Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

This shifts the blame for the disaster that will be Brexit from the No Deal crew to Labour and May in the eyes of the Brexit voters*. In other words it allows who ever picks up the mantle of the 48 Counties Continuity UKIP to promise a land of unicorns and honey for years to come, if only we ditch the EU for WTO. 

It also has a good chance of an deal being struck that will be a referendum 2 for Mays deal plus some "Better Together" type promises on labour rights and environment vs no deal so forcing the public to endorse a very unpopular deal with fake guarentees vs no deal. 

*The remain voters will very unlikely see it in strictly that light. 

The question is is it thicko Jezza on his own or will he take Starmer, who is a pretty sharp lawyer, in with him. Answers on a postcard. 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

I remember the good old days when the Eu would cave in at the last minute 

I remember this line being trotted out by the UKnats constantly - “this is how the EU does things; it caves at the eleventh hour”. Was there any evidence that it was a perennial EU tactic or was it just another lie?

I remember this line being trotted out by the UKnats constantly - “this is how the EU does things; it caves at the eleventh hour”. Was there any evidence that it was a perennial EU tactic or was it just another lie?
Brought to you by people that put some stuff on the side of a bus,they are also the ones telling us that the wto is great

25 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Just add a fucking CU and let's move on

Adding a CU on it's own is a pretty bad idea if they stop short of the Nick Boles proposal which is a Norway style Brexit (CU + SM). Make no mistake, if Corbyn settled for a Ken Clarke proposal of a customs union Turkey style Brexit, that's still a fairly hard Brexit.

If I was Corbyn, I'd be saying it's either Norway style EFTA/EEA with full single market access, or if you're not willing to allow free movement then let's do a referendum on May's deal.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Adding a CU on it's own is a pretty bad idea if they stop short of the Nick Boles proposal which is a Norway style Brexit (CU + SM). Make no mistake, if Corbyn settled for a Ken Clarke proposal of a customs union Turkey style Brexit, that's still a fairly hard Brexit.

If I was Corbyn, I'd be saying it's either Norway style EFTA/EEA with full single market access, or if you're not willing to allow free movement then let's do a referendum on May's deal.

Whatever they put in to get it passed won't be set in stone. There's nothing to stop anything from a hard brexit to Canada, Norway or Rejoining happening after negotiations. The important thing is for Parliament to have the right of veto and to mandate negotiating priorities during the transition. That's why the EU are so flexible, they'll happily add a customs union to the PD as nobody will know what it means until the details have been negotiated.

Yet with your secondary level economic genius you were happy to wrench us out the Union that matters (80% of trade) with no guarantee on even currency. Go figure. 

If you’re going to be an arse about it its actually tertiary level. Regardless yes because leaving the UK doesnt preclude trade. Currency issue has been addressed!

Is Corbyn anxious to end freedom of movent?
I was under the impression that would have to continue if we remain in the customs union.

Customs union (Turkey) and Single market (Norway) are two different things. CU alone doesn’t have free movement

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Is Corbyn anxious to end freedom of movent?

I was under the impression that would have to continue if we remain in the customs union.

He wants cake same as Theresa. They will not get access to CU and single market without it.

Edited by dirty dingus