Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Looks likely the EU will only go longer, 30th March 2020 being mooted, but with a break clause if an agreement is reached. That would be a more sensible route to take, you’d think.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm actually going to be in Doncaster for about 20 minutes on Saturday evening as I have to change trains there between Sheffield and Kings X.   Happy to pass on any message that you have for the brain-dead, racist Northern c***s.

Except you can't blame Blair.  The electorate gets the politicians that it deserves.  This is a universal truth.

As it's you that's saying it, it's most unlikely to be a universal truth. 

It's actually one of those lazy, cynical sayings by someone long before you...,

someone who also couldn't be arsed to dig deeper. 

Edited by beefybake

Oh come on, there's nothing remotely out there about pointing out the cynicism of the anti-Semitic attacks.

It gets trotted out whenever it's need by his opponents, and is not some random daily news event (oh my gosh, aren't there a lot of labour anti-Semitism stories at the moment - no smoke without fire and all that).

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Oh come on, there's nothing remotely out there about pointing out the cynicism of the anti-Semitic attacks.

Weird how opposition to a second referendum is suddenly about "anti semitism". 

Not some weird obsessives shoe-horning completely unrelated topics into the Brexit discussion. Not at all. 

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It gets trotted out whenever it's need by his opponents, and is not some random daily news event (oh my gosh, aren't there a lot of labour anti-Semitism stories at the moment - no smoke without fire and all that).

Equally there was a story about Tory members suspended for Islamophobia then quietly allowed back in.  It was covered by the media for one day in a very low key manner.

Mind you maybe I’m just being paranoid.  :(

34 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

So A request to extend it to 30th June. This is just ridiculous. 

A mad cap plan based on false premise that had the thinnest of majorities of support and falling is a chaotic clusterfuck with no popular end game. 

Who would have thunk. 

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

Weird how opposition to a second referendum is suddenly about "anti semitism". 

Not some weird obsessives shoe-horning completely unrelated topics into the Brexit discussion. Not at all. 

I believe that there are some pro-Israeli Labour MPs who don’t want Corbyn as PM.  They would rather have a pro-Israeli Tory PM than a Labour PM sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.

They will happily use any political issue, including Brexit, to undermine Corbyn.

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

No you are a jew hating bigot.

Some folk don’t understand the difference between Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism.

I don’t think you’re one of those people.

I think you’re someone who deliberately and falsely equates the two things.

May threatening the ERG/DUP/Labour shitehawks with the prospect of participation in the EU elections if they don’t back her deal.

I wonder how many of them will fold; I reckon it will be more from Labour than elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

May threatening the ERG/DUP/Labour shitehawks with the prospect of participation in the EU elections if they don’t back her deal.

I wonder how many of them will fold; I reckon it will be more from Labour than elsewhere.

If there's no deal by April 12th then they will have to hold Euro elections, unless we crash out or revoke, that's just a fact, not a threat. The EU have been crystal clear, if the UK doesn't take part their seats are shared around other countries and parties have to nominate candidates. If the UK haven't left by the next Parliament but have not held elections decisions made in the EU Parliament could have no legal validity.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think people are quite capable of realising that one can easily be used as an umbrella for attacking the other.

It's a tactic as old as the hills.

I totally agree.  There are anti-Semites who hide behind the cloak of anti-Zionism.  Then again there are many anti-Zionists who are not anti-Semitic; including Jews and including Israeli Jews.

It’s like the anti-Islamists who are really racists and those who simply have concerns about the religion itself.

It’s a complicated world.

If the UK haven't left by the next Parliament but have not held elections decisions made in the EU Parliament could have no legal validity.

I was going to jokingly suggest that perhaps this was the true ERG plan all along, but I feel that still gives them too much credit...

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If there's no deal by April 12th then they will have to hold Euro elections, unless we crash out or revoke, that's just a fact, not a threat. The EU have been crystal clear, if the UK doesn't take part their seats are shared around other countries and parties have to nominate candidates. If the UK haven't left by the next Parliament but have not held elections decisions made in the EU Parliament could have no legal validity.

My point was that I wouldn’t be surprised to see May’s deal coming back to Parliament before 12 April if she got indications that enough MPs had changed their minds.

Unlikely but we’re in unlikely territory.