de Montchalin.

Edited by btb

58 minutes ago, HTG said:

Again, Labour have said they haven't a problem with the WA, it's the Political Declaration. The EU have categorically refused to reopen the WA but they're quite happy to alter the PD. The daft thing is that the PD is non binding so the final deal depends on who's running the Government and the EU during the negotiations. May and Corbyn are arguing over the shade of paper the WA is printed on. The real choice is between a totally blind Brexit and Remain, but that's the process the EU insisted on.

P.S. Even No Deal will be blind as the EU will refuse to negotiate on a trade deal until the Irish Border question has a back stop, citizens rights are guaranteed and the money we owe the EU has been settled, much the same as the WA.

Edited by welshbairn

Edited, the quote is from Amélie de Montchalin,

I will just leave this here. 
Interview-de-l-ete-Amelie-de-Montchalin-Zero-alcool-a-part-du-champagne.jpg&key=9a7529ebfa2a50b509503252abaed9d2da53995a0dcc2ed9141ea099827976af
France will shite it