Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m worried that Corbyn is going to f**k this up.

The good news is he might not get the chance.

I think it’s very possible that the EU will now play hardball.  They know that Parliament doesn’t want a Hard Brexit, they know that May doesn’t want a Hard Brexit.  I think they could refuse a short extension and insist on a longer one which means the U.K. would be obliged to field candidates for the European elections.

That could lead to the binary choice of Hard Brexit and revocation.

In the longer term, May will never be able to convincingly argue about the dangers of Corbyn given she is now working with him.  

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

EU being very quiet.  I expect some sort of reaction before the end of the week.

EU previously (at last summit) offered 22nd May as an option for an extension - contingent on UK taking part in EP elections.  Doubt they'll change that.

The ERG types will be pleased that they went early with the vote of no confidence in May and can't do anything to bin her now that she has traded them for Corbyn. I'm not sure that her singing "I will if you will so will I" will work but the seethe will be creating cappuccinos at breakfast tables all across the blue rinse and racist strongholds. 

PMQ's should be good craic as these two clowns perform like a couple o contestants on blind date. 

All Labour folk I've heard(Long Bailey and Laird) on the radio this morning are sniveling shitebags scared to have a position on a referendum and what they will actually be wanting to go through. 

May is kicking the can down the road till the 22nd May. That means we won't participate in the EU elections. This will enable her to bring her deal back to parliament and say it's my deal or no deal with no chance of an extension if we don't back her.

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

May is kicking the can down the road till the 22nd May. That means we won't participate in the EU elections. This will enable her to bring her deal back to parliament and say it's my deal or no deal with no chance of an extension if we don't back her.

The EU will absolutely tell her to do one with this idea. Any further extension past next Friday will require a commitment to hold EU elections, albeit with the caveat that the elections could be cancelled if a deal is agreed (assuming the end date of the extension is before the opening of the new EU parliament on July 2nd)

What I think they'll do is offer an extension until the end of June, but conditional on the UK holding European elections in May. The UK will organise the European elections and campaign for them meanwhile the parliament continues to try and come to a deal.

If a deal is struck before the election day, the election gets cancelled, June 30th becomes locked in as the Brexit date and the remaining time until then is just a "technical extension" to iron out the deal that's agreed.

If a deal isn't struck by May 22nd then the elections go ahead and it opens up the possibility of a longer extension being agreed past June.

Only thing is this could lead to a farcical scenario where the elections have to get cancelled at the last minute if a deal is struck or perhaps a deal is very close but not final and the elections go ahead but it's very clear that the elected candidates will never become MEPs

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think its largely because anyone with even a primary school level of comprehension of economics would suggest that post brexit the damage to Scotland’s economy would not be undone by ‘taking a couple of billion’. Thankfully we have actual adults in Scotland looking out for us.

Yet with your secondary level economic genius you were happy to wrench us out the Union that matters (80% of trade) with no guarantee on even currency. Go figure. 

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Yet with your secondary level economic genius you were happy to wrench us out the Union that matters (80% of trade) with no guarantee on even currency. Go figure. 

Are you saying that post-Brexit UK is only going to be trading freely with countries it owns? That seems sane.

Are you saying that post-Brexit UK is only going to be trading freely with countries it owns? That seems sane.

Dear ol blighty will jolly well does what it pleases as cleary demonstrated by brexit.It will inform all the johnny foreigners about its wishes and they will submit